Are the lads back in training yet?

RonaldoVII

Back open today, apparently. Hopefully we can see enough first team players turning up to get a squad for Newcastle.

DevTheRed

Back open today, apparently. Hopefully we can see enough first team players turning up to get a squad for Newcastle.
I saw a social media post from Maguire this morning with a picture of Carrington in.. so seemingly back today!

choccy77

United posted pictures of a few of them running.

Staggered returns for training.

pascell

United posted pictures of a few of them running.

Staggered returns for training.
Glad they're back but I'm not expecting much of a performance vs Newcastle. Think we'll get a dodgy ref decision against us at some point as well, seeing as they're complaining about the refereeing performances against them recently.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So Cristiano Ronaldo, Donny van de Beek, Paul Pogba, Diogo Dalot, Jadon Sancho, Phil Jones, Tom Heaton, and Dean Henderson were still absent today.

Blackwidow

Well that's not good, wonder why they left after 10 minutes
How do they do the testing at United?
At Bayern they do them in the parking garage prior to even entering the buildings. Maybe they just came in for the tests and went home again until they are cleared?

pascell

How do they do the testing at United?
At Bayern they do them in the parking garage prior to even entering the buildings. Maybe they just came in for the tests and went home again until they are cleared?
I think it's the same at United.
Probably returned positive tests.
That wouldn't be good. Greenwood, Sancho and Ronaldo all missing training today then.

HailtotheKing

I hope someone can persuade our idiots to get vaccinated soon. You’d have thought seeing what happened to Kimmich would have taught them something but apparently not. So disgusted to see Liverpool leading the way in everything. Hope Ralf can talk some sense into them.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we are indeed one of the least vaccinated clubs. We let our players run amok, on and off the field. Leeds, Brentford, and Watford showing us the way. Embarrassing. Get it together, United!

Last edited:

minoo-utd

I think the only logic reason these three players left is they returned positive tests which I hope it’s wrong. I think things will be this way till the rest of the season, lots of absences here and there and this will create huge issue IMO with team consistency and Ralf plans.

arthurka

Let´s hope we can assemble a group vs Newcastle that could at least press them for 30 minutes.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If the training is staggered and most of the lads are returning from COVID, prepare for another lethargic performance at best. We might not need more than that to put 5 past Newcastle though, they have gaps as wide as the grand canyon in their midfield and defense.

iHicksy

I hope someone can persuade our idiots to get vaccinated soon. You’d have thought seeing what happened to Kimmicj would have taught them something but apparently not. So disgusted to see Liverpool leading the way in everything. Hope Ralf can talk some sense into them.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we are indeed one of the least vaccinated clubs. We let our players run amok, on and off the field. Leeds, Brentford, and Watford showing us the way. Embarrassing. Get it together, United!
You do realize you still catch the virus and test positive regardless of vaccination status? Hence why the number of cases from Omicron is so high. It's infecting people are who fully vaccinated. Maybe think before you go around calling people idiots.

iHicksy

Less than that wasn’t it? It seems like that would be pretty unlikely.
He could well have caught the Delta variant late, and now Omicron since Delta immunity wouldn't effect Omicron infection.

Ixion

Almost certainly the ones who left soon after arriving failed a lateral flow test or similar while parked up. Probably can't leave their cars without passing one (which is what we should have been doing for weeks).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You do realize you still catch the virus and test positive regardless of vaccination status? Hence why the number of cases from Omicron is so high. It's infecting people are who fully vaccinated. Maybe think before you go around calling people idiots.
Much easier to avoid it being vaccinated than nothing at all though.

People use this excuse of still being able to catch it as a reason to not get vaccinated at all? it's like saying you won't wear a condom as there's a chance it might break anyway.

Get the vaccine, don't get stuck on a ventillator on a hospital bed, it's quite simple.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They’re still idiots because

a) vaccines slightly reduce their chance of catching/passing it on

b) massively reduce their chance of hospitalisation/long term lung damage

c) reduce their duration of self isolation if they’re a close contact.

b) and c) particularly important for professional athletes. So much so it’s actually amazing we continue to pay a huge salary to anyone who would be that reckless.

HailtotheKing

Um, yes I think I do know that, thanks. I’m double jabbed and caught Covid just before I planned to get the booster. Just to be clear, I’m currently typing this with Covid. Doesn’t change whether I’d get jabbed again though. It’s not about whether you can still catch it or not, it’s about giving yourself the best protection for yourself and for the ones you care about so as not to spread it. And in the case of our players it also about doing the best for their teammates too. Unless they have an underlying health condition that could be worsened by the vaccination there is no excuse to not have it in my opinion. And they’re screwing everyone in the process.

HailtotheKing

They’re still idiots because

a) vaccines slightly reduce their chance of catching/passing it on

b) massively reduce their chance of hospitalisation/long term lung damage

c) reduce their duration of self isolation if they’re a close contact.

b) and c) particularly important for professional athletes. So much so it’s actually amazing we continue to pay a huge salary to anyone who would be that reckless.
Yeah, in my opinion, what Bayern did was spot on. These players are behaving absolutely recklessly. Apart from the obvious health implications, it’s no different to a player deliberately injuring himself or getting red carded. Or just stuffing themselves with fish and chips. Basically they’re ensuring that they can’t play. And should be hit in the pocket because of it.

saivet

Yeah, in my opinion, what Bayern did was spot on. These players are behaving absolutely recklessly. Apart from the obvious health implications, it’s no different to a player deliberately injuring himself or getting red carded. Or just stuffing themselves with fish and chips. Basically they’re ensuring that they can’t play. And should be hit in the pocket because of it.
What did Bayern do?

Withnail

The games are being called off in a lot of cases because the unvaccinated who are close contacts need to self-isolate. Those who are vaccinated are grand to carry on as normal as long as they have no symptoms and are being tested.

Besides that though anyone not taking it out of purely personal choice is an idiot in my book.

Daengophile

I would think it's preferable to get the infections done with and out of the way. Having had a couple of postponements before the League tightened up on criteria will probably benefit the squad - especially if we've managed to get some worthwhile training sessions in.

The brain fixer may also have had some of the boys in for some zombie exorcism