Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I don't get the nerf on Caustic, has he ever been top tier? For me he is just fun to play once in a while, but never felt very strong.
I never played Gibby, i prefer movement or more... tricky legends, but i understand that he is pretty much a requirement in pro games now, so i guess he needed a nerf.

Bosws87

I don't get the nerf on Caustic, has he ever been top tier? For me he is just fun to play once in a while, but never felt very strong.
I never played Gibby, i prefer movement or more... tricky legends, but i understand that he is pretty much a requirement in pro games now, so i guess he needed a nerf.
In pro play currently theres a clear meta of Gibby, Caustic and Valk

I expect Valk will see some nerfs later on just not this time round.

Grylte

Oi! Gas daddy made it to the top?
I understand Valk, and i guess Gibby's fat unkillable ass and quick ress is crazy at that level, but they sacrifice Wraith's portal for gas?
Not followed the pro scene, but nice if there's more variation to the team builds, there used to be like maybe 4 that were used.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Oi! Gas daddy made it to the top?
I understand Valk, and i guess Gibby's fat unkillable ass and quick ress is crazy at that level, but they sacrifice Wraith's portal for gas?
Not followed the pro scene, but nice if there's more variation to the team builds, there used to be like maybe 4 that were used.
Holding down position and area denial is all they care about and caustic was one of the best at that.

BluesJr

In pro play currently theres a clear meta of Gibby, Caustic and Valk

I expect Valk will see some nerfs later on just not this time round.
Valk wont be nerfed, she’s only used because of her rotation ability. Nerfing the ult wouldn’t really impact her use at all.

Grylte

Man I love that weapon - but recently I have found the CAR to be very effective. Pair it with a shotgun or a wingman and you can shred enemies.
I never liked the CAR, no idea why, i think it might be the sound that makes it sound silly :P
I'd still pick the 301, Flatline and R-99 over it, but i know i have a hard time getting over my habits...
Prefer the wingy over shotguns, i just can't hit with the shotgun, and the ammo take so much space.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
What's this game like these days? I played it when it first came out and absolutely loved pathfinder and the whole mechanics of using the grappling hook (or whatever you call it). That special gold sniper which began with K you used to pick up was class too. Can't remember the name of it but I loved using that weapon.

Eventually I ended up moving over to Warzone and playing it, was probably not long after Octane or Watson were released. I just felt that the game didn't really have many updates at the time and the changes which were made to the map and such were quite minimal. Another thing which put me off was I don't think, from memory, that there was any ranked play or even like elo used in matchmaking but I may be wrong.

Still seem to be alot of people on here who seem to play Apex though so not sure if it's something worth considering getting back into. It's a weird one for me as I can visualise and remember parts of the map and remember having some epic games on it but I have a feeling that it just felt quite repeatable for me after a while. Whereas when I played Overwatch or LoL! I felt they made more regular updates and the ranked system gave me a bit more incentive to play and also made it more challenging too.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
What's this game like these days? I played it when it first came out and absolutely loved pathfinder and the whole mechanics of using the grappling hook (or whatever you call it). That special gold sniper which began with K you used to pick up was class too. Can't remember the name of it but I loved using that weapon.

Eventually I ended up moving over to Warzone and playing it, was probably not long after Octane or Watson were released. I just felt that the game didn't really have many updates at the time and the changes which were made to the map and such were quite minimal. Another thing which put me off was I don't think, from memory, that there was any ranked play or even like elo used in matchmaking but I may be wrong.

Still seem to be alot of people on here who seem to play Apex though so not sure if it's something worth considering getting back into. It's a weird one for me as I can visualise and remember parts of the map and remember having some epic games on it but I have a feeling that it just felt quite repeatable for me after a while. Whereas when I played Overwatch or LoL! I felt they made more regular updates and the ranked system gave me a bit more incentive to play and also made it more challenging too.
It has been updated a lot since then (the sniper you refer to is the Kraber). You now have four maps in total, and Kings Canyon (the original map) has changed several times. More changes to come as Season 12 begins in around 10 days. they also have a ranked system now, so you have the option of either ranked or unranked play.

Terry Chango

so I'm a COD player historically....I know i know...Play some Warzone ETC BUT I'm not a sweaty or anything. Never played Apex, always wanted to and downloaded season 11 last night.

Was going to start grinding on ranked and solo queuing but then found out season 12 is out start of Feb. Is there any point me grinding on season 11 before 12 comes out or should i just wait ? Perhaps a good chance to get used to some of the legends I was looking to use of even getting used to gun mechanics etc.

