Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Ady87

Had 2 wins in my first 2 games last night.

Game 1, drop with 2 level 6's, both with 3 kills on their chosen Legends. They played tentatively, followed me everywhere, but then ripped squads apart in the last couple of circles. Had to be playing on ringers, surely, but it's the early game stuff that made me think they were new, but they could shoot!

Game 2, I went out on 5 kills, got revived 4 times by a Bangalore who was probably pissed about using smoke to bail me out every 2 mins. They carried me in the final two circles as I was dead and they couldn't get my banner.

Played a few more games and barely made top 10 so called it a night.

Ady87

Managed to take out a team of 3 on my own!

Team mates died right on the drop. I killed two guys to retrieve their banner, and about 10 feet from the beacon they decide to leave!

So I decided to go back and kill one more before I quit, ran into a full team and managed to confuse them with the smoke and take them down with the Eva.

One guy had gold armour and backpack (how do they get this stuff so early?!)

I decided to see out the game but I only managed one more kill before being destroyed by the final team who had 19 kills between them.

Next game finished second again with 5 kills. But first time i have self revived and it couldn't have went better. I was downed in a corner and he turned around to revive his mate before healing himself. Up I get and finish him off. Bet he had no idea what happened.

Ps. I don't know how I did it, but I was downed earlier but still had my gun drawn and was shooting? Is this a bug
HATE this, they can clearly see you've picked up the banner so why don't they give it a minute to see if you're heading to a beacon?

I've got to a beacon a few times recently and not noticed they've quit haha

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Had a lvl 76 leave after he didn't get wraith.. just a shame recent players isn't working properly would of sent the soppy tw*t some love.
Have the impression this is a console thing, i have never seen it on PC. Maybe cause i'm a nice teammate, and when i see someone mark a legend (by holding their mouse over it), i let them have it - obviously tell them that "hey mate, you can have Wraith/Bangalore". Also have a feeling that this makes people behave nicer in the game aswell.

I have both but I'm playing this on the Xbox as that's what all my mates play on if you fancy a game sometime.

Cross-play will come soon I'm sure.
Hope cross play will only be between the different consoles, PC-console cross play doesn't really make sense.
Everyone on console have same graphics and game runs the same way, while on PC, pretty much everyone have different specs.

HATE this, they can clearly see you've picked up the banner so why don't they give it a minute to see if you're heading to a beacon?

I've got to a beacon a few times recently and not noticed they've quit haha
I was revived 3 times by a teammate yesterday, i had a shocker of a game, the other teammate left when he was killed, i told the remaining teammate to leave me the 4th time i was downed, since there were only 2 more squads left.
The crazy cnut destroyed both teams on his own, and had 13 kills.... Still counts as a win for me, i guess :lol:
In all fairness, i did help him out at one point when he was almost killed, by flanking and killing one of the attackers.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Have the impression this is a console thing, i have never seen it on PC. Maybe cause i'm a nice teammate, and when i see someone mark a legend (by holding their mouse over it), i let them have it - obviously tell them that "hey mate, you can have Wraith/Bangalore". Also have a feeling that this makes people behave nicer in the game aswell.

Hope cross play will only be between the different consoles, PC-console cross play doesn't really make sense.
Everyone on console have same graphics and game runs the same way, while on PC, pretty much everyone have different specs.

I was revived 3 times by a teammate yesterday, i had a shocker of a game, the other teammate left when he was killed, i told the remaining teammate to leave me the 4th time i was downed, since there were only 2 more squads left.
The crazy cnut destroyed both teams on his own, and had 13 kills.... Still counts as a win for me, i guess :lol:
In all fairness, i did help him out at one point when he was almost killed, by flanking and killing one of the attackers.
The problem is the ones bitching about not getting their legrnd of choice don't actually mark it, they just assume they'll get it without.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The issue is a lot of people who don't have friends to play with, if you try and get a good squad through the community it's all "be level 100 and at least 1000+ kills"

I've played most of the legends and I like Lifeline/Wraith/Bangalore but i'm happy to use any. The kills are all spread out so it makes you seem worse but i'm happily above average.

