Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Manncunian

Poker Face first few eps were good, but it fell off a cliff and I gave up after E4. Samey and predictable. Poor.

Definitely going to give Mr Inbetween a go though.

I can’t recommend Dead To Me enough. Stellar performances from Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Poker Face first few eps were good, but it fell off a cliff and I gave up after E4. Samey and predictable. Poor.

Definitely going to give Mr Inbetween a go though.

I can’t recommend Dead To Me enough. Stellar performances from Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini.
I couldn't finish the last season of Dead to Me because Christina's health issues are so apparent in her appearance etc. I know they kind of wrote it into the script in a way but i have a hard time seeing someone as previously vibrant like her just whittle almost before my very eyes.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
North Shore is not at all great. John Bradley is as good as ever and some of the rest of the cast aren't bad considering the terrible material they are often given to work with but in the end the clunky plot and script make this annoying to watch much of the time. The actual "twist" and associated actions and motivations of most concerned that are revealed in the last 2 episodes are ludicrous. A real shame as it could have been very good.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Thanks to those who spoke about Happy Valley, great gem.
Lovely series, even though the characters can frustrated one at times.
Finished 2 seasons in a week, will be starting with season 3.
Only thing is you kinda know they will wrap it in a nice bow by the time you get to the finale, still the journey getting there is great and you grow with the characters.
I also watched the show recently. The first season can be hard viewing, it was excellent throughout though and finished well.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
All five shows currently on Netflix.

Losers - Looks at how athletes handle a crushing defeat. Whilst he's not an athlete, I wish there was on episode dedicated to Sam Alladyce's thoughts on being relegated for the first time.

Live to Lead presented by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Produced by Prince Harry and Meghan, the episodes look at the real life stories of influential leaders and includes themes of feminism, climate change, and racial equality.

Tidying up with Marie Kondo - Had the episodes in the background whilst doing my cleaning and picked up some strategies to apply to my own decluttering routine.

Working - What do we do all day. The only one on the list that I haven't watched yet, but the title sounds interesting.

Little Women (Korean drama) - Best tv show I've watched in 2023. Suicide is a major theme. Explores emotions associated with money. Eclectic personalities. I've taken inspiration from certain scenes and applied it to my own life.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Episode 3 so far, I think visually it’s amazing and a great sound track but the story itself leaves a lot more to be desired. The Weeknd is a bit goofy.
Yeah totally agree. I've finished the full thing now, and I really like the cinematography and editing, but the story, dialogue, etc is GARBAGE.

Still enjoyed it though.

Baneofthegame

Wife has forced me to watch the first two episodes. Absolute biggest pile of piss I've had the displeasure of watching in years.

HBO should be embarrassed.
Me and the wife watched the last two episodes last night, thought it was garbage overall.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I like it, pretty engaging. Not a prototypical hijack show, it has some cute little twists to it to make it enjoyable.
How'd they end the 3rd episode like that though... Feck sake. S3spoilers: Seems like the hijackers are being put up to it by a third party. Little ridiculous the boyfriend uncovered the hijackers before the anti terrorism unit. Enjoying it otherwise tho!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah totally agree. I've finished the full thing now, and I really like the cinematography and editing, but the story, dialogue, etc is GARBAGE.

Still enjoyed it though.
Mainly watched it because I'm seeing The Weeknd on Saturday. But the last 2 episodes were really entertaining for me contrary to the reviews.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I also watched the show recently. The first season can be hard viewing, it was excellent throughout though and finished well.
I was the other way round and liked it less as it went on. I found the final season watchable but a bit meh.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Currently watching The Diplomat. Very good. Although not credible, it is still very engaging.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just noticed that S3 of War of The Worlds dropped last year. I've watched the first 3 episodes of S3 and I'm still not convinced. Good enough to keep watching but not totally satisfying either.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If you liked Sarah Lancashire in Happy Valley then try Last Tango in Halifax - that's really good IMO as well

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Wondering when Tokyo Vice season 2 will air, I was looking for some info and it seems like there's nothing out there. The fact Eggort and Watanabe are quite famous probably makes the filming complicated though. Really enjoyed the first season of that.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Wondering when Tokyo Vice season 2 will air, I was looking for some info and it seems like there's nothing out there. The fact Eggort and Watanabe are quite famous probably makes the filming complicated though. Really enjoyed the first season of that.
I enjoyed it far more than I expected and I'll be watching for season 2. The interwebs say filming started late in 22 and is expected to be released in autumn 23 but I guess you saw that. So hopefully not long.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Yeah Tokyo Vice was great, that and Severance are the two from last year I'm still waiting on a new season from.

Feels like shows take forever to release a second season these days, gone are the yearly releases :(

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I enjoyed it far more than I expected ted and I'll be watching for season 2. The interwebs say filming started late in 22 and is expected to be released in autumn 23 but I guess you saw that. So hopefully not long.
Would be a perfect little autumn fix. It was a nice show, overall tidy writing and really made you feel like you were in 1990s Tokyo. The cast was very too in general.

Big Andy

Bloke
Just noticed that S3 of War of The Worlds dropped last year. I've watched the first 3 episodes of S3 and I'm still not convinced. Good enough to keep watching but not totally satisfying either.
I watched Season 1 and the reveal was shite, was S2 any better?

Big Andy

Bloke
Anyone watched Keep Breathing on Netflix? I like the genre of survival stuff, so would be right up my street, but I've read that it is intermingled with flashbacks about her love life, etc, and I can't be arsed with all that shite.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How'd they end the 3rd episode like that though... Feck sake. S3spoilers: Seems like the hijackers are being put up to it by a third party. Little ridiculous the boyfriend uncovered the hijackers before the anti terrorism unit. Enjoying it otherwise tho!
Interesting twist at the end.