Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Castia

I started 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' and I'm really enjoying it so far. I just started season 4, only another 5 to go before I'm up to date!

bleedred

I finished the whole thing this week. It really was great. It's hard to explain why though?

I watched season 1 and thought it was good, but didn't understand why it was rated so highly but whatever it was hit me in season 2 and got me hooked. Ari Gold has got to be one of the best characters to have been on television.
Was surprised he didnt get in on our 100 greatest characters poll.

SirAF

Ageist
House - although I'm certain it has been recommended several times here already. I've just started on season 7 :drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
House - although I'm certain it has been recommended several times here already. I've just started on season 7 :drool:
We started this again from the beginning not long ago, now just past halfway into S7 too.

There's a definite drop off in these later seasons, and it's very formulaic, but definitely still entertaining.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Re-watching Arrested Development at the moment as Ms. Croque hadn't seen it, season 1 isn't quite as good as I remember (still much better than average and very funny), but I seem to recall it really hitting top gear in season 2.

SirAF

Ageist
We started this again from the beginning not long ago, now just past halfway into S7 too.

There's a definite drop off in these later seasons, and it's very formulaic, but definitely still entertaining.
Oh yes, great entertainment. The cases etc might be a bit formulaic but what I really love is the relationships and developments between the characters.

The finale of season 5 almost had me in tears :lol:

When House realized that he had been hallucinating and was still on Vicodin

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Re-watching Arrested Development at the moment as Ms. Croque hadn't seen it, season 1 isn't quite as good as I remember (still much better than average and very funny), but I seem to recall it really hitting top gear in season 2.
I have always had them down as par personally and then it drops of in season 3 despite still being excellent.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh yes, great entertainment. The cases etc might be a bit formulaic but what I really love is the relationships and developments between the characters.

The finale of season 5 almost had me in tears :lol:

When House realized that he had been hallucinating and was still on Vicodin
Yea his hallucinations were pretty weird.

Made me laugh seeing the captain from Brooklyn Nine Nine as his therapist as well.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If you like prison dramas then check out OZ. An absolutely fantastic series.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
If you like prison dramas then check out OZ. An absolutely fantastic series.
I watched the first season and I didn't like it enough to keep watching.. Stuck on Season two of Deadwood and still want to watch Six feet under at some point.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Curb your enthusiasm was fantastic. I went backed and watched the first three seasons again. I couldn't stop laughing especially episodes with Richard Lewis.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Someone give me something easy and brainless to watch..

Archer, Suits, Spaced, Office (both), Extras, Alan Partridge, Parks and Recreation, Rick & Morty, Futurama, Peep Show, Arrested Development, Californication, Entourage, Simpsons, South Park, IT crowd, Scrubs..

I've (re)watched all of these in fairly recent times, anyone got any other recommendations? Doesn't have to be incredibly fun if it's a good easy watch (like Entourage or Californication).

binary bot

Archer, Suits, Spaced, Office (both), Extras, Alan Partridge, Parks and Recreation, Rick & Morty, Futurama, Peep Show, Arrested Development, Californication, Entourage, Simpsons, South Park, IT crowd, Scrubs..

I've (re)watched all of these in fairly recent times, anyone got any other recommendations? Doesn't have to be incredibly fun if it's a good easy watch (like Entourage or Californication).
Prison break?:nervous:

Alock1

feck Prison Break. Though, the first season isn't a bad mindless watch you're right.

Could do Black Sails, wasn't really what I had in mind though. Something under 30 minutes per episode would be preferable.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

The Thick of It
Trailer Park Boys
Party Down

Alock1

Seen The Thick of It but could watch it again. Trailer Park Boys I thought was shockingly bad, and I know a lot of people here highly rate it, so perhaps I just need to give it another go.

I've seen some of Party Down and it did seem pretty good, and I like Ben from Parks & Rec. How many of them is there? Cause it got canceled early on right?

Will download it now anyway.

Ibi Dreams

I've been watching Veronica Mars recently and it's way better than I thought it would be. It certainly won't be for everyone but if you're like me and you like high school settings it's better than almost everything else out there. Really reminds me of Buffy in that it has genuinely good characters, smart writing and a mysterious plot that becomes extremely engaging

Ibi Dreams

Seen The Thick of It but could watch it again. Trailer Park Boys I thought was shockingly bad, and I know a lot of people here highly rate it, so perhaps I just need to give it another go.

I've seen some of Party Down and it did seem pretty good, and I like Ben from Parks & Rec. How many of them is there? Cause it got canceled early on right?

Will download it now anyway.
Two quite short seasons, certainly worth a watch as it's a pretty nice comedy and you can get through it quickly

as an aside, four of the actors in Party Down have appeared in the first season of Veronica Mars which I just made a post about!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

The Walking Dead. Lot of brainless people on that show....Literally.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Broad City
Louie
Drunk History

Alock1

Has anybody watched the pilots for Outlander or The Knicks yet? Both seem to be getting some rave reviews, gonna check them out in the next few days.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Just started Battlestar Galactica after it had been strongly recommended by a couple of friends. I watched the 3 hour pilot and am already hooked, just started watching the actual season 1 this morning with the first episode. There's a couple of cheesy moments (in the pilot, the moment where the president talks to the little girl and what happens afterwards is cringeworthy) but overall it's really good and I feel like I'm going to enjoy it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's always sunny in Philadelphia is up there with arrested development IMO, really funny. Workaholics is really good too.

Alock1

I liked season 1 of Workaholics but thought it was just decent and nothing more, never been sure whether to jump into season 2 or not. I watched about 4 seasons of It's Always Sunny and got a little tired of it. It was good but I don't feel a need to go back and watch more, felt like I was done with the series.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Just started Battlestar Galactica after it had been strongly recommended by a couple of friends. I watched the 3 hour pilot and am already hooked, just started watching the actual season 1 this morning with the first episode. There's a couple of cheesy moments (in the pilot, the moment where the president talks to the little girl and what happens afterwards is cringeworthy) but overall it's really good and I feel like I'm going to enjoy it.
One and a half season of it was really good. I almost hate the rest.

Skills

Snitch

House MD. Better version of Suits (kinda).

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
No. I enjoyed almost all of it. I've only watched it all the way through once though, waiting for the next episode was horrible when it was still being aired. :(
I've quit after third season, only couple of months ago have I finally finished it. Have to do the same for Lost one day....one far away day...