Literally none of my friends play Apex due to COD, or Tarkov so would be up for joining a few of you online when I'm up to scratch.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
so I'm a COD player historically....I know i know...Play some Warzone ETC BUT I'm not a sweaty or anything.

Never played Apex, always wanted to and downloaded season 11 last night

Was going to start grinding on ranked and solo queuing but then found out season 12 is out start of Feb. Is there any point me grinding on season 11 before 12 comes out or should i just wait ?

Perhaps a good chance to get used to some of the legends I was looking to use of even getting used to gun mechanics etc.

Literally none of my friends play Apex due to COD, or Tarkov so would be up for joining a few of you online when I'm up to scratch.
No harm in you building your rank and getting used to the mechanics of the game and the different legends ready for the new season!

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
It has been updated a lot since then (the sniper you refer to is the Kraber). You now have four maps in total, and Kings Canyon (the original map) has changed several times. More changes to come as Season 12 begins in around 10 days. they also have a ranked system now, so you have the option of either ranked or unranked play.
So which champions have came out since Octane/Watson. And is Pathfinder still the same or has he been reworked at all, cause I bloody loved grappling across the map with him.
Glad to hear they have a ranked system too now. May look to give it another download soon.
I think when I last played there only was Kings Canyon but it was like an updated version of the map from the original. The fact there are now 4 maps is pretty cool. Think I'll give it another try. I always felt the game had loads of potential but felt that it didn't get the support it needed so pleased to see that the developers are still regularly updating it and listening to the community.

so I'm a COD player historically....I know i know...Play some Warzone ETC BUT I'm not a sweaty or anything.

Was going to start grinding on ranked and solo queuing but then found out season 12 is out start of Feb. Is there any point me grinding on season 11 before 12 comes out or should i just wait ?

Perhaps a good chance to get used to some of the legends I was looking to use of even getting used to gun mechanics etc.

Literally none of my friends play Apex and will carry on bumming COD, Tarkov or something else so would be up for joining a few of you online when I'm up to scratch.
I'm also a cod player historically and I loved Apex. Tbh the only Cod I play nowadays is a bit of Warzone and I've probably not played in over a month now as got a bit fed up with it.

I'd say you're better of getting into the game now before the new season so that you can familiarise yourself with the maps/characters/weapons before grinding in season 12. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy this, it really is a very good game.

Does anyone know if it has cross play? I think when I played there was either no cross play or it was only possible between PS4/PC but if I wanted to play with an Xbox player as a PS4 user this wasn't possible. I might be wrong though as my memory sucks

Terry Chango

No harm in you building your rank and getting used to the mechanics of the game and the different legends ready for the new season!
That's what I'm thinking. I'm guessing your rank doesn't carry over and will reset for new season

Bosws87

Best bet is just learning the basics in pubs, theres a pretty steep learning curve in apex and the tutorial teaches you absolutely nothing.

Depending on what platform you play loads of different movement techniques to learn (PC is by far better for movement some things console players just can't do)

Find a legend you like then just hammer that till you get it down then progress from there.

Happy to play with anyone or show them the ropes contrary to what @esmufc07 believed i did not shout at him or expect anyone to be the best player ever :lol:

Terry Chango

So which champions have came out since Octane/Watson. And is Pathfinder still the same or has he been reworked at all, cause I bloody loved grappling across the map with him.
Glad to hear they have a ranked system too now. May look to give it another download soon.
I think when I last played there only was Kings Canyon but it was like an updated version of the map from the original. The fact there are now 4 maps is pretty cool. Think I'll give it another try. I always felt the game had loads of potential but felt that it didn't get the support it needed so pleased to see that the developers are still regularly updating it and listening to the community.

I'm also a cod player historically and I loved Apex. Tbh the only Cod I play nowadays is a bit of Warzone and I've probably not played in over a month now as got a bit fed up with it.

I'd say you're better of getting into the game now before the new season so that you can familiarise yourself with the maps/characters/weapons before grinding in season 12. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy this, it really is a very good game.

Does anyone know if it has cross play
? I think when I played there was either no cross play or it was only possible between PS4/PC but if I wanted to play with an Xbox player as a PS4 user this wasn't possible. I might be wrong though as my memory sucks
I think I'll give it a go and try to get as familiar as possible before new season drops and I'm sure cross play is across all platforms....hopefully

Bosws87

Does anyone know if it has cross play? I think when I played there was either no cross play or it was only possible between PS4/PC but if I wanted to play with an Xbox player as a PS4 user this wasn't possible. I might be wrong though as my memory sucks
Theres loads of champions now been 9 new since the release of Wattson about to be 10 next week.

