Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Ahhh fair.

I wasted about 5 mins watching some guy camping on a hill with a triple take instead of reviving me and the other squaddie :lol:
:lol:

I hate cnuts like that. Same with people who just run off and don't stay as a team. Convinced most players like that are kids.

Kaos

:lol:

I hate cnuts like that. Same with people who just run off and don't stay as a team. Convinced most players like that are kids.
The absolute worst kind are the Wraith twitch try hards who insist on dropping the squad into the sweatiest hotzone, gets knocked down and then proceeds to scream at the squad for not reviving him because we’re busy getting bukaked by the 10 other squads.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The absolute worst kind are the Wraith twitch try hards who insist on dropping the squad into the sweatiest hotzone, gets knocked down and then proceeds to scream at the squad for not reviving him because we’re busy getting bukaked by the 10 other squads.
Yeah... And you always end up with a Mozambique or P2020, while everyone else gets Spitfire or Pisskeeper :(

Made me come up with "Don't bring a Mozambique to a gun fight" tagline in a Discord channel :)

Grylte

They kind of ruined it by creating low level characters to get matched with lower level players for easier kills. Still impressive though.
That's what's been done in all the previous world records too.

But yeah, i agree that it would be far more impressive on their actual level.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Feel like this game needs some more.charaxters/weapons/maps. Starting to feel a bit stale.

Still enjoy it, but can generally only play 3 or 4 games before I'm bored now.

Kaos

Feel like this game needs some more.charaxters/weapons/maps. Starting to feel a bit stale.

Yep respawn have been shockingly passive. You’d think now that they have a hugely successful IP out of nowhere they’d do everything to keep it relevant.

Instead they’re focusing on a mobile port :rolleyes:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yep respawn have been shockingly passive. You’d think now that they have a hugely successful IP out of nowhere they’d do everything to keep it relevant.

Instead they’re focusing on a mobile port :rolleyes:
I'm hopeful they'll release some new stuff when Season 2 comes along.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Smurfing and trying to go for kill counts is such a trash thing to do :lol:

It's like the ones on Fortnite Arena doing it to act like they legit drop 20-30 bombs. Against mobile players too.

Then again, you have people macro'ing and doing tragic stuff like changing colourblind and hearing settings to get any advantage they can these days, so who knows what's considered acceptable and what's not :lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

I agree, loved it when it came out but it's very stale now. The problem is that it's just a shooter really, so it's very one dimensional. Something like Fortnite, love it or hate it, is generally much more engaging long term due to it's weekly updates and variety.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I agree, loved it when it came out but it's very stale now. The problem is that it's just a shooter really, so it's very one dimensional. Something like Fortnite, love it or hate it, is generally much more engaging long term due to it's weekly updates and variety.
Is that the problem of why it's going stale? Have you heard of Counter-Strike?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Is that the problem of why it's going stale? Have you heard of Counter-Strike?
Well, shooters have far more variation in terms of maps and weapons. Apex has just become an FPS where you use the same 5 weapons on the same one map. Its incredibly boring.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Well, shooters have far more variation in terms of maps and weapons. Apex has just become an FPS where you use the same 5 weapons on the same one map. Its incredibly boring.
It's boring because there's one map and one game mode, not because it's a shooter.

There's so many things they could do to make the game more interesting, they're just choosing not to for some reason. Add solo/duo modes, have games where everyone is the same character/only certain weapons are available, change the speed the ring closes/how much damage it does etc

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's boring because there's one map and one game mode, not because it's a shooter.

There's so many things they could do to make the game more interesting, they're just choosing not to for some reason. Add solo/duo modes, have games where everyone is the same character/only certain weapons are available, change the speed the ring closes/how much damage it does etc
Not needed, it's perfect as it is.

As for the rest, I agree. Some more weapons, probably should have added 2 or 3 more characters by now, items (?), one or two more maps. I really can't think of another game that hit the heights of Apex and managed to fall so quickly - it lasted around a month. The lack of attention shown is a little worrying. I think their time is gone, to be honest, they fecked around for too long and most people have moved on.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Not needed, it's perfect as it is.

As for the rest, I agree. Some more weapons, probably should have added 2 or 3 more characters by now, items (?), one or two more maps. I really can't think of another game that hit the heights of Apex and managed to fall so quickly - it lasted around a month. The lack of attention shown is a little worrying. I think their time is gone, to be honest, they fecked around for too long and most people have moved on.
I meant for one off events, to mix it up. For example it could be that they have a day where the ring mechanics are different.

It doesn't help the battle pass and season 1 was pretty disappointing. I didn't buy it because there was no real incentive to do so.

