Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
New season soon. New legend is called Newcastle.

Kind of wish they’d get rid of weapons in the crafting machine. That’s the Longbow, Flatline, G7 Scout, Spitfire and Volt off the ground in games. Feels like too many?

Kind of wish they’d get rid of weapons in the crafting machine. That’s the Longbow, Flatline, G7 Scout, Spitfire and Volt off the ground in games. Feels like too many?
I find it super refreshing that they change the weapons around. Keeps a decent flow in the weapon meta without being super drastic.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I find it super refreshing that they change the weapons around. Keeps a decent flow in the weapon meta without being super drastic.
I don’t mind the care package ones and I agree it’s nice for the rotation, I just feel adding two more to the crafting system is a bit overkill?
Still love the game, mind.

I don’t mind the care package ones and I agree it’s nice for the rotation, I just feel adding two more to the crafting system is a bit overkill?
Still love the game, mind.
Hmm I haven't thought of it as overkill yet. I mean, the Flatline is a neat weapon for sure but I haven't felt like pumping mats into crafting it yet. the R's, CAR and Alternator does it for me too. And I personally rarely play with DMRs or snipers.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Was pretty disappointed returning this season to see so many guns off the ground. Feels like I'm running R301 and Wingman every game. The Rampage is essentially just a watered down Spitfire, think next season they should swap them around and amp up the Rampage. The fact you can only pick up 2 ARs off the ground in a Battle Royale, one of them being a burst, is a bit of a joke. Have they actually even released another AR since the game began? Feels like we've basically had only the Flatline, R301 or the Hemlok since Beta.

Was pretty disappointed returning this season to see so many guns off the ground. Feels like I'm running R301 and Wingman every game. The Rampage is essentially just a watered down Spitfire, think next season they should swap them around and amp up the Rampage. The fact you can only pick up 2 ARs off the ground in a Battle Royale, one of them being a burst, is a bit of a joke. Have they actually even released another AR since the game began? Feels like we've basically had only the Flatline, R301 or the Hemlok since Beta.
Yeah, they haven't added any ARs if I remember correctly. Was the Havoc in the game at launch? Can't remember. I think there's a decent variation you can use. I like to main either of the R's, or the CAR and then have a PK, Mastiff or Wingman on the side. Alternator is a decent main gun too.

Also, it's a bit sad how I bad my luck is with heirloom shards. Have played since launch and still haven't seen one. And I have two accounts.

That was me up until two weeks ago. Unlocked Bloodhound’s.
Oh man, big congrats!

I'm torn between Bloodhound and Octane if I get it on main account. Both have been my go to legends in lots of seasons although Seer has been my main last few seasons.

If I get it on my alt account it can be no other than Gibby.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Needed 72 points to get to diamond rank. Last game of the season. Down to the last two squads but I hadn’t killed anyone by that point so my score was something like +65. Manage to down a Gibraltar but then I get downed too. Desperate for the kill. Shout at my team mate to come finish him off if he can and he came swooping round and killed him. +80 and into Diamond Rank with the last game of the season. Felt like an Aguero moment tbf.

I don't like Storm Point one bit. Also the new Ranked format is brutal. Getting Diamond this season seems impossible.

Macern

Pee pee pants
So after spending 95% of my gaming time over the past 20 years playing FIFA, I decided to sell my PS5 and buy a gaming PC about a month ago. Living with my younger brother and we've been smoking joints and playing this game almost every day for a while now. I'm obsessed. Just got Valkyrie and love that character. If anyone are good and have any tips for a shite-ish bronze player then I'd appreciate it.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
So after spending 95% of my gaming time over the past 20 years playing FIFA, I decided to sell my PS5 and buy a gaming PC about a month ago. Living with my younger brother and we've been smoking joints and playing this game almost every day for a while now. I'm obsessed. Just got Valkyrie and love that character. If anyone are good and have any tips for a shite-ish bronze player then I'd appreciate it.
Haven't played in a few weeks, but i'll carry you for a cheeseburger, fries and strawberry millshake :lol:

Grylte

Anyhow… i think they changed the RP system, so the later you die the more RP you get.
I think kills matters less than they used to, which is something i love, cause i hate dropping hot in every game and spending more time in lobby than actually playing.

Some try to fight as much as possible to get better, personally i prefer the "get the feck out of here" legends, so i can get out of trouble and pick my fights. Always preferred playing smart over yolo.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Haven't played in a few weeks, but i'll carry you for a cheeseburger, fries and strawberry millshake :lol:
If you carry me to platinum I'll bring my brother to that restaurant/bar thing you're running, he spends money like a madman when out drinking.
Anyhow… i think they changed the RP system, so the later you die the more RP you get.
I think kills matters less than they used to, which is something i love, cause i hate dropping hot in every game and spending more time in lobby than actually playing.

Some try to fight as much as possible to get better, personally i prefer the "get the feck out of here" legends, so i can get out of trouble and pick my fights. Always preferred playing smart over yolo.
Yeah agreed I find it boring to jump in where everyone goes, but going too far away to loot for 15 minutes and then get fecked isn't really enjoyable either. We tend to drop somewhere close to where everyone are fighting it out and then 3rd party after a quick looting session.

Grylte

Yeah agreed I find it boring to jump in where everyone goes, but going too far away to loot for 15 minutes and then get fecked isn't really enjoyable either. We tend to drop somewhere close to where everyone are fighting it out and then 3rd party after a quick looting session.
Loba is very good for this, she is one of my favourites. Can see pink and gold through walls, and when it's working as intended, can get the feck out with her bracelet - love doing it through windows.

