Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

predator

Youth NITK
Ok so I have finished suits season 2 and season 3 is not on Netflix which is irritating.
So I need to move onto another series as I have seriously become a fan of them lately. Having watched all of breaking bad and suits season 2 I am looking at the following to watch next. Its between...
House of cards
Homeland
Utopia
Orange is the new black
Prison break
Luther.

Anyone got any reviews/suggestions?

Skills

Snitch
Prison Break's good fun for the first two seasons. A bit meh after that.

bucky

Ok so I have finished suits season 2 and season 3 is not on Netflix which is irritating.
So I need to move onto another series as I have seriously become a fan of them lately. Having watched all of breaking bad and suits season 2 I am looking at the following to watch next. Its between...
House of cards
Homeland
Utopia
Orange is the new black
Prison break
Luther.

Anyone got any reviews/suggestions?
I personally love Luther, in my eyes the character is great and it's not your usual crime show. House of Cards is good as well, the first season is better than the second. Homeland's first season is great, the other seasons I didn't like as much. If I had to give it in order of preference, then something like this:

1 Luther
2 House of Cards
3 Orange is the new black
4 Homeland

Kallech33

My happy place. Where I kill more than time.
Rectify
Daniel Holden was on death row for 19 years after he confessed to raping and killing his girlfried when he was 17 (or 18? I'm not 100% sure).
His family, especially his younger sister (Scottie from Suits), never believed that he did it and fought for him. Sperm samples call his conviction into question after it was confirmed that it's not Daniel's DNA. The conviction is overturned and he's allowed to return home to his family until his case goes to retrial.

The show focuses on his struggle with life outside of prison with his family and the people in town.

Season 1: 90% on rotten tomaoes and a 82 score on metacritic.
Season 2: 95% and a 92 score on metracritic.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Been watching The Fall (Netflix). Decent enough psych-crime drama, and Gillian Anderson has aged well. I really need a murder-mystery though to tide me over until the next True Detective...

Anyone any opinions on Silicon Valley?
I enjoyed it, kind of on an Entourage level

Scrumpet

There are no words
Been watching The Fall (Netflix). Decent enough psych-crime drama, and Gillian Anderson has aged well. I really need a murder-mystery though to tide me over until the next True Detective...

I enjoyed it, kind of on an Entourage level
You should try The Bridge or Broadchurch if you haven't already seen them.

Loublaze

ATLien
Grand Hotel. Its a Spanish period suspense show. Very well acted and very well wrote. If you can handle subtitles that is. Its on Netflix.

Trailer has no subtitles but its about a young man who is in search of his missing sister who worked as a maid at the Grand Hotel.

walsh

Try Fordrydelsen (The Killing) which is the original Danish version that was adapted to an American show. I've only watched season 1 so far but it was very good indeed. It's also on Netflix.

Ivor Ballokov

Isn't outlander for the girlies?

Married is quite decent if anybody is looking for a new comedy. And I'm still championing Nathan for You too, it's really brilliant.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've been meaning to give The Outlander a look too.

Also The Knicks.

Let us know what you think

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You should try The Bridge or Broadchurch if you haven't already seen them.
Try Fordrydelsen (The Killing) which is the original Danish version that was adapted to an American show. I've only watched season 1 so far but it was very good indeed. It's also on Netflix.
Thanks for the recs. I've only seen the American version of The Killing.

Added Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren and Luther with 'Stringer Bell' to the queue. I'll check those above out too...

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Only shows that I've been currently watching are Hard Knocks on HBO and Bachelor in Paradise on ABC. Not sure if either are aired in the UK. Hard Knocks is an all-access, uncensored documentary that follows the preseason of an NFL team (this year it's the Atlanta Falcons) and Bachelor in Paradise is a elimination-style reality dating show. I find both quite entertaining. Hard Knocks is very well produced and even non-NFL fans can enjoy. Bachelor in Paradise might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I'll always have time for hot sluts in bikinis causing drama. Good summer viewing.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I have seen Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, OZ, The Shield, Prison Break, Homeland, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Deadwood, Spartacus, (Dexter till season 4).

Anything i have missed that is a classic? Looking for something to watch for a few weeks.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I have seen Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, OZ, The Shield, Prison Break, Homeland, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Deadwood, Spartacus, (Dexter till season 4).

Anything i have missed that is a classic? Looking for something to watch for a few weeks.
Entourage maybe.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Mad Men, Rome, Twin Peaks.

Tarrou

Rectify is pretty good. It's not a classic by any stretch, but it's a compelling story and well acted. Marathoned the first two seasons in a week.

Sally Cinnamon

State of Play (BBC)
Band of Brothers

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
RECTIFY is just amazing
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/
2nd season finished last night-Already renewed for 3rd
A guy sentenced to death row gets released after 19 years in prison thanks to DNA tests

Series reminds me of the event from the 90s when 3 boys got sentenced to 20+ years for killing and mutilating 3 little boys . I think they even had an hbo documentary
anyways
MUST SEE !!

jem

It looks like you've seen most of the good stuff. You should definitely check out The Americans, Justified, Rectify and Rome.

jem

RECTIFY is just amazing
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/
2nd season finished last night-Already renewed for 3rd
A guy sentenced to death row gets released after 19 years in prison thanks to DNA tests

Series reminds me of the event from the 90s when 3 boys got sentenced to 20+ years for killing and mutilating 3 little boys . I think they even had an hbo documentary
anyways
MUST SEE !!
Can't wait to start season 2!

Keenst

I've watched about 6 episodes now and while I'm enjoying it, it's a bit shmaltzy at times.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I've watched about 6 episodes now and while I'm enjoying it, it's a bit shmaltzy at times.
Sorkin's stuff has a tendency towards schmaltzyness.

It grates on me, but a lot of people like it (all my coworkers seem to be in love with Newsroom...).

Keenst

Sorkin's stuff has a tendency towards schmaltzyness.

It grates on me, but a lot of people like it (all my coworkers seem to be in love with Newsroom...).
I liked The Social Network and Charlie Wilson's War a lot and Moneyball was decent too. Didn't give The Newsroom much of a chance but I watched a bit of it and wasn't very impressed.