g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Are our fans quicker to complain than they used to be 10 years ago?

GiveItToGi...nowait

"Just care less guys, football is more enjoyable when you don't give a feck what happens".
Are you saying it would be better for the club, the team and myself if I came on here to piss and moan after every setback?

Of course I care. I want United to win and be involved in big matches and competing for big trophies, however, I have zero influence on the outcome. Be patient, appreciate that not every performance is indicative of the direction the club is going in this season (it is so, so early), remind yourself that this isn't the SAF era and we are competing against a club which has engaged in systematic cheating and be grateful that you get to enjoy watching a premier league team.

Honestly it would do people some good to go and follow some non league football so they can see what real struggle is like.

crossy1686

career ending
Are you saying it would be better for the club, the team and myself if I came on here to piss and moan after every setback?

Of course I care. I want United to win and be involved in big matches and competing for big trophies, however, I have zero influence on the outcome. Be patient, appreciate that not every performance is indicative of the direction the club is going in this season (it is so, so early), remind yourself that this isn't the SAF era and we are competing against a club which has engaged in systematic cheating and be grateful that you get to enjoy watching a premier league team.

Honestly it would do people some good to go and follow some non league football so they can see what real struggle is like.
I’m not saying you should do anything you don’t want to do but coming here and telling people to care less because that’s what you do and it makes you happy isn’t a lecture people want to hear.

I’d suggest that people care the lowest amount they can get away with and still be a fan, it’s still fecking annoying to watch us play shit and lose.

RedOrange

We all have nothing to do with the club in that sense. You talk as if you're the commercial director or something. You're as much a part of the club as a fan that goes to a concert or streams a song is part of the band. Or maybe it's "real fans go to concerts, you're a plastic for just streaming it online" if we want to go all in to the: 'Are we fecking four years old or something?' territory. All this shite PR men have been pumping into your head for donkeys years. The club makes fans think they're part of it to get them to part with their money. They don't have a separate pile for the funds you give them.

"This comes from RedOrange, we'll put income we get from him over in this pile, because he's part of the club"

You're no different from any other fan. If you don't turn up theyre not stopping the match going ahead. Fans are an important part of the club in the whole sense, not individually. The only distinction between you and someone who watches a game on television from the far east and spends 6 hours a day on RedCafe is that one guy knows the club doesn't give a feck about him or even knows he exists, the other is labouring under a hilarious delusion of grandeur that he's part of the club.

Fantastic attempt to Top Red the subject though.
I guess that wikipedia definition of narcissism touched a nerve for you. We can pretend like you're more important if that will make you throw fewer tantrums.

The intense rage you feel about the club near constantly is a product of your internet addiction and lack of personality, not anything actually happening in real life.

GiveItToGi...nowait

I’m not saying you should do anything you don’t want to do but coming here and telling people to care less because that’s what you do and it makes you happy isn’t a lecture people want to hear.

I’d suggest that people care the lowest amount they can get away with and still be a fan, it’s still fecking annoying to watch us play shit and lose.
Fair one.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
"Just care less guys, football is more enjoyable when you don't give a feck what happens".
I don't get that mentality. You see it a lot in entertainment nowadays too. "Don't complain, don't criticize, don't think too much. Just turn your brain off and consume."

Falconhoof

I’m a supporter from the Doc era in the 70s so I’ve seen a fair bit where United is concerned. But what has got my goat is the apathetic nature of the team in general this past 10 years to defeat. The ‘we will learn lessons from this’ mantra trotted out after every defeat- whilst this has clearly not been the case. I like TenHag but his comments yesterday of us needing to ‘run more’ - wow!!!!!
That Doc team was pretty good wasn't it from what I've seen in docs. Shame he started poking someone's wife. I grew up with the Utd teams of the 80s (when football didn't exist as pre 92) which is basically what we've had these last 10 years.

