Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Finished binging all 3 seasons of Mr Inbetween. Thought it was great. Hope there is a 4th season but not sure if it’s been confirmed or that’s it finished now?
Series 3 was the end. And what an end.

Breaks the 4th wall. Smiles. RUN

SirAnderson

Check out El Marginal on netflix, one of if not the best prison drama I've ever watched, 4th season just released. Its set in Buenos Aires .
I think you recommended this a while back, and I actually have the first 2 seasons downloaded.
I started it but I got distracted and just never started it again, it did look decent though, so hopefully will find some time to get to it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
About when did you give up on it? I am into season two & am struggling to keep expending time on it.
There's a big lull in the middle of season two, that's where I stopped initially. The latter episodes of season two and the other two seasons are spectacular though.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I think you recommended this a while back, and I actually have the first 2 seasons downloaded.
I started it but I got distracted and just never started it again, it did look decent though, so hopefully will find some time to get to it.
Hope you enjoy if you decide to watch, the characters in it are amazing, it's both brutally horrific, painfully funny and dramatically gripping.

CallyRed

Anyone watched The Responder? It's on iPlayer, first two episodes were on BBC1 this week, but binged watched them all
Really good watch. Martin Freeman is excellent as a dodgy scouse copper.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any good non-American comedy series people can recommend?

AgentSmith

Anyone watched The Responder? It's on iPlayer, first two episodes were on BBC1 this week, but binged watched them all
Watched the first ep and was really impressed, glad to see the quality sustains.

Extremely gritty but Freeman is fantastic like you say, worth watching for his accent alone!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
After Life is hilarious.
Cheers. Watched that. I should maybe specify further as I'm probably aware of most English speaking content. Are there any non-English speaking comedy series that are gems people can recommend?

I'd recommend a Danish series called Klovn that has some similarities with Curb, though it's a hassle to find English subs.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Binged season 1 of Mr Inbetween based on recommendations on here. Its really good
Just finished this, regrettably. Excellent TV with a great finale. I'm going to miss hanging out with Ray. I'd have happily watched another few seasons, but I guess all the great shows leave you wanting more.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Excellent TV with a great finale.
Hard to fault the last episode imo. And the tension leading up to the very satisfying final scene was extremely well done. I keep watching from just before the drone appears again and again.

edcunited1878

Saw some people mentioned Pennyworth a year or two back, but got around to it now that it's on HBO Max as part of Warner Bros and it's pretty well done. Enjoyed it, although it is a little odd and slow through some parts.

Lots of brutal death blows/head shots, so if you're not totally kosher on that, you've been warned.

Widow

The responder on bbci is worth a watch.
Martin Freeman gave another great performance depicting a man on the edge of a breakdown. Five episodes and I loved all of them.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The responder on bbci is worth a watch.
Martin Freeman gave another great performance depicting a man on the edge of a breakdown. Five episodes and I loved all of them.
Much better than I expected. Hopefully there will be a 2nd series

Widow

Much better than I expected. Hopefully there will be a 2nd series
Agreed and agreed.

It didn't have much appeal when I was on the hunt for something to watch but I was pleasantly surprised. really enjoyed how the story was told and felt like Freeman play the part to perfection.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been watching All Of Us Are Dead.

So far it’s ok but suffering from dumbass characters. If I have to see one more scene where someone is turning into a zombie and they all just stand there I’m gonna stop watching.

laughtersassassin

So what's everyone's top 5 shows?? Curios to see if there are any I haven seen,

Mine would be something like the below:

1: The Wire
2: The Leftovers
3: Braking Bad
4: The Sopranos
5: Game of Thrones

Honourable mentions:
Fargo season 1 and 2
True Detective season 1
Better Call Saul
Peaky Blinders
Chernobyl

Probably some more stuff that im missing. Anyone have anything other than them that make their top five or 10?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Been watching All Of Us Are Dead.

So far it’s ok but suffering from dumbass characters. If I have to see one more scene where someone is turning into a zombie and they all just stand there I’m gonna stop watching.
This is getting really good reviews.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not from what I've seen/heard.

Plus, 7.7 from imdb.
The Guardian is raving about it and the guardian dont hand out good reviews easily.

Whenever i am reading reviews about a film, the guardian is the one i pay most attention to.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The Guardian is raving about it and the guardian dont hand out good reviews easily.

Whenever i am reading reviews about a film, the guardian is the one i pay most attention to.
I’m three episodes in. It’s decent but like I said before it really suffers from people doing stupid things which just ends up annoying me. Also they end some scenes with someone getting chased, zombies right behind them, and then the next time we see them they’re hiding somewhere and weren’t caught. There’s so much zombie content out there you need to do something to make it stand out but so far it’s got a bit of laziness in it and dumb character choices.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I’m three episodes in. It’s decent but like I said before it really suffers from people doing stupid things which just ends up annoying me. Also they end some scenes with someone getting chased, zombies right behind them, and then the next time we see them they’re hiding somewhere and weren’t caught. There’s so much zombie content out there you need to do something to make it stand out but so far it’s got a bit of laziness in it and dumb character choices.
Have you seen Kingdom on netflix? That is another south korean zombie flick, but it's really good.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Train To Busan was awesome. But a film not a show.

I finished The Expanse a few nights ago. Just fell kinda flat for me towards the end. During it's peak it was so good.

Gonna start a few BBC dramas on iplayer as I've been asleep on them. Time, Line of Duty and the new Freeman one that just came out.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It was much better than I expected after I wasn't totally convinced after the first 2 episodes. You would think a second series will be commissioned.

Last edited: