Arda Güler | Real Madrid player

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
On separate note Do you think could Amad be developed into such player or does he not have attributes for it.
In theory? Yes. Amad possesses a lot of comparable attributes, has experience with various attacking midfield roles, and shows a lot of intelligence in terms of arriving at simple solutions with an innate sense for combination play (instead of complicating things while trying to do too many dang things on his own, and getting flustered).
On Amad's versatility, Mowbray, speaking back in March, said: "I've been trying to say to you the ball isn't a problem to him. He can play wide, he can play inside, he can play deep. I think he can play centre-midfield for us in the Championship, you know. Just give him the ball and he very rarely loses it. Yet we generally put Roberts really wide and play Amad just inside him. We've had huge success down the right-hand side of the pitch with those two linking and playing with each other, people running off the back of the two of them and sliding people in. It’s very profitable for us. He is versatile. I see United games, I watch a lot of football, and Bruno [Fernandes] plays a bit of everywhere, off the right sometimes, inside as a 10 or as a running 8, he can play deep and link the midfield up. Amad is a similar type of footballer."
But there will be an adaptation period as he comes to grips with a defined role at a higher level (mentally and physically), and we will have to be patient (unfortunately, patience can be elusive in the elite rungs as even minor blips can seal the fate of managers and coaches (and others in the sporting sector)).

gajender

And we can only have a small squad not a pool of thousands of players if we chased every single player out there as some would have us do
Agreed Infact I would even argue that you can't even accuse United of not doing the things most posters want us to do in terms of recruitment within reason of course .

It's just that everything is seen within the scope of success and failure , so United being not so successful means we must be doing everything wrong .

Hughes35

Looks talented. A bit of an Ozil vibe?

However, he looks like a number 10 to me and I don't think we really need one

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
Apparently Ajax made an official offer.
Rumoured that Liverpool is no longer interested because the player's father is demanding excessive sums of money and then upping the demands every time they are met. Ajax seems to be of the same opinion and supposedly no longer interested either.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Rumoured that Liverpool is no longer interested because the player's father is demanding excessive sums of money and then upping the demands every time they are met. Ajax seems to be of the same opinion and supposedly no longer interested either.
It's a typical summer gossip transfer this. One moment he's on pole position to join Ajax, the next moment there isn't even contact between the club and player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Real and Barca battling it out for him at the moment...

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Set to join Real Madrid according to solid sources.

Is he really that good?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Is he really that good?
For 20M, that's a no brainer. I wonder if they're going to loan him out or if he'll stay in Madrid. Would not be great to go from Fenerbahce's first team to Real B team...

RoyH1

Must admit that I had never heard of the player until some Barsa fans blew up in Twitter because he had apparently snubbed them for Real Madrid. 20 million euro seems like a bargain in this market and makes me wonder why we are rarely linked to players like this.

For 20M, that's a no brainer. I wonder if they're going to loan him out or if he'll stay in Madrid. Would not be great to go from Fenerbahce's first team to Real B team...
Probably a loan to another Spanish team

saik

One day I wish we sign one of these FM wonderkids. Real Madrid signed Camavinga, Bellingham and this guy just in the last couple of years.

I think the closest we got was to signing Sesko last year until he decided to snub us and stay in the RB pipeline and move to Leipzig. Really hope the Højlund rumours are true and we do end up signing him this window.

flameinthesun

One day I wish we sign one of these FM wonderkids. Real Madrid signed Camavinga, Bellingham and this guy just in the last couple of years.

I think the closest we got was to signing Sesko last year until he decided to snub us and stay in the RB pipeline and move to Leipzig. Really hope the Højlund rumours are true and we do end up signing him this window.
Would Amad count as one?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Arsenal will be signing him in 2 years time.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Great young talent, it’s a shame he just ruined his career going to Madrid where I highly doubt he will get a sniff in that squad.
Reminds me of what happened to Odegaard granted credit to him he was able to turn it around.

Should have gone to a club that would properly develop him and then move to a big league at 20.

Biting off more then he can chew at the moment.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
We lost four attackers this season though. Benzema, Asensio, Hazard and Mariano.

So far only Brahim and Joselu are back. I don't particularly rate Brahim and Joselu is just your classical backup 9.

Midfield is very overcrowded though, I think someone might leave.

In the worst of cases if he turns to be an Odegaard, it's a very good deal for the club. Also the experience with young players is not bad lately (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, Camavinga).

We'll see.

saik

Would Amad count as one?
I didn't know of him until we signed him. I hear all the names now like this guy, Endrick, Vitor Roque, Moukoko, Angelo(heard Chelsea is about to sign him), Gvardiol, Camavinga, Szoboz guy, even the Joao Neves guy we are linked (not sure how credible the links are) were/are all highly rated in the game prior to their moves.

If anything, Amad was slightly underrated by the game; probably due to that unsuccessful loan spell at Rangers and only got a buff this Jan after his good showing in Championship.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Is he really that good?
Oh come on.

Tifo just popped on my feed saying he’s claimed to be the next Messi. And based on clips - he looks a special talent indeed. Madrid are hoarding them.

RoyH1

We lost four attackers this season though. Benzema, Asensio, Hazard and Mariano.

So far only Brahim and Joselu are back. I don't particularly rate Brahim and Joselu is just your classical backup 9.

Midfield is very overcrowded though, I think someone might leave.

In the worst of cases if he turns to be an Odegaard, it's a very good deal for the club. Also the experience with young players is not bad lately (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, Camavinga).

We'll see.
Yes, that midfield is insanely crowded. Modric, Kroos, Ceballos, Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham. Wouldn't surprise me if you sell one. Granted Kroos and Modric are probably gone in the summer of 24.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Don't think he's ready to be deployed on a Real starting 11 yet. Let's see what plans do Real have for him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Very excited about this signing. Super talented, young and with the inevitable comparison to our beloved Ozil.
I wasn't expecting this signing but I'm glad they are adding more individual technique to the midfield.
In press conference he has assured that he will not go on loan.
Different presentation because he made a mistake and stood for a few minutes next to the president while he spoke. Also, if the translation was correct, he thanked Di Stefano :lol:

GeneralKenobi

Very excited about this signing. Super talented, young and with the inevitable comparison to our beloved Ozil.
I wasn't expecting this signing but I'm glad they are adding more individual technique to the midfield.
In press conference he has assured that he will not go on loan.
Different presentation because he made a mistake and stood for a few minutes next to the president while he spoke. Also, if the translation was correct, he thanked Di Stefano :lol:
He had a bit of a slip there. You could tell the kid was very nervous.

When it came his turn to speak, Pérez stood next to him as well, so as to share the blunder with him. Pérez really is great in these little details.

He mentioned Di Stéfano again in the press conference according to the translation. Might have to do with today being his death anniversary, don't know.

Oranges038

I kind of like the way Real do this kind of business. Go out buy a young talent, if it doesn't work get rid and go find someone else.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm guessing they'll send him back on loan? He doesn't seem quite ready to be compete in their first team and he's too good to be sent to the B team.

Lee565

Worse case scenario for madrid is they loan him out a few times and make double their money back on him like they have with other young stars

OmarUnited4ever

We have few young promising talents like Garnacho, Amad, Pellistri and Mainoo, you may even include Hannibal too, the idea is not to just sign them and hope for the best ...there has to be a development plan for them...

Recently Madrid did well with Vini & Rodrygo, Camavinga came in an established players with plenty of first team experience, so did Bellingham, but there are also few questions marks about other young players they bought like Renieri it doesn't always work and Guler is still unproven but a good signing for the future at a relatively reasonable fee

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Madrid do not have scope to accommodate and develop all these young players.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Madrid do not have scope to accommodate and develop all these young players.
Aye, if they get Mbappe then it’s game over for most of these young attackers, albeit they still have quite the lure (along with Barca) meaning they won’t kick up a fuss in the first few years - and even if they did leave (like Odegaard), you feel that the moment Real comes calling again, these players would jump at the opportunity.

Especially if they’re sold on at a profit with some sort of buyback option. Solid strategy versus competing against the PL money for establish stars/signings all the time. It’s massively been helped by having that 3-peat core together for so long, of course.

Dazzmondo

I've only seen highlight packages of him but he looks very special in them tbh. I've never seen highlight packages with such consistently excellent long passes in particular. He has very good close control too. Maybe not that quick if there was one potential flaw from the bits I've seen but that's not an issue for elite players. Will be interesting to see how he develops with Real. They didn't do a great job with Odegaard but they've been very successful with both Vini and Rodrygo.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In the last few days he seems to leave a nice detail in every training session. Obviously we will have to see if he gets minutes and if this is reflected on the pitch, but it is impossible not to be excited about this technical level :drool:

zaafi

In the last few days he seems to leave a nice detail in every training session. Obviously we will have to see if he gets minutes and if this is reflected on the pitch, but it is impossible not to be excited about this technical level :drool:
You really have a gem on your hands. Every now and then there is a talent that shows up who inevitably is going to be a star, and now it's him. Honestly don't understand how not every single top club was after him.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.