It has full crossplay obviously if you join a pc players game you have a mix of inputs just like warzone.

Its just miles ahead of warzone put simply the combination of the evo shield system and abilities makes fights a lot more entertaining they can swing both ways and aren't over in 30 seconds.

Terry Chango

Best bet is just learning the basics in pubs, theres a pretty steep learning curve in apex and the tutorial teaches you absolutely nothing.

Depending on what platform you play loads of different movement techniques to learn (PC is by far better for movement some things console players just can't do)

Find a legend you like then just hammer that till you get it down then progress from there.

Happy to play with anyone or show them the ropes contrary to what @esmufc07 believed i did not shout at him or expect anyone to be the best player ever :lol:

Yeh Elvis just messaged me privately saying avoid playing with you at all costs as you are toxic :lol::lol:.....Sounds good and when I feel good enough to not let you down I'll team up

Edit - I'm console

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Don’t worry, you can still grapple with Pathfinder (he’s loads of fun to play with).

Other legends which have been released

Season 1 - Octane
Season 2 - Wattson
Season 3 - Crypto
Season 4 - Revenant
Season 5 - Loba
Season 6 - Rampart
Season 7 - Horizon
Season 8 - Fuse
Season 9 - Valkyrie
Season 10 - Seer
Season 11 - Ash

Grylte

I have played on and off, very casually, since the first week, Pathy is the only one of the original legends i go back to now and then.
The only change i can think of, is that he can't grapple as often as he could in the beginning.
Can't remember when, but they changed his "get the feck out of trouble" ability to the same as the other legends.
Am currently playing one called Loba, not just cause she's sexy, but she is the most similar to Pathfinder.
She can throw her bracelet and move to where it lands, including out of small openings (like windows wihtout glass), and her ultimate is a black market where you can loot 2 items and unlimited amount of ammo that is within its range.
Nice when you get close to the end to put the market up close to a fight and steal the best armour/golden items.
By the way, armour has changed, all armours can be upgraded by dealing damage! You now have white, blue, purple, gold(same as purple, but syringe and shield cell heals double), and red armour, which is the strongest - unless you prefer the better healing gold gives.

Bosws87

Yeh Elvis just messaged me privately saying avoid playing with you at all costs as you are toxic :lol::lol:.....Sounds good and when I feel good enough to not let you down I'll team up

Edit - I'm console
:lol:

Basic tips which are essential maybe search on youtube or just google them if you intend to start grinding rank.

Armor Swapping possibly the most important mechanic in the game get used to it learn what it is, 99.9% of the time its better to quickly swap to a lower shield if its already charged then to sit and recharge your shield using the healing items (you will learn with experience) but this is the mechanic which separates the beginners to the people that know what they are doing.

Doing a finisher on a downed enemy will fill your shields back to full, useful to know alot of people don't take advantage of it when they have the time.

If your a legend who can use beacons use them they are one of the most important tools in the game (same as recon's in warzone show you the position of the next ring) if someone is in your team that can use them try and encourage them to actually use them.

Whenever you are moving and not in a direct gun fight put your weapons away you move faster with no weapons and Apex movement and rotation is king.

Slide then jumping is the fastest way to move there's a certain time limit until you can slide and jump again you will pick it up with time but you want to be doing that every time its possible when traversing the map.

BluesJr

So many new weapons as well since you last played. Completely different game in many ways. There’s also crafting for items and guns (guns next season).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hammerpoint Hop up being available for the RE45 could make it a very attractive secondary weapon. I’d imagine that and an R99 could shred enemies.

Grylte

Hammerpoint Hop up being available for the RE45 could make it a very attractive secondary weapon. I’d imagine that and an R99 could shred enemies.
They would be too similar for my taste, i'd stick with one of them and my trustworthy wingman!
I never use the "shit wepons" even if i know they get good with hopup, there's a barrier or something in my head that stops me from doing it.

Terry Chango

:lol:

Basic tips which are essential maybe search on youtube or just google them if you intend to start grinding rank.

Armor Swapping possibly the most important mechanic in the game get used to it learn what it is, 99.9% of the time its better to quickly swap to a lower shield if its already charged then to sit and recharge your shield using the healing items (you will learn with experience) but this is the mechanic which separates the beginners to the people that know what they are doing.

Doing a finisher on a downed enemy will fill your shields back to full, useful to know alot of people don't take advantage of it when they have the time.

If your a legend who can use beacons use them they are one of the most important tools in the game (same as recon's in warzone show you the position of the next ring) if someone is in your team that can use them try and encourage them to actually use them.

Whenever you are moving and not in a direct gun fight put your weapons away you move faster with no weapons and Apex movement and rotation is king.

Slide then jumping is the fastest way to move there's a certain time limit until you can slide and jump again you will pick it up with time but you want to be doing that every time its possible when traversing the map.
Thanks for the post mate, some great tips that I've looked into. Especially about the shield dynamics. There's certain play styles from COD that do crossover i find but on the same note I've tried some warzone like maneuverers that taught me a lesson in Apex. I like that slide cancel is almost a thing in Apex too.....I'm sure it pisses a lot of people off like it does in Warzone when everyone is sliding across the map. I managed to get on last night for a few hours and got level ten fairly quick.

Quick question. So i unpacked 3 heirloom shards which is allowing me to select an Heirloom (which i've heard is a big thing and I've looked into why so i do get it) However the heirloom selection is between 5 legends i probably wasn't going to use as much as a few others. Therefore, if i don't use the option to use it in season 11 will this option be transferred over to season 12 and i can use my shards to get an heirloom for hopefully a legend i'm looking to use more.

Or should i just select one because the heirloom wont transfer over to season 12 and it therefore doesn't matter...Hopefully this makes sense ! Apologies if not

Bosws87

Thanks for the post mate, some great tips that I've looked into. Especially about the shield dynamics. There's certain play styles from COD that do crossover i find but on the same note I've tried some warzone like maneuverers that taught me a lesson in Apex. I like that slide cancel is almost a thing in Apex too.....I'm sure it pisses a lot of people off like it does in Warzone when everyone is sliding across the map. I managed to get on last night for a few hours and got level ten fairly quick.

Quick question. So i unpacked 3 heirloom shards which is allowing me to select an Heirloom (which i've heard is a big thing and I've looked into why so i do get it) However the heirloom selection is between 5 legends i probably wasn't going to use as much as a few others. Therefore, if i don't use the option to use it in season 11 will this option be transferred over to season 12 and i can use my shards to get an heirloom for hopefully a legend i'm looking to use more.

Or should i just select one because the heirloom wont transfer over to season 12 and it therefore doesn't matter...Hopefully this makes sense ! Apologies if not
The shards will stay my advice would be to find a legend you really like then get it for that legend if it has an heirloom they don't all have them.

just looks cool doesn't actually bring anything to the game, pretty rare though unless you spend some serious cash.

Terry Chango

The shards will stay my advice would be to find a legend you really like then get it for that legend if it has an heirloom they don't all have them.

just looks cool doesn't actually bring anything to the game, pretty rare though unless you spend some serious cash.

Perfect, i'll sit on them then.

I'm just going to grind till season 12 starts then I'll come play some games with you as long as you don't shout at me like you did Elvis.

What legends do you tend to use ?

Bosws87

Perfect, i'll sit on them then.

I'm just going to grind till season 12 starts then I'll come play some games with you as long as you don't shout at me like you did Elvis.

What legends do you tend to use ?
Wraith, Octane and Valkyrie, the first two will be music to @esmufc07 ears, they are genuinely considered the legends the most toxic people play.

I like the movement part of apex too much to use some of the others.

Last edited:

Terry Chango

Wraith, Octane and Valkyrie, the first two will be music to @esmufc07 ears, they are genuinely considered the legends the most toxic people play.

I like the movement part of apex too much to use some of the others.

I do like playing with wraith. Octane looks decent but not unlocked yet as didn’t get chance to get on tonight. bloodhound has done me well too.

However like In COD I enjoy playing for the team win and stick to objectives so would be good to learn them all to suit different scenarios.

I’ll try to get half decent for next season and grab a game or two with you.

The movement part is definitely something I need to learn more about and take advantage off. I’ve had a couple of games where my aim was beaming compared to my opponent but due to map knowledge and movement I got wrecked.

Looking forward to getting on new season from the start.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Got a victory with some random Greek streamer, quite fun to see from two different POV's

His Pov

Also managed to produce this monstrosity in the very same game at the beginning, dunno what it is with the rhythm of the rampage but sometimes i just can't hit anything :lol:

Glad to see that aim trainer you were smashing all lockdown has done you wonders mate.

