AranchaMOBILE: Carlo Ancelotti has an offer to manage Man United

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregwar

"Absolute bollocks that. Absolute nonsense."

They're about three weeks late for this to get any traction ffs. Amateurs.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Not surprised. Since SAF we have exclusively hired total frauds or washed up blokes.

Thom Merrilin

He's a top 5 manager in the world for me. It'd be silly to turn him down, I don't believe it for a second though. But we can always dream.

ti vu

Exactly the worst time for unsettling news.

We could technically go out of the Champions league and be confirmed to fail to qualify in 3rd for Europa tomorrow night if we lose and Copenhagen beat Bayern (unlikely) which could see them wanting to pull the trigger and sack Tem Hag.

I just think this is spinning rubbish to gain clicks ahead of the Champions league games this week.
I don't think Ancelotti would just randomly resign from RM mid season.

It makes sense that the new "boss" would have to be proactive and explore option for next season in case thing crashing down this season, or the project stagnate under ETH. You don't wait until season end to start an alternative plan because it may mean the potential candidate may be picked up by a NT, or other clubs. Ancelotti contract situation is a potential easier option IF action's required for next season.

Yakuza_devils

We need to change upstairs people first. No point changing manager now. By his 2nd season, we will again lost all directions and play counter attacking football bypassing entire midfield if our football structure remains the same.

We will be again signing Kane on big money when he turns 32 and then surprised that he is on his last legs.

The United

Now it makes more sense.

I'm a bit conflicted about this, the majority of Madrid fans want him gone and usually when Madrid fans want anyone gone it's bad for the next club in line.
That has been totally true for us so far.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a top 5 manager in the world for me. It'd be silly to turn him down, I don't believe it for a second though. But we can always dream.
He suits a certain type of club / situation. Not the man to fix a broken mess imo.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Outstanding manager and seems like a smart man. Wouldn't touch this poisoned club with a barge pole. Let ETH and manutd completely destroy one another so we can rebuild it from the ashes.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The problem with AranchaMOBILE is that they don't have a news for desktop version.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He might look like an Italian mafia boss at Real Madrid but if he comes here he'd be seen as an Italian waiter, his job is to wait until the players don't like his methods and stop trying.

Rojofiam

Hope it isn't true. Exactly the type of appointment we should be avoiding.

KeanoMagicHat

It's funny to see people saying 'please no' about one of the best managers in the world, but also this story is definitely absolute bollocks, he's either staying at Real Madrid and looking to negotiate a better contract or he's going to Brazil.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s obviously a good manager, but wouldn’t this be a bit of a backwards step? I thought he was another one of your ‘go out and play’ managers who’s main role is keeping the dressing room ticking over and managing egos? After going from Moyes to Van Gaal to Jose to Ole to Ten Hag, we’d just be wheel spinning if we decide to do yet another 180.

Ten Hag is building something, and this team needs actual coaching. Let him see it through.

RoyH1

It's funny to see people saying 'please no' about one of the best managers in the world, but also this story is definitely absolute bollocks, he's either staying at Real Madrid and looking to negotiate a better contract or he's going to Brazil.
This. Great man manager who's won almost everywhere he's been. Baffled that people react so strongly against him as if he was some fraud or a man without a record. But it's a moot point to speculate because he's either staying in Madrid or managing Brazil

Socratic

Ancelotti's agent doing the usual agent thing and touting Utd to drum up interest. Saudi will give him a nice payday if he doesn't want the Ireland job....

Xabi Alonso must be inbound in the summer.

Yakuza_devils

Top 5 manager or not, he doesn't stand a chance here with our players. The players will complain about double training sessions, going home in the dark, refuse to run and press, cant string 2 passes together, play like complete stranger and need holidays during the football season to clear headspace and whatnot.

Let's change the DOF, football structure and culture before appointing another manager.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He’s obviously a good manager, but wouldn’t this be a bit of a backwards step? I thought he was another one of your ‘go out and play’ managers who’s main role is keeping the dressing room ticking over and managing egos? After going from Moyes to Van Gaal to Jose to Ole to Ten Hag, we’d just be wheel spinning if we decide to do yet another 180.
I think that's an oversimplification. Ancelotti is a good manager and understands tactics, he played for and then worked under Arrigo Sacchi. But he believes in adapting the playing style to the qualities of the attacking players, and giving them freedom.

For example, here are two quotes of his from September.

I think the mistake that new generation coaches make is that they give too much information about the system on the ball. I think old school coaches like me prefer not to give too much information and allow freedom for creativity. I give instructions off the ball.
Every system has a weakness. The rhombus system isn’t perfect, it lets us press higher and be more energetic to recover the ball and we’ve done that very well in almost every game. But the weakness is that it leaves you out of position because the interior midfielders can’t recover in time and we need to work on that and with time we will.
And then November:

The system is a debate. We’ve changed the system, we have defended with two lines of four which is different to the diamond we had in pre-season. Now, Bellingham is much more on the left. We’ve defended well and had many clean sheets and been solid. Choosing between one system or another with the ball is difficult, sometimes you start with two or three behind the ball, it depends where Rodrygo goes or where Bellingham goes. Without the ball, it’s 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.