g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Friday Night Lights has got me invested.
Amazing show. Second season was a bit meh, but it rebounded. One of those shows where multiple episodes can make you laugh & cry.

Amazing soundtrack as well.
I remember binging this show maybe 10-11 years ago shortly after it finished its run and I ended up way more invested than I thought I would be. I did feel it didn't quite get into some of the topics of the original non-fiction book as much as it could have since the actual coaches of Odessa Permian HS in the early 90s were racist as feck but it doesn't too bad.

caid

So if I know nothing about League of Legends would I still find Arcane interesting if I liked Blue Eyed Samurai? I skipped it because it was based on that video game.
I knew nothing about the video game going in and thought it was great. Its probably one of the better things on there.
Think all of their anime has been really strong though. Feels like one of the things Netflix are doing really well. Watching Pluto at the moment and really enjoying it. Feel like I should have watched the original thing it was based on first maybe. Not too bad to pick up though. Watched another thing last year which was great called Monster, thats worth a watch too.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Murder at the End of the World has started well. Maybe a bit slow at times but could go somewhere interesting.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So if I know nothing about League of Legends would I still find Arcane interesting if I liked Blue Eyed Samurai? I skipped it because it was based on that video game.
Like @caid said, no background with the video game is required; it's entertaining as a standalone and beautiful to watch.

Definitely different vibes as far as animation goes, but between Scavengers Riegn and Blue Eyed Samuari and previous years releases like Arcane and Castlevania there's some good stuff around.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
About to finish Justified - City Primeval & thinking about starting Fargo. Worth it?
Fargo season 1 was great.

Season 2 was also good but dragged in bits (tbh it was the stellar cast that pulls it through).

I never got round to watching S3&4.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Just started Succession.

Does this get better? Someone recommended it but 4 episodes in I just don’t get it.

The Tom character is a fecking idiot - I just can’t work out the appeal of the show atm.
One of the best shows ever made

Eplel

Just finished the first two seasons of Slow Horses. Brilliant TV show, excellent production values, excellent actors. Gary Oldman shines.

Third season out on 29th of November I think.

Loon

:lol:
Just finished the first two seasons of Slow Horses. Brilliant TV show, excellent production values, excellent actors. Gary Oldman shines.

Third season out on 29th of November I think.
Loved it! Great show. Can't wait for the new one.

decorativeed

An alternative view for balance: You watch and stay with it for the cast and high production values, but the stories are very, very silly and not at all on a par with the film it's based on, and the dialogue tries, but is nowhere near as good as that.

decorativeed

Just started Succession.

Does this get better? Someone recommended it but 4 episodes in I just don’t get it.

The Tom character is a fecking idiot - I just can’t work out the appeal of the show atm.
I felt the same. I can tell it's good, I just don't know why I should care about any of the awful people in it.

Spoony

The People's President
I felt the same. I can tell it's good, I just don't know why I should care about any of the awful people in it.
I don't think you're meant to care about them. I couldn't finish Mad Men because of the nature of it characters but Succession was different, it didn't take itself seriously. Was more a kin to The Office.

decorativeed

I don't think you're meant to care about them. I couldn't finish Mad Men because of the nature of it characters but Succession was different, it didn't take itself seriously. Was more a kin to The Office.
You need to care enough to want to put on another episode, but I had to keep reminding myself to give it another go.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You need to care enough to want to put on another episode, but I had to keep reminding myself to give it another go.
Yeah and the office had an every man (Tim) at the centre of it you could root for. Succession was unique to me in that I didn't give a flying feck about any of them. I stopped watching for that reason.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Watching Bosch Legacy season 2, really enjoying it so far. It's funny, in S1 I preferred Maddie's storyline as a boot cop as opposed to what Bosch was doing with honey chandler. This season its the other way round :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Two episodes into Blue Eye Samurai. It's very good.

Netflix have some top notch animated stuff but I feel like their live action stuff has massively dropped in quality.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah and the office had an every man (Tim) at the centre of it you could root for. Succession was unique to me in that I didn't give a flying feck about any of them. I stopped watching for that reason.
I found that more when I tried to watch Gomorrah but in Succession you do end up liking them in a weird way. Mainly because they’re all funny in their own way. It’s like watching a dark humour car crash in that respect. I think episode 6 is where it really clicks for most but some don’t make it that far.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I found that more when I tried to watch Gomorrah but in Succession you do end up liking them in a weird way. Mainly because they’re all funny in their own way. It’s like watching a dark humour car crash in that respect. I think episode 6 is where it really clicks for most but some don’t make it that far.
Gomorrah was weird/good in that I found myself rooting for someone straight away only to realise, a few episodes in, that he was a dick but I was already hooked by then. Plus there were subplots involving new characters I could care about at that point (the kids) Man that was such a good show.

Roosney

Just started Succession.

The family dynamics is the thing there I guess. Seasons 1-2 are great but then it gets repetitive and silly. Struggling to finish the series.

Fargo season 1 was great.

Season 2 was also good but dragged in bits (tbh it was the stellar cast that pulls it through).

I never got round to watching S3&4.
I could have written this. But I think I didn't get through season two.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Nearly finished Rabbit Hole, decent so far.

Also watching Mayor of Kingstown, about half way through first season. Been decent so far but hoping the storylines develop further as it goes on.
I really wanted to like it as I've heard many good things but I found it a bit too dark and depressing, I gave up after episode 3. I'm wondering if I should give it another go?

68cob

I liked it very much but thought that last series was nowhere near as good as what came before.
I've been binging on it recently and started finding season 5 to be hard work with lingering scenes and characters taking too much time to say very little - there's probably a term for this, like filler. I'm on the first episode of season 6 and it is torture!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The new Godzilla/Monarch TV show on Apple TV+ has had some great reviews, stars Kurt Russel and his son Wyatt. Flown under the radar a little bit.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Finished blue eyed samurai on Netflix, one of the best shows I've watched this year and I would highly recommend.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The first season is excellent and the last few episodes really kick it up a notch. Second is disappointing. I’ve heard the third is a bit better again then.
I'm very disappointed by the show. I'm finishing up season 2, and it's been incredibly poor. Even season 1 is rather underwhelming after a good start, I felt. It takes a difficult topic and says absolutely nothing about it, just peddling some soap-worthy drama with 2 dimensional characters. Some of the writing is brutal.

Conor

I just started watching Bosch, seems like a decent 6-7/10 show, and has 7 seasons, should keep me occupied for a while.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The new Godzilla/Monarch TV show on Apple TV+ has had some great reviews, stars Kurt Russel and his son Wyatt. Flown under the radar a little bit.
Its uncanny how similar Kurt and Wyatt are. Its a pretty generic show really, nothing amazing but certainly watchable. Currently 3 episodes aired.

I'm watching 1883 and FROM. Both very different but interesting shows.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's okay, gets rated higher than that in here by many, but shouldn't.
It's a peculiar show. It's just a decent cop show but I enjoy it a lot when I could've spent time watching other shows that are considered better.

Same with Bosch himself, he is very tryhard cool with his threats, love of jazz and those steely blues but yeah, I still think he's cool.

God, I dread to think I'm already one of those oldies who watch their procedural cop shows on auto pilot...