Snow

Do you play solo or with friends?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Solo. Every game is a lottery. Some team mates are great, others are totally garbage.
I hate the players who leave the team and land on their own. 9 times out of 10 they're dead within a minute.

I swear half the time I'm playing with kids. Zero common sense among so many players on how to approach a fight.

Kaos

I hate the players who leave the team and land on their own. 9 times out of 10 they're dead within a minute.

I swear half the time I'm playing with kids. Zero common sense among so many players on how to approach a fight.
I actually think the TTV kids with 4k+ kills are the absolute worst. They always insist on dropping hot in skulltown, never share loot, never revive, and always leave once they’re downed, just so they can rinse and repeat the process with their next unfortunate team just to quickly salvage more kills or compilation clips for their failing YouTube channel.

I much prefer the lower skilled players who move with you, communicate and generally play as a team. My best wins have been in average teams where none of us are particularly skilled players but we’re all in sync.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Details about event starting next week and season 2, all looks very promising indeed.
https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/legendary-hunt-season-2-battle-pass
Seems like they're trying to spice things up even before season two starts which makes sense. Not sure about shortening the time to reach level 100 because I finished this season three or four weeks ago already, but the rest seems nice.

Season 1 was a complete joke but I don't mind it too much. I can fully understand why people would lose interest, but personally I still absolutely love this game. According to some apex tracker I'm at level 240 now and I've finally developed a half decent aim on console so for me it's been very enjoyable to play the last couple of weeks. Also love the long range/sniper gun updates which give a bit of an extra dimension and most recently I've developed a weird obsession with the Triple Take which can be so much fun to play with if you can actually aim properly.

Luckily I somehow got the 1200 crafting metals together just before I finished the battle pass so I could pick a legendary skin myself. There was also some Apex pack with legendary items guaranteed at level 86 or something, of course that thing gave me Havoc skin out of all things. Got another two for finishing the battle pass, so now I have three legendary skins for a gun I don't even like that much.

Basics of this game are solid as feck though and it can be so much fun to play, a new map and a better battle pass system with less shit rewards and I reckon plenty of people who stopped will be tempted again.

Grylte

Solo. Every game is a lottery. Some team mates are great, others are totally garbage.
On console or pc?

I recommend looking for "Apex legends [your country]" on facebook, i did, and pretty much never play solo anymore, just if i play at odd hours.
We have a discord channel for Apex Norway, where you can just join a room and wait for people to join you, or jump into a room where there's already 1-2 people.
I have played with some of those guys 8-10 times now - and some only once, because they're dicks, or their playstyle is horrible with mine :lol:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
On console or pc?

I recommend looking for "Apex legends [your country]" on facebook, i did, and pretty much never play solo anymore, just if i play at odd hours.
We have a discord channel for Apex Norway, where you can just join a room and wait for people to join you, or jump into a room where there's already 1-2 people.
I have played with some of those guys 8-10 times now - and some only once, because they're dicks, or their playstyle is horrible with mine :lol:
PS4. I don't play often enough to look for teammates I think. Only every now and again on weekends.

Snow

A lot of general bug fixing and optimizations lately and now they've added dragons that drop deathboxes of dead friends.

Grylte

A lot of general bug fixing and optimizations lately and now they've added dragons that drop deathboxes of dead friends.
Well, the dragons carry dropboxes, and you have to shoot them down. Not necesarrily your friend's box, though.
I am not sure what i feel about it, but it makes people shoot in the air, which often will give you some action.

Snow

Well, the dragons carry dropboxes, and you have to shoot them down. Not necesarrily your friend's box, though.
I am not sure what i feel about it, but it makes people shoot in the air, which often will give you some action.
The deathboxes are marked with someone from your friend's list is what I meant. It's not from the same instance that you're playing.

Grylte

The deathboxes are marked with someone from your friend's list is what I meant. It's not from the same instance that you're playing.
Oh... wasn't aware of that. Got a few boxes earlier, and noone of us recognized the names, we assumed they were killed earlier in the game.
I did wonder how the dragon, with the box, was already up when we landed :)
Maybe the friend of someone who didn't bother shooting it down?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Seeing the flyer for the first time without knowing was awesome. Was playing with a friend and we were at Hydro Dam when I suddenly heard a creature making noises, she came over and heard it too. We went through the dam and I could see the leviathan in the background so just assumed it was that being extra loud. Suddenly there was a flyer to the right, so awesome.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Still enjoying this, hopefully I'll have earned enough Apex coins to not need to pay for the second season. Got 850 at the moment and can still earn 200 through the battle pass.