My main issue at the moment is the fact that our 1st 2 games are a continuation of what I saw from Feb onwards, after the Liverpool shame so it's not really knee jerk etc. They look totally clueless, lacking of leaders on the pitch and pretty difficult to watch. Nobody sorts things out on the pitch when it's going bad. I'm amazed by that at this level and is exactly what we saw in the mauling by Liverpool. So nothing has changed in that respect and no change comes from the manager when it happens. I find it alarming and due to the fact this team has been pretty poor since Feb, have zero confidence it'll change that much. I've seen enough to know already that we have zero chance of challenging for the title (stating obvious I know). We're obviously light years from city and that ain't gonna change even with a string of decent results. We often look a pub team compared to city and even many others. Players constantly making the same mistakes. Why do teams like Brighton consistently look so organised and free flowing even after a manager change? Far less resources than us. We can't even seem to get the basics right with shape etc.

Obviously too much more of this dross, Erik won't be at the wheel come Xmas, especially if we sell out to the middle east in October. At that point, noone will be bothered of course if they still can't manage to get the basics right and there is no particular style or shape forming.

Josep Dowling

I think it’s a mixture of 10 years of mostly crap football. It’s not just about winning trophies but the football produced on the whole has been dire. The best football we played post Fergie was under Ole during lockdown. The lack of fan pressure helped our players, particularly in away games. Ten Hag came in with total football as his philosophy and we are still no where near playing that style of football, even with players changing.

We also have the sale being delayed and most fans want new owners with more direction, people being challenged at the club to do better or get out of the club. There are no consequences for performing badly at United, from board down to players which is why we are still so far away from challenging.

And our first 3 games we have been torn apart by two relegation favourites and an average Spurs team. I can see why fans are getting frustrated. I certainly am. The negatives constantly outweigh the positives.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Our local and older fans are generally great. Always support the team, even through some horrendous performances. Generally proud of them. You see the older ones on here generally being rational and reasonable.

The vast majority of our internet fans, however, reflect the general trend of online culture. They represent the most reactionary, impatient, hysterical, toxic, knee jerk, hyperbolic, outraged, angry, pitiful dregs of human existence. I have to imagine that the anonymity of it all causes people to show their worst side, or lose their tiny minds. It’s hard to believe that so many hysterical idiots can actually congregate in one place, online, at one time.

But perhaps people really are this stupid. I just manage to largely avoid them in every day life. One thing is for sure, social media of all forms essentially became a warp drive for the proliferation of ignorance, outrage and intolerance.

Acole9

Outstanding
Our local and older fans are generally great. Always support the team, even through some horrendous performances. Generally proud of them. You see the older ones on here generally being rational and reasonable.

The vast majority of our internet fans, however, reflect the general trend of online culture. They represent the most reactionary, impatient, hysterical, toxic, knee jerk, hyperbolic, outraged, angry, pitiful dregs of human existence. I have to imagine that the anonymity of it all causes people to show their worst side, or lose their tiny minds. It’s hard to believe that so many hysterical idiots can actually congregate in one place, online, at one time.

But perhaps people really are this stupid. I just manage to largely avoid them in every day life. One thing is for sure, social media of all forms essentially became a warp drive for the proliferation of ignorance, outrage and intolerance.
I couldn't agree more. There was a thread on here earlier (Been deleted now) about sacking Ten Hag. Our online fanbase are the worst, just so entitled.

luke511

How self-righteous of you.

black country red

When I was 14 me and a mate cadged a lift in a van to stoke to see our team and pledge undying support to a team and manager that had just been relegated about 20,000 reds there today’s internet generation would have collective breakdowns and demand players and manager sacked and exiled times change I suppose

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
When I was 14 me and a mate cadged a lift in a van to stoke to see our team and pledge undying support to a team and manager that had just been relegated about 20,000 reds there today’s internet generation would have collective breakdowns and demand players and manager sacked and exiled times change I suppose
Correct. And that’s a great story.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Boooring.

I remember thinking how negative the Red Issue Forum was in 2008/2009 (when we were League and Champions League holders), so its not just the last 10 years.

I avoid this place after a loss because any objective commentary is buried beneath a sea of negativity.

Last edited: