g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Currently watching ‘American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson’ and it’s just so entertaining. Great cast and the absurdity of it all makes it enthralling viewing.

Failing that, ‘This Is Us’ or ‘The West Wing.’
The ACS on the Clinton Lewinsky affair is also very good.

Bobski

Just finished Arcane on Netflix, what a surprisingly excellent show, love the animation style with its take on a steam punk aesthetic, and the character work and voice acting is impressive. Genuinely one of the best things on Netflix.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished Arcane on Netflix, what a surprisingly excellent show, love the animation style with its take on a steam punk aesthetic, and the character work and voice acting is impressive. Genuinely one of the best things on Netflix.
New season soon I think. Though it's one of those shows where I've forgotten every single detail about it.

cafecillos

Currently watching The Diplomat. Very good. Although not credible, it is still very engaging.
Just finished it, I really enjoyed. It most likely isn't a documentary about diplomacy, but as entertaining fiction I think it works. I also think Keri Russell is absolutely fantastic, what an actor. Rufus Sewell is also great, well, most of the cast is actually brilliant. I've been thinking lately that the level of tv acting is through the roof in the the last few years, at least in many of the shows I watch. Is it just recency bias?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just finished it, I really enjoyed. It most likely isn't a documentary about diplomacy, but as entertaining fiction I think it works. I also think Keri Russell is absolutely fantastic, what an actor. Rufus Sewell is also great, well, most of the cast is actually brilliant. I've been thinking lately that the level of tv acting is through the roof in the the last few years, at least in many of the shows I watch. Is it just recency bias?
There is just so many shows available now, that eventually the jackpot is won so to speak.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Almost finished Poker Face. Fun show, an easy watch. Had read about the Columbo comparisons and it's definitely apt. It feels like she's just an impression of him at some points.

Outstanding show. Had zero interest in League of Legends, and still don't, but the show, characters and world are great.

Roosney

Dear Child / Liebes Kind on Netflix.
Thriller / mystery miniseries, recommend highly.
A woman and her young daughter escape from a basement "home" they've been captivated in for a long time.

Starts really strong, stays good but the last episode is kind of out of place, not too bad really but doesn't follow the vibe of the show at all. And the ending after the ending is overly cheesy.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The new Interview with the Vampire adaptation looks good, starts on the BBC tomorrow but aired in the US last year and got stellar reviews.

Bobski

Outstanding show. Had zero interest in League of Legends, and still don't, but the show, characters and world are great.
Same, never played the game, no interest in it, but the character work is genuinely phenomenal in this, done with such care and attention, putting so many other shows to shame.

Roosney

Seven seconds
A decent yet indifferent drama series about a hit'n'run, racial tensions and crooked New Jersey cops. On Netflix.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Gonna watch this today...

And of course they had to disable the comments. I would have liked to see what the mouth breathers came up with.

nimic

something nice
Scout
You're not wrong. The last decade has seen a very high density of quality TV. TV is not necessarily any longer seen as inherently inferior to movies, and there are many more cases of "film actors" going back to starring in TV shows.

The acting is one thing, more money and higher production values is another, but the writing has also improved. Not every TV series has to have 20 episodes per season and go on forever, and avoid a clear season or series long plot line like the plague to cater to TV viewers who didn't watch the last episodes. Shows that didn't operate like that always existed, obviously (The Wire started airing over 20 years ago now, and Band of Brothers is even older), but it's more common these days.

Ahmer Baig

Just finished watching Superstore. One of the best finale of any tv shows. This is how you end tv series. Great fun comedy show that resonates with most of the middle class working people.

Alek M

Da manic one
Ghosts of Beirut was excellent recommendation! Thanks guys. Reminded me a bit about the show The Spy with Sasha Baron Coen. The Spy was better.

The Purley King

Just finished watching Superstore. One of the best finale of any tv shows. This is how you end tv series. Great fun comedy show that resonates with most of the middle class working people.
I’m currently rewatching that from the beginning.
Absolutely loved it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Watching Shadow & Bone on Netflix at the moment and enjoying it.

I read Six of Crows years ago didn't realise they were related.

wr8_utd

:'(
Anyone watched the Koreans series 'Bargain'? Vaguely remember reading a review somewhere calling it a better/more addictive Squid Games.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I liked it very much but thought that last series was nowhere near as good as what came before.
Slowed down a bit at the end but the quality was still there in my opinion.

The ending was well done too. Really good show and now since I finished it (like 2 weeks ago), things are not the same anymore. I've been having trouble getting to sleep early. Need to find something good to watch soon. (started Justified but after 3-4 episodes not sure I'll keep going. Might have to power through)

Loon

:lol:
Coogan is amazing in THE RECKONING and THE LONG SHADOW if you'd rather try excellent domestic product for a change.

justsomebloke

Just got through the (so far) only season of an Australian series called "Colin from Accounts". Light feelgood stuff, but very well done. You get invested in the characters. (None of whom is an accountant by the way, Colin is a dog).

Ollie Derbyshire

Watched Season 1 of ”Our Flag Means Death” from the creators of “What we Do In The Shadows” and I loved it. Thought it was really excellent.

Maroon Lucifer

Coogan is amazing in THE RECKONING and THE LONG SHADOW if you'd rather try excellent domestic product for a change.
I've almost finished The Long Shadow. A very good show... however it's infuriating because of the incompetence of your police. "did he have a Geordie accent?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Enjoyed The Devil's Plan on Netflix. Korean reality show where 10 people are locked in a room and have to solve games, alternating playing against each other and with each other.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just got through the (so far) only season of an Australian series called "Colin from Accounts". Light feelgood stuff, but very well done. You get invested in the characters. (None of whom is an accountant by the way, Colin is a dog).
Started watching this a week ago. It’s good. Very funny. Great characters. The creepy step dad talking about Snapchat had me in stitches.

Old Ma Crow

The Continental(Prime) was a nice John Wick boost, Ragnarok(Netflix) a cool modern Norwegian 3 season series and so far Red Election(Disney) is decent UK political/spy series.