Are Bruno and Rashford a problem?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah because the likes of Antony, Holjund, Garnacho, Martial, Van De Beek and Sancho are so good and will make us into a good team again.

This place has a weird fixation with our better players needing to be dropped. Was the same with Pogba. Shaw and Martial for a while under Mourinho. Guess what? Them being dropped didn't make us better.
Get rid of all of them as well besides probably Garnacho and Hojlund. Just because two prominent players are issues doesn’t mean the rest are saviors.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That is one conclusion you could reach. The alternative diagnosis is that our backups to these two are not an improvement, so it doesn't matter who plays, who is coaching them, and what system they're playing. I think the fact we scored 57 & 58 goals during the last two seasons answers this question. These two may be our best but they aren't good enough and neither are our other players.
Exactly. Both coaching and personnel are awful at worst and flawed at best. It’s been high time for a fire sale and deep cleaning of the entire changing room.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Bruno can be so brilliant one time and so frustrating the next. It's tiresome watching them pass it around, trying to find an opening and him just hoofing it out of the stadium. But I wouldn't call him a problem. He makes stupid decisions, but effort isn't the issue. Rashford on the other hand looks like he couldn't be bothered this season. No effort, no communication, head hanging low at all times..

Maybe we should only hand out 1 year deals, seems like that's when players finally take it seriously :lol:

glasgow 21

RASHFORD will score 5 goals in the last few matches of the season and there will be a line of folk on here criticising all who were calling him out. It's the United way. We are failing fast and need a total reset no matter how hard it is.

Roboc7

There are very few players that aren’t a problem, the vast majority of the squad benefit by not playing as people forget how poor they are.

wolvored

Bruno not the problem. Play him in McTom position and play 2 deeper lying midfielders, Amrabat/Casemiro/Mainoo. McTom is better as an impact sub to score late goals when he is fresh against a weary defence, as he has proven. Bruno was superb when he arrived and should play the AM position.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
They may be "a" problem but _the_ problem is that Glazers have run as like shit and have bankrupted us.

Realistically we need to get rid of most of our players except for our young talent (Garnacho, Hojlund, Mainoo etc) and maybe keep Luke Shaw and AWB (personal opinion, you may disagree)

But we cannot. We really cannot. To get rid of everybody else we need to replace them with something decent. We don't have money to do that if we just terminate 20 players. We need to sell players we need to get rid of, and sell them to more than peanuts so we fan survive financial fair play in replacing them. And herein lies the problem: WE CANNOT SELL PLAYERS WE DONT WANT.

Nobody wants them!!!

And even worse, we have given them very high salaries so they also have no desire to go

We are FECKED

Beans

Supports
Neutral
United were good on the counter, but it was nothing you’d want to watch. They’re about 9 players away from having a first 11 on par with the top teams. So few have elite touch and control.

Judas

Open to offers
United were good on the counter, but it was nothing you’d want to watch. They’re about 9 players away from having a first 11 on par with the top teams. So few have elite touch and control.
This is what hurts. Such a poor group of players technically, how is this a Utd side? Miles off where we need to be, the quality of this group is so bad.

Idxomer

Both are hit and hope footballers.

They are so bad defensively too though in different ways.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bruno is the most overrated player in our history. He’s not very good. Rashford is capable of being phenomenal and phenomenally shite in equal measure

edgecutter

Bruno is the most overrated player in our history. He’s not very good. Rashford is capable of being phenomenal and phenomenally shite in equal measure
Bruno has never been this poor before. Rashford needs shown the door this summer, constantly has poor spells for this team.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
They were truly awful in the first half. Would be causing 4 or 5 up if they could pick a pass

Robbie Boy

The answer is still a resounding yes, but both have their little fan clubs who'll blame everyone bar these two.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

I’ve always wondered whether Mount was bought with a view that ETH preferred a player like him to Bruno. I’d think Mount would be a bit more conservative with passes and be more about ball retention and managing games through midfield control.

Bruno never seems to shift out of ‘quarterback trying to get winning touchdown’ mode.