Tekkers

The issue is a lot of people who don't have friends to play with, if you try and get a good squad through the community it's all "be level 100 and at least 1000+ kills"

I've played most of the legends and I like Lifeline/Wraith/Bangalore but i'm happy to use any. The kills are all spread out so it makes you seem worse but i'm happily above average.
Yeah I’ve played with some people from the community, most of them have ridiculous ego’s. They honestly take the game so serious. For example, I was playing with these 2 guys who were both level 100+ and they were like if you finish a game with less than 5 kills we’re gonna have to kick you :lol:

Adam-Utd

Yeah I’ve played with some people from the community, most of them have ridiculous ego’s. They honestly take the game so serious. For example, I was playing with these 2 guys who were both level 100+ and they were like if you finish a game with less than 5 kills we’re gonna have to kick you :lol:
It's ridiculous isn't it. Don't get me wrong I like to win/do well but sometimes you get games where it doesn't happen for you. Most of them aren't even much better than the average player anyway, they just get carried by being in good squads 24/7.

I've got you on my PSN so i'll give you a shout next time i'm on.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Generally I now tend to put people on mute instantly at the start of the game unless they sound somewhat normal. I have no patience for nerds or stupid teenagers. Played with this one English guy the other day who was the biggest captain cringe I've ever heard, and he was ten levels below me as well yet giving out stupid orders and making demands right from the start.

Got to a point where I only revived the other newbie teammate after they both got knocked down and and epic meltdown followed. We got quite far after that as well :lol:

Tekkers

It's ridiculous isn't it. Don't get me wrong I like to win/do well but sometimes you get games where it doesn't happen for you. Most of them aren't even much better than the average player anyway, they just get carried by being in good squads 24/7.

I've got you on my PSN so i'll give you a shout next time i'm on.
Yeah exactly, I’m competitive but there is a limit, it’s a game at the end of the day haha

Grylte

So tired of playing with randoms who ONLY drop Bunker, Supply ship or Skull town, sure Skull town can be fun now and then, but i usually end up with Mozambique vs R-99 or a shotgun.
Any PC gamers want to play some games today? - Only requirement is to not drop those places every game :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So tired of playing with randoms who ONLY drop Bunker, Supply ship or Skull town, sure Skull town can be fun now and then, but i usually end up with Mozambique vs R-99 or a shotgun.
Any PC gamers want to play some games today? - Only requirement is to not drop those places every game :lol:
Yeah people are shit! I like Thunderdome and the Pit. Swamp is a good place to which people rarely seen to go to.

If anyone is on Xbox and fancies a game sometimes just add me - ShookethCargo

Grylte

Yeah people are shit! I like Thunderdome and the Pit. Swamp is a good place to which people rarely seen to go to.

If anyone is on Xbox and fancies a game sometimes just add me - ShookethCargo
I like to go places where there's good loot, and a little bit of action. Artillery, the water place down south, swamp, or the south east place... Repulsor/hydro dam, or air base. You always meet a squad or two at those places, and get good loot. I Prefer when i can have some action, and after we beat them, we can move more tactically in towards the circle.
But going to the most popular places, or the biggest area closest to where the dropshit is when doors open, always ends up with team running in different directions, and die. Everyone wants to be Rambo... or whoever is the cool guy to be these days :lol:

Just noticed the "dropshit" typo, honestly unintentional, but not going to fix it :lol:

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Got my first win on the weekend and got the match-winning kill. There I was thinking I was too slow for these games now.

Love the Wingman.

Henrik Larsson

Playing with people who are mentally capable of working and sticking together and aren't complete noobs makes such a big difference.

Started sending out friend requests to various people after winning a match with them yesterday, and today I've been playing together a bit with this German guy and one of his friends. We somehow click really well and immediately won two on the bounce and made it to the final two the game after.

Just won another game with a level 30 guy who made 10 kills in a game we won and he accepted my friend request, so much less pairing up with random idiots for me now :drool:

binary bot
They really need an option to search with the same team again

Henrik Larsson

Yeah it's quite difficult remembering their names and adding them quickly, because the post match screen also disappears quite fast I think? Particularly when they have weird names with loads of characters.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
This game needs a way to balance it up a bit. Fed up of being pitted against people who have thousands of kills.
Doesn't mean anything, they could have played nonstop since day 1 and get an average of 0.5 kills per game. I've found that the players with level 100 and thousands of kills aren't always the best players.

