Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Gave up on Pam and Tommy halfway through second episode. They’re just not interesting people (as portrayed). Tommy’s talking cock was a low point.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I watched a cold war series called Gloria on netflix. I thought it was really good.

Anustart89

Do not go anywhere near ‘The woman in the house across the house across the street from the girl in the window’

It’s another Netflix grift designed to get you watching for six 50 minute slots. They do not care if you like things. They just want you watching.

It’s Fcuking abysmal. Hands down one of the worst tv series ever. It has zero redeeming qualities. Avoid.
You do know it's a parody, right?

RedDevilRoshi

Finished S2 of The Witcher. Not bad. Interesting to see how S3 goes

Anyone watched Maid, which is a limited series or Homeland which is about 8 seasons? Tempted to give both a watch once I’ve finished part 1 of the final season of Ozark

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Anyone watched Maid, which is a limited series or Homeland which is about 8 seasons? Tempted to give both a watch once I’ve finished part 1 of the final season of Ozark
Homeland is very popular but i gave up after a season i think. Ridiculous things happening that defy belief.

Meller

Homeland started out great but became awful so stopped watching after a few seasons.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Homeland started out great but became awful so stopped watching after a few seasons.
It was a weird one that fluctuated a bit.

First 2 were great then series 3 was almost a transition season between the first 2 and the 4th in Pakistan which (in my opinion) the show peaked all be it with a let down finale. Series 5 in Germany was good but not as good as 4, 6 and 7 with President Keane was absolutely awful but then the last series was a good last hurrah.

SirAnderson

Maid was brilliant; short, so maybe start with that.
Homeland was great for me as well, took me a while to actually finish it though, think I stopped after season 6 for a bit, and then just end of last year completed season 7 and 8. All in all, it is a great show, similar to The Americans to me.

Widow

Homeland was one of my all time favorites. I loved every season and didn't it to end.

I'm surprised by the hate for it tbh especially after seeing what some of these folk have recommended.

Bondi77

New episodes of Ozark are on Netflix if no one has already mentioned it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Watch Homeland, great show & rather prescient, especially the last few seasons.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I watched The Puppetmaster on Netflix over the past few days. Anyone here seen it? It's ridiculous.

Not sure whether to feel bad about saying this, but I found it very difficult to have much sympathy for the victims in it. It was just so bloody absurd, I just couldn't help but think "how the feck did you believe this for YEARS" It's either Netflix didn't do a good job at explaining everything, or I'm just missing something here, but it was so ridiculous I wasn't buying it.

I felt for the families who were left behind. But the others? I found it very difficult.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I watched The Puppetmaster on Netflix over the past few days. Anyone here seen it? It's ridiculous.

Not sure whether to feel bad about saying this, but I found it very difficult to have much sympathy for the victims in it. It was just so bloody absurd, I just couldn't help but think "how the feck did you believe this for YEARS" It's either Netflix didn't do a good job at explaining everything, or I'm just missing something here, but it was so ridiculous I wasn't buying it.

I felt for the families who were left behind. But the others? I found it very difficult.
Yea i thought it was ridiculous how they were conditioned. The man gave him 400k which would be close to a million in todays money.

I guess there are just some really dumb vunerable people out there.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yea i thought it was ridiculous how they were conditioned. The man gave him 400k which would be close to a million in todays money.

I guess there are just some really dumb vunerable people out there.
And that mother.

I mean, sorry, but that's a lousy mother right there. Allowing that to happen to her kids. Nah. She's not completely innocent in this.

SirAnderson

Yeah watched it this week, couldn't believe how gullible and easy they went along with it...for that long. I can understand initially, but that was crazy.

The Tinder Swindler was much more easier to fall for I felt. I had watched that a few days before watching this one.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I watched Inventing Anna because it was recommended as a quasi-companion peice to The Tinder Swindler (fine but unexceptional) and Puppetmaster (better but frustrating/unsatisfactory) and got 1 and a half episodes in before realising almost 2 hours had gone by and I didn’t care about any of these cnuts or any of their shit…

The freedom of making something for streaming can work well when a show does shorter or longer than usual episodes depending on what they have to say/what is needed for that particular story…but a basic show about boring high society NYers where every episode clocks in at over an hour is just a massive failure of production and editing…. It’s literally just no one having the balls to stand up to Shonda Rimes and say “look, you should actually cut all this crap out…”

And that’s before you get into the unnecessary framing device of telling the story through the eyes of a boring, unlikeable journalist whose pissy that her career hasn’t peaked yet…

Bleugh… would rather have watched a doc on it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I watched Inventing Anna because it was recommended as a quasi-companion peice to The Tinder Swindler (fine but unexceptional) and Puppetmaster (better, but frustrating/unsatisfactory) and got 1 and a half episodes in before realising almost 2 hours had gone by and I didn’t care about any of these cnuts or any of their shit…

The freedom of making something for streaming can work well when a show does shorter or longer than usual episodes depending on what they have to say/what is needed for that particular story…but a basic show about boring high society NYers where every episode clocks in at over an hour is just a massive failure of production and editing…. It’s literally just no one having the balls to stand up to Shonda Rimes and say “look, you should actually cut all this crap out…”

And that’s before you get into the unnecessary framing device of telling the story through the eyes of a boring, unlikeable journalist whose pissy that her career hasn’t peaked yet…

I looked at the episode lenght initially and thought it seemed too long some episodes. Then the reviews were bad, so i will give it a pass.

