Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I watched both series. Season 2 is slightly different in that you don't get drunk version debating with sober version. Other than that, there is a similar feel to it in terms of confusion as to quite what is going on/uncertainty over who committed the crime.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
are people enjoying the new season of True Detective?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
are people enjoying the new season of True Detective?
I’ve enjoyed the first two episodes. As long as you’re not expecting it to be on the level of the first series. It’s a cool setting and has a bit of a The Thing vibe going on.

Ahmer Baig

One of the rare series that my wife watched that actually got me interested too.
It was over too soon and she's back on Grey's Anatomy
Didnt realize people still watch Grey's Anatomy. I stopped watching after season 5 or 6.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Season 5 of Fargo was incredible. That closing scene was absolutely perfect.
Agreed. Loved it and season 5 has been a huge improvement over recent seasons (not that they were terrible). Juno Temple revealed acting depths you might not suspect from watching Ted Lasso (although she was great in that as well)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
"FROM" might be the best TV show I'd never heard of a week ago.

Starting season 2 now, early the best horror TV show since Hill House

caid

What other decent horror shows have there been after Hill House? Midnight Mass I suppose by that wasn't really a horror in my book.
It might be by virtue of their not being many other horror shows since, particularly when Midnight Mass doesn't count. But it wasn't particularly good.
It was kind of interesting and fairly enjoyable but the acting was mediocre at best. Has that lost vibe where it feels like they're making it up as they go and have no overarching idea as to what it means or represents.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another great Australian show (or seems so after the first 2 episodes) is Boy Swallows Universe.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Sexy Beast the prequel just came out on Paramount and Showtime. Don Logan and crew are in it . Hopefully it comes a little close to the movie.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Let me know what you think - I don't know anyone thats watched it, so would be good to know if it's not just me!
I am on episode 5 and enjoying it so far. Quite creepy and mysterious so pretty much something I will stick with. Hopefully we get some answers on the monsters and the town and it doesn’t just meander on for season after season like The Walking Dead.

Mike Smalling

I know I'm late to the party, but since I signed up for HBO to watch the new True Detective season, I decided to also give The Last of Us a go. So far, I'm about half-way through and really enjoying it. It has a nice story and characters, and the production value is what you would expect from HBO. Pedro Pascal puts in a really good performance too. In some ways it's your typical zombie apocalypse story, but the emotional depth elevates it beyond that - that third episode in particular kind of blew me away.

I'd recommend it to anyone that isn't put off by the zombie genre.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I just binged Loudermilk. Had really low expectations. Season 1 was good, but seasons 2 and 3 were just fecking brilliant. What a fecking show. So so good. Both hilariously funny and at times heartbreaking. One of the better shows I’ve seen in a while. Hoping to high heaven it gets picked up by Netflix for two more seasons as has been mooted.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Season 5 of Fargo was incredible. That closing scene was absolutely perfect.
Just finished this myself and agree 100%. It was better than I was expecting and it finished very strong. Great season.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Watching From now. Just finished season 1. Good show. Really creepy. Well done and enjoying it very much so far.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First of Apple TV's sci-fi smorgasbord is finished with Silo. Second half of the season wasn't quite as good as the first half but still a good show. Intriguing ending.

4 episodes into For All Mankind now. Really like it so far. Although so far it seems to be more drama with a dash of sci-fi but I don't mind that.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
First of Apple TV's sci-fi smorgasbord is finished with Silo. Second half of the season wasn't quite as good as the first half but still a good show. Intriguing ending.

4 episodes into For All Mankind now. Really like it so far. Although so far it seems to be more drama with a dash of sci-fi but I don't mind that.
I honestly don't know what to continue with. I started Foundation and For All Mankind (2 episodes each), but Silo intrigues me too - if only for having the hots for Rebecca Ferguson :nervous:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

For All Mankind gets better and better, Not seen Silo.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
For All Mankind has a brilliant premise but as the episodes and seasons go it gets too much personal and dramatic for my taste..i mean i get that the personal life and family drama of the astronauts is major part of the story as a whole but i like to see more the bigger picture,the big events so to say..overall its a great watch

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I just binged Loudermilk. Had really low expectations. Season 1 was good, but seasons 2 and 3 were just fecking brilliant. What a fecking show. So so good. Both hilariously funny and at times heartbreaking. One of the better shows I’ve seen in a while. Hoping to high heaven it gets picked up by Netflix for two more seasons as has been mooted.
I came on here specifically to ask for opinions on Loudermilk as I'm 6 episodes into the first season and finding it reasonably enjoyable (better than most comedy series I've seen come out over the past few years), albeit it's not a proper 'laugh out loud' comedy. The premise is interesting and the main character seems well-scripted, so I'm going to persue it a little longer. Glad to hear it picks up in seasons 2 and 3!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I came on here specifically to ask for opinions on Loudermilk as I'm 6 episodes into the first season and finding it reasonably enjoyable (better than most comedy series I've seen come out over the past few years), albeit it's not a proper 'laugh out loud' comedy. The premise is interesting and the main character seems well-scripted, so I'm going to persue it a little longer. Glad to hear it picks up in seasons 2 and 3!
Season 1 was exactly as you describe. I liked it but didn’t love it. I found it a bit depressing to be honest, and not in a moving way. Just in a downer kind of way. But season 2 and 3 are really superb. The little one liners and some of the interactions are genuinely hilarious, and it really gains some heart. The cast switches up a bit, only a bit, but I think that helps a lot too.

Roosney

Blue Eye Samurai was quite good, I don't really watch anime at all but this was "western" enough for me.

Watched 1st ep of The Patient on Disney+, seemed decent enough to keep watching. Hope they don't go too light and quirky, a bit more grimness and tension would do wonders for it.
Also Michael Scott as the lead actor isn't helping.