Stactix

Played a few games on PC for the first time so I'm low level playing with someone that's in there 30s.
And we had multiple team mates leave before dropping, it's like really?
Certainly much better than console for the challenge though, everyone and there dog seems to be level 50-70+

Kaos

This game needs a way to balance it up a bit. Fed up of being pitted against people who have thousands of kills.
Yep, needs an Overwatch ranking system.

It’s no fun being pitted against premades with ‘ttv’ on their name as they film montages with their mates.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

It’s no fun being pitted against premades with ‘ttv’ on their name as they film montages with their mates.
It's annoying, I really like the game, but I'm not a pro gamer and shouldn't be pitted with this who are :lol:

What's overwatch's ranking system?

Henrik Larsson

Doesn't mean anything, they could have played nonstop since day 1 and get an average of 0.5 kills per game. I've found that the players with level 100 and thousands of kills aren't always the best players.
Exactly. Been playing a lot with two German guys over the last two days, one is level 30, other 52, and both are in many ways better players than me at level 72. Though I set the tempo of the game and have a better idea of where things are going down, their aiming and shooting is much sharper, which is understandable since I've never ever even played an FPS on console before. And the only other game I put serious time in was CoD1 and Cod2 on PC 13-15 years ago :lol:

Plenty of real high level guys with loads of kills are just messing around anyway, purely interested in killhunting and getting nice stats. I quite like playing super agressive, but they sometimes make really stupid decisions just to get a couple of kills and then go on to the next match. Conversely I've had a couple of really nice wins with low level guys who just focused and played for the team instead of for themselves.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's annoying, I really like the game, but I'm not a pro gamer and shouldn't be pitted with this who are :lol:

What's overwatch's ranking system?
Tiers of bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, master, grandmaster and top 500. Win a game, gain some points towards the next tier. Lose a game, lose some points.

I'm getting horrible flashbacks of how angry I used to get falling out of diamond into platinum. I don't need that shit in Apex, it's a fun drop in and play game. I'd like it to stay that way.

Grylte

Anybody down for a few this week on PC?
I'm on pretty much after 7pm every weekday, think my Origin name is "Sliplix".
For some reason all my names were taken....even fecking Grylte, which i thought was safe :(

Grylte

Played a few games on PC for the first time so I'm low level playing with someone that's in there 30s.
And we had multiple team mates leave before dropping, it's like really?
Certainly much better than console for the challenge though, everyone and there dog seems to be level 50-70+
I'm in my 30s, i'd love to gather a group of "grown ups" who wants to play together.
I'm almost lvl 80, definitely no pro, but 30 years of gaming exprience helps, i can give anyone a decent fight.

Started noticing people leaving too, am under the impression it's mainly those who has to be Wraith, either because of her small hitbox, or that they have the knife.

Shroud said something i'm pretty sure is true, been thinking of that myself, he said: "100% if you queue with people, either 2 or 3, you'll only be up against other teams who queued together" - Obviously except the odd one who's teamed with 2 who queued together.

Halftrack

Shroud said something i'm pretty sure is true, been thinking of that myself, he said: "100% if you queue with people, either 2 or 3, you'll only be up against other teams who queued together" - Obviously except the odd one who's teamed with 2 who queued together.
Trios are definitely kept separate. Trio queuing is a lot harder than solo queuing. The easiest is probably going as a duo. You'll have two thirds of your squad coordinated, and you can keep your third guy decently clued up on plans and such. When going against squads full of uncoordinated, non-communicating randoms, you absolutely shred them. Me and my brother probably win 1 in 4 doing this, and neither of us are amazing at the game (though we're probably well above average).

Marcelinho87

I'm on pretty much after 7pm every weekday, think my Origin name is "Sliplix".
For some reason all my names were taken....even fecking Grylte, which i thought was safe :(
I will be on at like 8pm tonight so will add you... Just started using Mirage.

