Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Alek M

Da manic one
The Days on Netflix about Fukushima. Love these types of shows. But they get so drawn out and overly dramatized. The Chernobyl one was much better?
Btw did the russian version of Chernobyl get released?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Has there ever been a more lame beginning to a show than in Lincoln Lawyer, where the guy is on the phone to his ex-wife and then they hang up and it flashes up 'First wife' on his phone and he starts talking to a different woman?
Why is that lame when he is talking to his second ex-wife, hangs up and is called by his first ex-wife?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Late to the game on this but binge watching Jack Ryan. I was a big fan of the Tom Clancy books and I like how they have made the themes and characters from those 80s and 90s books contemporary. On Season 3 which is OK so far, Season 1 & 2 were excellent.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I know I'm behind, but just watched The Dropout starring Amanda Seyfried. Really liked it!

Also watching The Clearing and Under the Banner of Heaven on Disney. If you like a bit of psycho thriller.
Under the Banner of Heaven was one of the best shows I have watched in years. Garfield is outstanding.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watching two shows at the moment.

Bosch: Legacy. Watched all the original and this is more of the same but with more focus on his daughter. Bosch shouldn't work really, it's a very try-hard "cool" character. Jazz listening stoic private eye but it does work. Good show.

One Piece. I'm a bit surface level with anime, I think I've only watched Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist and Evangelion properly so I have no clue about the original One Piece other than it's supposed to be a ridiculously long series. Strange tone to the show though, chipper characters and dialogue that make you think it's designed for kids a bit but then there's also plenty of swearing and a fair amount of blood. It's fun though, an easy watch.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
But it's a silly way to show the viewer who he's talking to. No sane person would really have their contacts in their phone be "First Wife", "Second Wife", and "Current Wife".
You haven't seen the naming convention in my phone contacts then :angel:

I have no ex-wifes but ....

My Mum (who is now dead, but was very self-centred) was "What about me, it isn't fair" (with the song as a ring tone) and someone who I had to interact with but despised (now blocked now that I don't) was " There is no cure for being a cnut". And there is no censorship function on my phone so it didn't say cnut.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
One Piece. I'm a bit surface level with anime, I think I've only watched Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist and Evangelion properly so I have no clue about the original One Piece other than it's supposed to be a ridiculously long series. Strange tone to the show though, chipper characters and dialogue that make you think it's designed for kids a bit but then there's also plenty of swearing and a fair amount of blood. It's fun though, an easy watch.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-piece-netflix-viewers-rankings-b2404925.html

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Are you watching it for the first time? Very jelly if so.
Yep, first time. Currently in season 4. So happy I gave it a go.

Everything about it is so good. The acting, characters, the photography, the soundtrack, the storylines, the details, etc.

Ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a better way, for me...

Golden Nugget

One Piece is very good - really had my doubts about it given most anime adaptations (especially done by Netflix) are horrid - but this was surprisingly good.

Swordsman

Watching two shows at the moment.

Bosch: Legacy. Watched all the original and this is more of the same but with more focus on his daughter. Bosch shouldn't work really, it's a very try-hard "cool" character. Jazz listening stoic private eye but it does work. Good show.

they totally changed some of the minor character's look.. they thought no one will notice..

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The Days on Netflix about Fukushima. Love these types of shows. But they get so drawn out and overly dramatized. The Chernobyl one was much better?
Btw did the russian version of Chernobyl get released?
Yea i was really excited about this but got bored by it. Didnt watch the last episode.

Critics were saying they were trying to include every single thing that happened at fukushima, when really they should have changed it around.

Yea chernobyl much better.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
so what's the difference between chef and cook ? everyone is chef inside restaurant kitchen ?
Some places (like The French Laundry) calls the entire cooking staff 'chef.' I have never worked in such an environment personally, I'd find it odd.

Often times, the head chef is on the expo line & they are the point of contact in the kitchen with the front of the house, so 'chef' is heard a lot.

I've worked at a Michelin starred restaurant where the term 'chef' was used only with the actual head chef, everyone else below them was called their own name. Kind of a respect thing.

Swordsman

Some places (like The French Laundry) calls the entire cooking staff 'chef.' I have never worked in such an environment personally, I'd find it odd.

Often times, the head chef is on the expo line & they are the point of contact in the kitchen with the front of the house, so 'chef' is heard a lot.

I've worked at a Michelin starred restaurant where the term 'chef' was used only with the actual head chef, everyone else below them was called their own name. Kind of a respect thing.
chef de cuisine
sous chef
butcher chef
fish chef
fry chef
grill chef
pantry chef
pastry chef
meat chef
sauce chef
vegetable chef
commis chef

a hell lot of chef.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
chef de cuisine
sous chef
butcher chef
fish chef
fry chef
grill chef
pantry chef
pastry chef
meat chef
sauce chef
vegetable chef
commis chef

a hell lot of chef.
It's when line cooks & pantry staff get called 'chef' where it gets kind of kooky.

peridigm

I'm almost finished S1 of The Man in the High Castle. Not like anything I've traditional watched. It's slow at times but has a good plot and characters. We're enjoying it so far.

Tarrou

Alone (uk) on channel 4 is a pretty good survival tv show. The best since the early seasons of bear grylls the island.
one of my favourite shows, it's brilliant

I haven't seen the UK one but I've seen seven seasons of the US one, and the Aussie season they did