Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

wr8_utd

:'(
Started watching Colin from Accounts because of the recommendation on the last page and it's very good so far. All the Aussie reccos on here have been fantastic.

wr8_utd

Does anyone have any Aussie show recommendations? I've seen Mr Inbetween, which was obviously fantastic. Also seen Rake, Upright and Colin from Accounts.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Having completed The Fall of the House of Usher (okay all in all, but nothing groundbreaking) we're rewatching The Haunting of Hill House. Still the best of the Flanagan series, most scary (by far) but also most touching in my opinion.

wr8_utd

Finished watching This Is Going to Hurt - a British show revolving around a doctor and how he balances work and his private/love life. Thought it was excellent although I wish there was a second season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The fall of the house of usher is brilliant. Episodes maybe a bit too long, but still really good.

Mike Flanagan now has gone to Amazon and wants to do a dark tower series.

decorativeed

Watched Season 1 of ”Our Flag Means Death” from the creators of “What we Do In The Shadows” and I loved it. Thought it was really excellent.
Does it significantly improve after the first episode? Because I like the other stuff those guys do, but I found that first one to be very underwhelming and never put on a second episode.

Ollie Derbyshire

Does it significantly improve after the first episode? Because I like the other stuff those guys do, but I found that first one to be very underwhelming and never put on a second episode.
Yeah I thought it improved a lot as it went on, I remember thinking episode 1 was ok but stuck with it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Watching 1883 at the moment, two episodes in and enjoying it. No idea how historically correct it is mind, but interesting show. Don't really know much about that time period in the States.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Finished Full Circle on HBO from Steven Soderbergh. I loved it myself. It had a lot going on and I enjoyed the 6 episode journey.

Not sure if I loved the ending in episode 6 as much as the lead-up. Maybe it was a little quick and neat in some ways, similar to how I felt about the ending of The English. I think both could have finished a little better but still enjoyed the journeys a lot.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Just finished "All the light we cannot see." Blown away by it. I haven't read the book, but will do so now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Finished Full Circle on HBO from Steven Soderbergh. I loved it myself. It had a lot going on and I enjoyed the 6 episode journey.

Not sure if I loved the ending in episode 6 as much as the lead-up. Maybe it was a little quick and neat in some ways, similar to how I felt about the ending of The English. I think both could have finished a little better but still enjoyed the journeys a lot.
Good little show.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Watched it last year and thought it was excellent, just noticed season 2 was released last Wednesday, will defo be giving that a watch!
Dark Winds

I enjoyed it and I just have the last episode of series 2 to go. It has been renewed for a third season.

Gazautd18

I know it's been out for a while but someone recommended the Morning Show to me. Is it really any good?
Just starting watching this.
Didn't think I would like it but vey binge worthy.
Apparently costs 15 mil per episode to make?
Very good.

wr8_utd

Just starting watching this.
Didn't think I would like it but vey binge worthy.
Apparently costs 15 mil per episode to make?
Very good.
Given the star cast Invovled, if doesn't completely surprise me.

I'd started this show but never got around going beyond 3 episodes. Think I'll give it another shot.

kclord

Finished up Scavengers Reign on HBO Max yesterday. Beautifully animated science-fiction. Episodes are less than 30 minutes too which is a plus. 12 episodes total.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'm working through the second season of The Bear and, well, it's shit.

I enjoyed the first season, but the second season is just jumping all over the place with the only consistencies being people shouting at each other really fast.

Seems to have disappeared up it's own arse 6 episodes in.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am three episodes into Bodies on netflix and so far really good. Episodes fly by. Maybe the cinematography could be better in certain scenes. But still really good.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Finished up Scavengers Reign on HBO Max yesterday. Beautifully animated science-fiction. Episodes are less than 30 minutes too which is a plus. 12 episodes total.

Stumbled upon this in my feed without having heard of it, and was very pleasantly surprised. It's like a creative team grew up watching Studio Ghibli and wanted to make a sci-fi and it ends up working wonderfully.

That might end up catering to a small audience, but I hope it does well enough.

kclord

Stumbled upon this in my feed without having heard of it, and was very pleasantly surprised. It's like a creative team grew up watching Studio Ghibli and wanted to make a sci-fi and it ends up working wonderfully.

That might end up catering to a small audience, but I hope it does well enough.
Yes, it's a niche. Glad to see glowing reviews and a writeup in the NYT. Does remind me of Nausicaa quite a bit.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Been waiting for this to release. Something I used to be familiar with.