Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Art Vandelay

Anything good really just finished off the last season of Sneaky Pete on prime and enjoyed that but open to most things.
The Expanse, The Boys, Seinfeld, Vikings, Into the Badlands.

There's a lot of good older stuff on there that's not on Netflix, but can't remember it all off the top of my head.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Anything good really just finished off the last season of Sneaky Pete on prime and enjoyed that but open to most things.
If you like slow paced crime drama in a different style than Sneaky Pete then Too Old to Die Young is outstanding.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday I finished Another Life,science fiction from Netflix. I liked it a lot. It reminded me a bit of Nightflyers, which I also liked.
However It seems that the reviews of both are not too good.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm halfway through The Boys now. It's quite something. That whole plane hijacking business was pretty brutal.

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
Just binged the first couple of episodes of Pennyworth, really excellent show so far.
Follows Alfred Pennyworth in 1950-60s London. Great action, good dialogue and there's a good pace to the show.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
It’s a DC stream show so I’d imagine it was viewed by nefarious means. Or maybe he is American and pays for the DC service, who knows but outside of America you’ll have to pirate it.
EPIX it's called. Owned by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime TV and HULU.

How many subscription shit are out there? And Disney+ isn't online yet...

No way they can all survive. Some will fall...

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm a sucker for just about anything pseudo medieval or classical times but I've found Knightfall to be quite rewarding now that I'm in its second season. Kinda started binging the first season once GoT was done and I caught up on the Last Kingdom.

Sure it's a bit predictable and historically there are some major things wrong with it but the acting is quite top notch imho (some familiar faces, like the guy who played Crassus on HBOs Spartacus and the guy who played the leader of the thirteen of Qarth on GoT to name a few) and hey Mark Hamill is on it too now. Yes.. That Mark Hamill.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'e just gotten around to watching Big Little Lies and like it so far. It's probably not something for the majority on the Caf though.

Andersons Dietician

EPIX it's called. Owned by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime TV and HULU.

How many subscription shit are out there? And Disney+ isn't online yet...

No way they can all survive. Some will fall...
The good thing is in the UK because the DC streaming service isn’t available I think Netflix are just picking up the shows which is what they did with Titans and they are advertising Titans season 2. Haven’t however seen anything for Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing coming to Netflix, but I do agree all these paid for services are becoming a little ridiculous.

Hopefully Netflix picks up the others but I saw a bit of Pennyworth and it looked a bit crap so was going to give it a miss.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'e just gotten around to watching Big Little Lies and like it so far. It's probably not something for the majority on the Caf though.
I enjoyed S1 but the second one was just a loan of crap imo

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
My Mrs is currently watching her 3rd straight episode of Lovesick, and I am absolutely baffled by the milquetoast terribleness of this show, the utter yawning charisma vacuum that is its lead, the bafflingly dramatic way its filmed (which would undermine the comedy, if there was any) the 2D blechdel test case love interest, and generally just how it’s managed to get 3 whole seasons commissioned...

I was merely slightly peeved at first, but then I googled Johnny Flynn out of some perverse curiosity, to find that not only was there not a small, culturally appreciated hate movement dedicated to his singularly empty awfulness, but that he’s actually been cast as David Bowie (David SHITTING BOWIE! - one of the most charismatic people of the 20th century FFS!) in the (admittedly unsanctioned) biopic, and now I’m genuinely quite angry about everything... I might go for a long walk to calm down.... Or kill something.... it’s a toss up at this point.

At least Daniel Ings is trying.

EDIT: They’re now in a strip club, and the comedy idiot character has said “it’s like a bar, but people take their clothes off!!”

Yes. Yes it is. That’s is what that is.

...And now one of the strippers is falling for said comedy idiot.... None of these writers have ever been to a strip club before. I can feel an infuriatingly inaccurate comedy drug scene coming on at any moment... I hate everything about this, and subsequently life.
I'm plowing through this. I was originally intrigued by the concept and was charmed by Antonia Thomas, and Daniel Ings is ok... but yeah it became pretty tiresome quickly and yet I'm getting through it easily. It's bland and it's poorly written and the lead is awful but it somehow remains watchable, not sure how.

Tragic news to hear that Johnny Flynn is going to play David Bowie, wtf?!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Anybody watched Homecoming? The series with Julia Roberts. Just wondering if it's any good.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Been watching Kim’s Convenience on Netflix.
A comedy series set in a Korean owned convenience store in sunny Toronto. Seriously it’s never winter in that show.

Sure some of the characters are cack but in the main it’s good for some laughs.
Pretty sure the show is always filmed in the summer.

Good show I like, especially as living abroad it just helps remind me of home. Mr. D, Letterkenny, Less than Kind and Republic of Doyle are some other lesser known Canadian shows I love. Cardinal is another recent one for crime drama.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anybody watched Homecoming? The series with Julia Roberts. Just wondering if it's any good.
Personally found it a bit underwhelming given all the hype it had around it. But good enough to binge on a weekend.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Personally found it a bit underwhelming given all the hype it had around it. But good enough to binge on a weekend.
Yeah I've read some really positive reviews of it but never fancied it until now really. I'll probably give it an episode or two and see how it goes.

wr8_utd

:'(
Any of you recommend Sneaky Pete?

Was looking for a new show to watch and it looks interesting.
It's never going to be a high quality show but it's fun to watch nonetheless. Much better than the Suits type of fun as well.