I am not the greatest player on the game but I am "grown up" :D

Grylte

I will be on at like 8pm tonight so will add you... Just started using Mirage.

I am not the greatest player on the game but I am "grown up" :D
I'll never grow up, no matter what my age says :lol:

Easier to get better when you play with people you're comfortable with and know, instead of random 1337kids who yolo onto supply ship for a Mozambique fight every game, and only think about their own kills and not the squad.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Like Schmiznurf said, the kills don't tell the whole story as a lot of people play a lot and hotdrop every single time. Basically they have many kills but their average survive time is low. Imo survive time should be the default display.

I've played several characters. If you would team up with me playing Lifeline it would display ~50 kills since I started playing her recently but yesterday I got 3 wins in a row. I've also had games with 500+ damage and no kills. Also don't forget hackers. Mate of mine won a game yesterday where his random team mate got 19 kills. Now either he got paired with one of the best players in the world or he got paired with a hacker which is way more likely.

You just do you.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tiers of bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, master, grandmaster and top 500. Win a game, gain some points towards the next tier. Lose a game, lose some points.

I'm getting horrible flashbacks of how angry I used to get falling out of diamond into platinum. I don't need that shit in Apex, it's a fun drop in and play game. I'd like it to stay that way.
What they should do is have a ranking system but keep it hidden or at least give you the option to hide it.

Grylte

Already had you added!
Ah, right... i couldn't remember who Matty were, and were too lazy to scroll through the thread ;)

Making food now, but will start up game meanwhile. Do we have a 3rd on here who wants to join?

I have a friend i know, but i really hate playing with him, so rather not :p

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Ah, right... i couldn't remember who Matty were, and were too lazy to scroll through the thread ;)

Making food now, but will start up game meanwhile. Do we have a 3rd on here who wants to join?

I have a friend i know, but i really hate playing with him, so rather not :p
i'd like to join sometimes but i'm playing very little.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I've never been as shit at a game as in this.

Never been good at shooters but never this bad, If I get 1 kill in 10 games, it's a success. I think it's way too fast for me, I mean, I see someone and I'm dead in 3 sec, these people run fast and don't miss.
Granted, I play with two other friends who are also shit but jesus. I'm way more comfortable in PUBG for example.

Grylte

I've never been as shit at a game as in this.

Never been good at shooters but never this bad, If I get 1 kill in 10 games, it's a success. I think it's way too fast for me, I mean, I see someone and I'm dead in 3 sec, these people run fast and don't miss.
Granted, I play with two other friends who are also shit but jesus. I'm way more comfortable in PUBG for example.
I wrote a post a bit further up, where i said that people think that if you queue as a full squad, you're most likely up against other pre-made squads.
They'll be a lot tougher than if you queue solo - if the above is right, that is.

I love the fast pace, probably cause i'm a former quake player, so i'm used to aiming while moving fast.
Run-slide-run-slide, and try to hit while doing so, and remember, it's not embarassing to try this in the training ground, we won't know ;)

There's a guy on Youtube named Frothy, he has some good tips and tricks videos, i recommend you, and others in the same situation, check them out.

Grylte

Just had the best game ever!

One dc'd at the start of the game, he chose legend first, so didn't leave because of that.
Me and other guy landed at Cascades, and ran into same house. I picked up a 301, and the guy started shooting at me, then flamed me for going into the same house as him.
I was told to die, get ebola, and all those nice things, and then he said "i'm not going to ress you, or help you". - told him to sue his parents for the bad upbringing, and that i didn't need his help - obviously being cocky just because he was being a dick.

Decided to run away on my own, but kept an eye on what other guy was doing, got a yellow armour in his care package and all, while i was still in my white armour at the time he died.
Found a blue one on my way into the circle, in buildings close to the market. The moment i equipped it, i heard the last 2 squads started fighting eachother, and told myself that if i wanted to win, i had to push them while they were both taking damage.
Only 2 squads left, the announcer said, i looted a yellow armour from a death box, then charged the last squad.
Apparantly there was only one left, and i killed him :cool:

My nice little teammate started commenting how bad i was, hiding and not having any kills :lol:

I just said "i play to win, not for kills", and left :cool::yawn: