Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ghost of Beirut -- interesting format. A mixture of real-life people (journo, ex-CIA officers etc) then a depiction of the real events, the clandestine actors on both sides of the ME equation.
Sounds intriguing. What platform is it on?

SirAnderson

Thanks to those who spoke about Happy Valley, great gem.
Lovely series, even though the characters can frustrated one at times.
Finished 2 seasons in a week, will be starting with season 3.
Only thing is you kinda know they will wrap it in a nice bow by the time you get to the finale, still the journey getting there is great and you grow with the characters.

Roosney

Blue Lights is a bit cheesy but let's see if it gets better. The writers just can't write a scene without a witty line or a cringe criminal character.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I cannot recommend The Idol as it is just bad in many ways but I also could not stop watching it and will finish the first season.

Herman Toothrot

Binged it all over Christmas. Can't wait for S4 later this year.
I started watching this last week and I'm on the last episode of season 3 already. SFX are a bit ropey and it's guilty of all the cheesy Ronald D Moore tropes, but compelling stuff and incredibly stressful to watch.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I started watching this last week and I'm on the last episode of season 3 already. SFX are a bit ropey and it's guilty of all the cheesy Ronald D Moore tropes, but compelling stuff and incredibly stressful to watch.
It's a quality show but I can't get over the fact that with the big time jumps the main characters are supposed to be in their 70's now but they still look around 40 I mean feck sake, Ed fought in the Korean war :lol:.

Herman Toothrot

It's a quality show but I can't get over the fact that with the big time jumps the main characters are supposed to be in their 70's now but they still look around 40 I mean feck sake, Ed fought in the Korean war :lol:.
Yeah it's a mixed bag on the ageing, I think Margo is done quite well, but none of them look like they're in their early seventies and the amount their offspring play starring roles is daft too. Putting a pin in that, it's very good. As I say, I've an hour to go before I'm up to speed, but I'm assuming there's another time jump to season four.... time to up the make-up budget or start casting new roles!

SirAnderson

Poker Face is very good.
For me, I finished it simply because I felt an obligation to see how it played out, but it got repetitively annoying and I literally could predict how every episode would pan out and it was a case of just seeing how they going to do it.

Really feel like they missed a trick with it, it could have been good, but it's like a 5 or 6/10. Decent to watch if you really don't have much else to watch.

SirAnderson

Is Silo any good?
I'm 6 episodes in and I've really enjoyed it. But I've stopped until the last 4 drops. I get the feeling there will be a lot of questions that will be left unanswered by the time season 1 ends, which will be really frustrating if it's the case, because what I'm enjoying about it, is seeing how it's unfolding.

pauldyson1uk

Quantum Leap 2022, Finished season 1 and I really enjoyed it, has a more serious feel than the original and with a sub plot running thought, the original never had that. most of the eps were good or very good,, last couple of eps were excellent. If you liked the original, you will like this. 7/10 score but with the last ep getting 10/10.

Spoony

The People's President
Finished first series of From. It's good, loads of questions but not many answers. It won't win ought for originality...however it keeps you entertained. No creepy monster sex yet though. Season 2 perhaps?

Roosney

Cannot recommend:
Blue Lights. Terrible characters and writing, just cringe worthy scene after scene.
Perry Mason s2. I thought season 1 was decent and then read good reviews on here about the second one but it was really disjointed and predictable.

pauldyson1uk

Cannot recommend:
Blue Lights. Terrible characters and writing, just cringe worthy scene after scene.
Perry Mason s2. I thought season 1 was decent and then read good reviews on here about the second one but it was really disjointed and predictable.
I thought Blue Lights was decent enough, I agree wth your comments for some, but a decent story line I though.
Perry Mason, original is brilliant, seemed too live off tinned Chili, I did not know there was a reboot .

Spoony

The People's President
Please tell me From won't carry on for 5 seasons whilst evolving into a soap opera. I'm on season 2. It's been renewed for another season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Fecking hell, not sure what nerve was just tweaked but episode 7, series 1 of Derek has just reduced me to tears that are totally unparalleled for a Saturday morning :lol:

Roosney

I thought Blue Lights was decent enough, I agree wth your comments for some, but a decent story line I though.
Perry Mason, original is brilliant, seemed too live off tinned Chili, I did not know there was a reboot .
I really tried to like Blue Lights, the premises were promising but had to stop at episode 4 or 5.