Tarrou

Im not much of a horror fan but really enjoyed Midnight Mass, from the guy who did The Haunting of Hill House

one scene in particular is absolutely terrifying

Atheist

Watching Demon Slayer on Netflix and it's just incredible - the first season is a bit slow but the second and third ones are just incredibly rewarding and emotional.

Oldyella

Enjoyable enough.Not as good as Arcane, but not much this year has been imo.
Just revisiting this quote now the series has ended. I really enjoyed this, thought it picked up A LOT during the middle episodes. Still not quite as good as Arcane, but closer than I thought it would be.

Im not much of a horror fan but really enjoyed Midnight Mass, from the guy who did The Haunting of Hill House

one scene in particular is absolutely terrifying
Adore this show, one of my favourites ever.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just finished Archive 81 on Netflix. Probably the least predictable show I've seen... maybe ever. Kept me guessing right up til the finale, and the final shot is a doozy.

Red Rash

Just finished watching The Stranger on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Would recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just finished watching The Stranger on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Would recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers.
All those Harlan Coben adaptions are pretty decent. The Innocent was brilliant too. The pick of the lot IMO.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
New episodes of Ozark are on Netflix if no one has already mentioned it.
It's a great show. Just finishing season 3 so looking forward to this. It is a bit slow, but the characterization is brilliant. And at times is absolutely hilarious. Bateman killed his role and Linney is also perfect.

Red Rash

All those Harlan Coben adaptions are pretty decent. The Innocent was brilliant too. The pick of the lot IMO.
Nice I will try and watch that next. I watched Safe a while back and that was also quite enjoyable.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I watched Inventing Anna because it was recommended as a quasi-companion peice to The Tinder Swindler (fine but unexceptional) and Puppetmaster (better but frustrating/unsatisfactory) and got 1 and a half episodes in before realising almost 2 hours had gone by and I didn’t care about any of these cnuts or any of their shit…

I actually watched the entire season because I found it interesting, but I'd agree with what you say - there's some massive problems in editing and it feels like the overall thing could've been 2h shorter and it wouldn't have changed much. I also absolutely hate the style of the show, with all the soulless pop and flashy editing and fast forwards, it feels like it could've been done 15 years ago. I also struggle to understand how Anna Chlumsky has made a career out of her one-range acting, but good for her.

There's a lot to dislike, which is why I'm surprised I actually enjoyed it. Julia Garner was the main reason, she's a wonderful actress and portrays this detestable young woman perfectly, and the overall deception/doubt (I actually knew nothing about the story so was kept wondering for large parts) also contributed. There was also one episode that was genuinely very well done (the Marrakech one), it built up the tension really well.

Not one I'll remember for very long, but an enjoyable watch while it lasted, for the most part.

lilcurt

Thought Maid was good.
Early seasons of Homeland are exceptional. The later seasons lost their way a little be it got good again at the end.

Even if you don't watch them all the first two or three seasons are some of the best TV out their if you like espionage. They also have a very natural jumping off point if you don't want to commit to the entire series.

United in sin

Maid is a great show. It really captured a part of the American experience in a way that you hardly see on scripted tv. I absolutely loved it. Homeland is one of my favorite shows. Have you seen the Americans? It's a show about the cold war and focuses on two Russian spies pretending to be a happily married suburban American couple

RedDevilRoshi

Maid is a great show. It really captured a part of the American experience in a way that you hardly see on scripted tv. I absolutely loved it. Homeland is one of my favorite shows. Have you seen the Americans? It's a show about the cold war and focuses on two Russian spies pretending to be a happily married suburban American couple
Cheers, going to give both Maid & Homeland a watch once I’ve got through Ozark & Hawkeye.

I’ve not seen the Americans but have heard good things about it. My watchlist is pretty stacked just now and with the LOTR & Kenobi series about to start along with the new season of Top Boy & The Boys, it’s going to get even bigger :lol:

United in sin

Cheers, going to give both Maid & Homeland a watch once I’ve got through Ozark & Hawkeye.

I’ve not seen the Americans but have heard good things about it. My watchlist is pretty stacked just now and with the LOTR & Kenobi series about to start along with the new season of Top Boy & The Boys, it’s going to get even bigger :lol:
My list is crazy too! There's so much goodness being produced, it's a golden era. I'm really looking forward to LORT and Kenobi as well. Between Netflix, Disney plus, Amazon prime and HBO Max there's just too much content to keep up with haha. Cheers mate

alanjohnson

I'm watching Dark these days. It's different to anything i've watched before. Ozark and Fargo are up there.