Yeah, relatively close and then go for 3rd party is very nice. There's a couple good spots especially on World's Edge. Valkyrie is very good for this playstyle aswell.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm a Diamond Valk main. My first advice would be to watch the recently concluded ALGS Championship highlights, especially of this pro called sweetdreams. I think you learn most when you watch the pros.

With Valk, make sure you take heights in 3v3 and communicate info to your teammates. Your ult is the most powerful weapon in the game - find a safe spot and redploy early to zone or out of a bad fight and you can hard reset. Carry arcs, and always use a shotgun for your non primary.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout

The new RP system makes it very difficult to rank up. You need both placements and kills, and you are rewarded for your teammates' kills as well, so comms are important. I play ranked in a three stack, but I doubt we'll hit diamond again anytime soon.

Getting a hang of how to take isolated fights is also far more important now, since every other player and their dog in the lobby will want to third party you instantly if you're not isolated.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I'm a Diamond Valk main. My first advice would be to watch the recently concluded ALGS Championship highlights, especially of this pro called sweetdreams. I think you learn most when you watch the pros.

With Valk, make sure you take heights in 3v3 and communicate info to your teammates. Your ult is the most powerful weapon in the game - find a safe spot and redploy early to zone or out of a bad fight and you can hard reset. Carry arcs, and always use a shotgun for your non primary.
Thanks, I'll definitely check that out. Why should I carry arcs and use a shotgun secondary?

I'm pretty shit so I tend to forget using grenades in the heat of the moment, but working on that. I should probably also try and exploit height a bit more.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Why should I carry arcs and use a shotgun secondary?
Valk helps you take angles. Like flying on top of roofs, rocks, or on the other side of a truck. You use these angles to create openings in fights, which means you deal first damage (like a cracked shield) to a player or two, and your teammates push in while the opponents are still out of position and popping cells or batteries. One great way of doing this is with arc stars. Fly up to the window, throw an arc in. Missile Swarm the cover they're hiding behind, and while they're slowed from your damage, stick one with an arc star.

Much like Wraith, the game play is to deal first damage and hopefully get a knock, and then get out of the fight to heal if needed while your teammates push in. Once you're back in the second time - it's just a matter of dealing enough damage up close, and nothing does that better than a shotgun. If you were still on console, I'd have said take a CAR or an R99 to use the aim-assist, but you get wrist flicks instead which do well for a PK or a Mastiff. As a Valk, you have to start fights and clean up kills.

Grylte

it's just a matter of dealing enough damage up close, and nothing does that better than a shotgun.
:lol:
You haven't seen me with the shotgun, mate!

It's a strange one for me, when i played Quake 3, i was pretty good with the railgun, but give me a shotgun from 2 meters on a sitting target, and i'll empty the mag without scratching him!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Vantage is the most fun I’ve had in a while on this game.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Just started playing this a few days ago. Massive learning curve but very fun.

Do we have a caf squad that I can play with?

ArjenIsM3

Anyone still playing this? New season just came out. Updated map, new legend, new ranked system, weapon leveling, etc.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone still playing this? New season just came out. Updated map, new legend, new ranked system, weapon leveling, etc.
Yeah, I used to be a Master player but I've been an absolute disaster on this new season. Having a lot of fun though.

ArjenIsM3

Yeah approaching 9k games now - glad King's Canyon and World's Edge are back. Not a huge fan of Stormpoint, probably my least favourite map.
Wow that's a massive amount, I've got nowhere near that. Only been playing for a few seasons. This season I've mostly been using a combination of R301/Nemesis/Hemlok and Volt/R99. And I mainly play Fuse and Loba. I've no idea what's good at the moment so I welcome any advice :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Every character is good in their own way but I generally opt for Bloodhound/Lifeline who are both very useful. The ability to be able to revive a teammate whilst continuing to fight is a game changer towards the end game I find and it's saved us quite a lot.

Generally I like to go with R301/G7 Scout combo, though I find I am better with the Volt recently. I wish I could master the Wingman but it's just too difficult for me :lol:

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Play very often, watch even more often.

The new L-Star seems broken, even for a package weapon. Don't know what to feel about the new champ, yet. And ranked is a mess. This pro player/streamer called sweetdreams hit zero to pred in 50 games, with 0 dmg. Just to prove a point that the new ranked incentivizes campers.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Yeah, I used to be a Master player but I've been an absolute disaster on this new season. Having a lot of fun though.
Okay, I am hard stuck on Diamond, so Master is pretty cool. I am best with R301/Pk. But I end up playing wingman a lot because it's one of the most satisfying weapons in the game.

I am a Valk main, can play Bloodhound and Seer as well.

ArjenIsM3

Anyone still play? Still the best BR by far.
Yeah still play on pc sometimes. Got to diamond last season despite missing half of it so that went alright but now they've made it much harder to rank up. Too hard in my opinion. Played some at the start of this season but since I picked up Red Dead Redemption 2 on pc (meant having to start over because it doesn't support crossplay with Xbox) I haven't played anymore. Still somewhere on the edge of bronze and silver now I think. Was mostly focussed on unlocking Revenant with the new challenges. The total damage one takes a long time, especially when you mostly play ranked BR. Do you still play then?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah still play on pc sometimes. Got to diamond last season despite missing half of it so that went alright but now they've made it much harder to rank up. Too hard in my opinion. Played some at the start of this season but since I picked up Red Dead Redemption 2 on pc (meant having to start over because it doesn't support crossplay with Xbox) I haven't played anymore. Still somewhere on the edge of bronze and silver now I think. Was mostly focussed on unlocking Revenant with the new challenges. The total damage one takes a long time, especially when you mostly play ranked BR. Do you still play then?
I still play yeah.

Ranked needs a request. Far too many points awarded for your placement and not enough for kills. So encourages people to camp and avoid fighting.

Was playing earlier and there were still 8 teams the final ring.