Based Adnan

You don't win anything of note in modern football if you're not capable of taking care of the football

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bruno has never been this poor before. Rashford needs shown the door this summer, constantly has poor spells for this team.
Eh…He’s been shite all season, he was mediocre last season and the season before that under Ole then Ragnick he was an utter disaster also. He’s been shite mostly since his first 12 months at the club week in week out.

binary bot
At a point in their careers where getting a fee, losing their wages and signing younger replacements would be smart business.

Born2Lose

AKA can you think of a better use of over £500k per week.

Rashford must be on more than Garnacho and Hjoland combined. Joke.

OldSchoolManc

These two are the main reason United are towards the bottom of goal scoring teams. Unbelievably wasteful and awful decision making

atkar83

You can't build a winning, or challenging team with these two in the lineup. Far too inconsistent and act like possession is easy to come by so they'll half ass passes or shots all the time, even though it drains the team trying to gain possession back over and over.

lilcurt

Rashford is the bigger problem of the two.

The question I ask myself, when you consider a team that could challenge for the league and in Europe, are they in it?

For me the answer is "no" to the both of them. They don't take care of the ball and seemingly lack an instinct to manage the game. In Rashford's case I would also add that he doesn't work hard enough.

Given their ages, wages and our FFP position. I wouldn't be angry if we cashed in on both. They won't be here when we win anything again (like many other admittedly). Between the two it's probably £130m in sale value plus 600k week wages saved, with that money you would get better replacements for sure.

The Substitute

Supposed to be our star players in their prime age of their positions.
IF anyone claims their not a problem, it's due to sentimental bs bias.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The new club directors will have big decisions to make if good offers come in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saudi put in a cheeky bid for Fernandes. He'll be 30 this year and could be tempted by a grand pay day.

El Jefe

Just think of if we had two Mainoo’s as CM’s with a DM who had legs rather than Bruno the false midfielder running up and down deserting his position.

Rashford is just one-dimensional as it gets, he had his purple patch and have years of evidence to know what his true level is.

B-/C+ tier players shouldn’t define the way we play.

Chairman Steve

Bruno’s got two years left on his contract come the end of the season and he’ll be 30 this year. I don’t think it’s crazy to contemplate selling if a good offer comes in.

midou

It is the perfect time to get good money for both and re-invest in targets identified by the new leadership, their value is only going down from here.

They are both high-profile players who take a large part of the wage budget and 2 places of the starting 11 whenever they are fit, but ultimately very unreliable and lack composure which are the main reasons why we do not have any style of play.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
They are both too direct. Not great when teams are compact. Both are extremely wasteful. At least Bruno really gives it everything. Both are inclined to lose their heads in different ways over the course of 90mins.

If we really want to turn the screw and play smarter football then I think we probably need to phase out nearly all the current players eventually.

Von Mistelroum

Currently Bruno is a problem as he's undroppable, but really poor. I do feel he'll come good again but it's been a while now, so needs to be looked at. We'd have been better off with most alternatives in his position ATM, but it won't happen.

Rashford is a huge problem because he's unsellable. No top team would seriously take a player who is only decent every blue moon, and who is generally poor at all the things that a player in his position needs to be able to do. No team at his level (probably mid table at best) would take him either on the wages we put him on.

Pughnichi

I’d sell ‘em both

we’ve had summers before when questions were raised…Ince, Hughes, Kanchelskis

other big players have left and we’ve carried on.

Hard to put a price on it but with wages on top it’d be a saving of circa 150M

Would be interesting to see what the new ownership/staff can do with that money. And we also still have Mount who hasn’t had any semblance of a chance given his injuries

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford was good in the second half.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The wastefulness from a few players, but particularly these two senior players, was very painful to watch. I think we'd be worse off if they disappeared tomorrow but they shouldn't be untouchable when it comes to squad building in the summer.

eire-red

To be honest, Rashford gets a lot of deserved stick but created a lot of dangerous chances and played some brilliant passes in the second half.

Nevertheless, would sell both and replace with Neto and Wirtz in a heartbeat in the summer.

Problem is, we need another CM and a CB as well, so I think it's unlikely we'll see either moved on.

soapythecat

I actually think we could get more from Rashford if we had a more consistent player than Bruno. Bruno loses possession a lot, way too much in fact, and his supply isn’t as good as the stats make out. I’d be happy if both were sold for good offers on the summer.