Squad kills - 14. Kills for @Bosws87? 1 :smirk:

@Redlambs will love that 2nd clip :lol:

EDIT: Wait, your 1 kill in that game was the guy you killed in the 2nd clip after missing all your bullets from 2 different guns? :lol:

To be fair, I respect you for posting a video that isn't you dicking on Bronze players & bots in Halo.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Really annoys me that this doesn't have mouse and keyboard on console. I know I'm the weirdo for having that setup and it's a niche, but since trying it on COD I just can't play a first person shooter with controller, despite 15 years of doing so.

I haven't got a gaming PC and even if I did, my mates all play on console and this doesn't have cross-play / cross-input right? I don't really play solo or with randoms.

It's right up my street. Absolutely loved titanfall and gutted there isn't a 3rd coming. This would scratch that itch.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Got a victory with some random Greek streamer, quite fun to see from two different POV's

His Pov

Also managed to produce this monstrosity in the very same game at the beginning, dunno what it is with the rhythm of the rampage but sometimes i just can't hit anything :lol:

That lifeline felt so sorry for you she stopped shooting :lol:

Grylte

Really annoys me that this doesn't have mouse and keyboard on console. I know I'm the weirdo for having that setup and it's a niche, but since trying it on COD I just can't play a first person shooter with controller, despite 15 years of doing so.

I haven't got a gaming PC and even if I did, my mates all play on console and this doesn't have cross-play / cross-input right? I don't really play solo or with randoms.

It's right up my street. Absolutely loved titanfall and gutted there isn't a 3rd coming. This would scratch that itch.
I've been an FPS player since Quake 1 in what... the mid 90s?
About 8 years ago i lived a place where after i signed the contract, found out there was no internet, so i had to get a wireless thing.
My PC didn't like the wireless, so i got myself a PS4 and decided to try to get good at FPS on console, i mean, how hard can it be? :lol:
I did improve and get alright, i felt, after playing some singleplayer BF, but when i tried multiplayer, i realized that every person i meet online, have most likely only played on console, and there's no way i will catch up with them when i'm in my mid 30s(then).
Luckily Fifa, Rocket league, and some Telltale games could satisfy my gaming needs.
Anyhow... what kind of thumbs do kids who have played FPS on console for 15-20 years have? I just can't imagine how bent and fecked up it must be :lol:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
About 8 years ago i lived a place where after i signed the contract, found out there was no internet, so i had to get a wireless thing.
My PC didn't like the wireless, so i got myself a PS4 and decided to try to get good at FPS on console, i mean, how hard can it be? :lol:
I did improve and get alright, i felt, after playing some singleplayer BF, but when i tried multiplayer, i realized that every person i meet online, have most likely only played on console, and there's no way i will catch up with them when i'm in my mid 30s(then).
Luckily Fifa, Rocket league, and some Telltale games could satisfy my gaming needs.
Anyhow... what kind of thumbs do kids who have played FPS on console for 15-20 years have? I just can't imagine how bent and fecked up it must be :lol:
I have normal thumbs and i've been playing fps games since the ps1 era.

Bosws87

There is some disgustingly good people on controller now if i didn't tell you they were using a controller you wouldn't believe it

https://www.twitch.tv/genburten/clip/DependableInspiringBorkPeteZaroll

They should allow Tap strafing on controller with a patch it adds so much to the movement of Apex, they were intending to get rid of it, but they found it basically broke the engine so it will be staying in the game. So controller players should be allowed to use it also.

I never thought we would reach a point where the two inputs can compete with each other on a relatively even scale.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Glad to see that aim trainer you were smashing all lockdown has done you wonders mate.

Squad kills - 14. Kills for @Bosws87? 1 :smirk:

@Redlambs will love that 2nd clip :lol:

EDIT: Wait, your 1 kill in that game was the guy you killed in the 2nd clip after missing all your bullets from 2 different guns? :lol:

To be fair, I respect you for posting a video that isn't you dicking on Bronze players & bots in Halo.
:lol: Great tag mate! I appreciate that one ;)

@Bosws87 all jokes aside, have you ever thought about trying Tarkov? Might be something different to get your teeth into.

Bosws87

:lol: Great tag mate! I appreciate that one ;)

@Bows87 all jokes aside, have you ever thought about trying Tarkov? Might be something different to get your teeth into.
Hey we all whiff shots, i'm just not scared to show it.

You know i bought it downloaded it months ago and never even played it i started watching videos on it and decided it was just too much hard work to get my head round it playing solo and uninstalled it :lol: