Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Battle pass is coming tomorrow, it'll cost 950 apex coins or 2800 to get the first 25 levels as well. 10am pacific, 5pm UK time.

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/battle-pass
Just went through the rewards, is it me or do they seem kind of lame? To be fair it's not terrible, just not as spectacular as I hoped. Also, it seems that

Even if you don’t purchase the Battle Pass, you can still earn the following items for free:

• 1 Wild Frontier Legend skin
  • 5 Apex Packs
  • 18 Wild Frontier stat trackers

And I've read somehere that Octane will be seperated from the battle pass and you can buy him with both Legend tokens and Apex coins. Which is making me doubt whether I should get the battle pass in the first place, since at level 90 now I've got plenty of those legend tokens left anyway.

I guess the big upside from the battle pass is that you can earn (back) Apex coins, though I'm not sure how many. Probably the same amount you've spent on the battle pass, or maybe double, double would be nice.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Just went through the rewards, is it me or do they seem kind of lame? To be fair it's not terrible, just not as spectacular as I hoped. Also, it seems that

Even if you don’t purchase the Battle Pass, you can still earn the following items for free:

• 1 Wild Frontier Legend skin
  • 5 Apex Packs
  • 18 Wild Frontier stat trackers

And I've read somehere that Octane will be seperated from the battle pass and you can buy him with both Legend tokens and apex coins. Which is making me doubt whether I should get the battle pass in the first place, since at level 90 now I've got plenty of those legend tokens left anyway.

I guess the big upside from the battle pass that you earn (back) Apex coins though, yet I'm not sure how many. Probably the same amount you've spent on the battle pass, or maybe double, double would be nice.
One of the developers confirmed it would be 1000, so just 50 more and Octane will be available for everyone to buy regardless.

They will be releasing more info tomorrow about an hour before it goes live. I'll definitely be getting it as I like working towards something.

Henrik Larsson

One of the developers confirmed it would be 1000, so just 50 more and Octane will be available for everyone to buy regardless.

They will be releasing more info tomorrow about an hour before it goes live. I'll definitely be getting it as I like working towards something.
Yeah I'm mostly interested in some nice skins, preferably for Bangalore, Gibraltar and maybe Pathfinder because so far I've got some sweet ones for free for the rest of the characters already. Therefore I was hoping for loads of skins as rewards, but I guess you could buy them with the Apex coins you earn. Or I could use those crafting metals, but I've only gotten 630 so far and everything legendary is 1200+.

I'll probably buy the Battle Pass anyway as well, since I've enjoyed this game thoroughly and it's only a tenner for a couple of months.

Those featured items in the shop are weird too sometimes by the way, I think this week there's a Mastiff skin for like 2800 coins? That's nearly 30 bucks for a skin in a gun that you wouldn't even be using in every match, who buys those things :eek:

Last edited:

Kaos

The cheaters in this game are becoming a serious problem. That’s two days in a row I’ve been up against them. I’ve even recorded the footage which I’ll post here later.

The one I was up against tonight was just ridiculous though. Aimbot, speed hacks, wall hacks, the whole feckin works.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The cheaters in this game are becoming a serious problem. That’s two days in a row I’ve been up against them. I’ve even recorded the footage which I’ll post here later.

The one I was up against tonight was just ridiculous though. Aimbot, speed hacks, wall hacks, the whole feckin works.
Guessing you're on pc? Not encountered anything like that on console yet. Won 2 games in a row today for the first time

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

It's definitely getting worse.
Was killed by one the other day, watched him the rest of the game, he lost to another hacker :lol:

Halftrack

From what I remember, Fortnite had similar problems with hackers early on, but it's gotten a hell of a lot better since. Both games are using EasyAntiCheat, so I'm guessing things will similarly improve for Apex. Hopefully.

Kaos

Guessing you're on pc? Not encountered anything like that on console yet. Won 2 games in a row today for the first time
Yeah PC.

This was the one from last night I manage to record (Ignore the awkward 'arse fam' dialect from my mates :lol:).

He wasn't even remotely trying to disguise it :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's definitely getting worse.
Was killed by one the other day, watched him the rest of the game, he lost to another hacker :lol:
And we have it the best on the EU servers. Asian servers are awful and NA has become bad.

Snow

Octane is by boy now. 5 wins in 12-13 games this session. Only up to almost level 3 in the battlepass (not bought it yet). Going to be a real grind getting to level 97 if that's your goal (the amount needed to getting the next one "free").

Henrik Larsson

Octane is by boy now. 5 wins in 12-13 games this session. Only up to almost level 3 in the battlepass (not bought it yet). Going to be a real grind getting to level 97 if that's your goal (the amount needed to getting the next one "free").
He's quite lovely isn't he? His finisher is ace as well! And I got the midnight skin for him in the level two Apex pack which is just an all black lowest level skin but it looks really nice I think.

Played for about two hours today and I'm close to level three now... Level 97 or worse 100 or 110 to get those Havoc skins seems like a mission impossible for me, though I'm not sure how much time there will be, presumably around 2.5 - 3 months. Haven't bought the battle pass either yet because somehow my PS account/wallet had only 9,60 euro left in it instead of 10, might not bother anyway.

Snow

He's quite lovely isn't he? His finisher is ace as well! And I got the midnight skin for him in the level two Apex pack which is just an all black lowest level skin but it looks really nice I think.

Played for about two hours today and I'm close to level three now... Level 97 or worse 100 or 110 to get those Havoc skins seems like a mission impossible for me, though I'm not sure how much time there will be, presumably around 2.5 - 3 months. Haven't bought the battle pass either yet because somehow my PS account/wallet had only 9,60 euro left in it instead of 10, might not bother anyway.
I heard 90 days yesterday but googling it there's a screenshot that says that it ends June 5th which should be plenty of time.

Kaos

I genuinely think this game is harder if you queue as a squad. Whenever I jump in with my mates we’re getting teabagged by tryhards with over 2k kills and ‘Twitch/TTV’ in their names. Yet when I go solo I tend to win more games and have a better time at it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I genuinely think this game is harder if you queue as a squad. Whenever I jump in with my mates we’re getting teabagged by tryhards with over 2k kills and ‘Twitch/TTV’ in their names. Yet when I go solo I tend to win more games and have a better time at it.
As a solo, youre more likely to be paired with and against average players.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
When solo you're queued with solos and duos. When as a full squad you face full squads.

Snow

FYI for you battle pass buyers (or not). If you change your Origin country to Belgium you'll get crafting materials instead of those Apex packs.

Henrik Larsson

Nice, presumably because the Belgians see those packs as gambling or something? No idea how to change it on PlayStation though, and I don't know my password to my PS-account. Tried to change it using my laptop and email adress, but I don't remember the answer to my security question either :wenger:

Kaos

Nice, presumably because the Belgians see those packs as gambling or something? No idea how to change it on PlayStation though, and I don't know my password to my PS-account. Tried to change it using my laptop and email adress, but I don't remember the answer to my security question either :wenger:
Excellent, would rather that than picking up my 45th Mozambique skin or a Gibraltar tracker for face-sitting kills or something.

Henrik Larsson

My personal highlight today was that I actually managed to punch a lower level teammate down a waterfall, which he really deserved for completely fecking up the landing and then running away instead of helping out. The guy's precious ego couldn't handle getting rekt by his own teammate though, he started stuttering into his mic and then screamed he wished he had a gun in real life because then he would shoot me in the face.

Kaos

They’ve handled the monetisation really badly I have to say. The battle pass is abit crap and the in-game currency is completely pointless once you’ve unlocked the additional legends....that is unless you first dish out real money for the privilege to unlock items with in game currency :houllier:

Kaos

My personal highlight today was that I actually managed to punch a lower level teammate down a waterfall, which he really deserved for completely fecking up the landing and then running away instead of helping out. The guy's precious ego couldn't handle getting rekt by his own teammate though, he started stuttering into his mic and then screamed he wished he had a gun in real life because then he would shoot me in the face.
I had no idea you could actually punch your teammates until I read this.

I tested it the other day by punching my squadmate off the edge of the dropship while he was looting a deathbox. He was not happy evident by the onslaught of toxic rage I got from him :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I had no idea you could actually punch your teammates until I read this.

I tested it the other day by punching my squadmate off the edge of the dropship while he was looting a deathbox. He was not happy evident by the onslaught of toxic rage I got from him :lol:
Definitely doing this now I know :lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Who else struggles with the Mastiff and the Kraber? I'd honestly rather use the peacekeeper with the choke and digital threat. The Kraber is also useless in the very end game.

Kaos

Back online.

They've added a leaver penalty of 5 minutes if you now leave a game before your squad has been eliminated.
Hmm not a fan of this. What if you’re dead and your respawn has timed out? Am I forced to watch my squad with no chance of being revived?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hmm not a fan of this. What if you’re dead and your respawn has timed out? Am I forced to watch my squad with no chance of being revived?
Not tried leaving in that scenario. I'd imagine it wouldn't punish you if you did that, would be stupid if so!

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Update started automatically, i panicked, and stopped it.
Wonder if i was too late, i don't want to lose my progress...
Think i'm lvl 135, and BP lvl 65'ish.

Kaos

Update started automatically, i panicked, and stopped it.
Wonder if i was too late, i don't want to lose my progress...
Think i'm lvl 135, and BP lvl 65'ish.
You’re fine. Even those who lost their progress had it restored. And even then I’m sure respawn will just restore it eventually.

Kaos

Back online.

They've added a leaver penalty of 5 minutes if you now leave a game before your squad has been eliminated.
Also this is a lie! I rage quit my team earlier and jumped straight back into another game immediately :nono: