Are the lads back in training yet?

Devil You Know

Selling him to a Saudi team would be a win-win-win for all parties (the player, United, the Saudi league).

Rake

Regardless of the Greenwood situation, it will be quite refreshing if we could complete 2-3 transfers before the tour starts (or at least before the part where most first-teamers join the squad).

mu4c_20le

Have we yet to have a poll on the forum whether we want him back or not?

Still surprises me the amount of positive feedback his potential return has - but maybe because the ones against his return generally feel the lack of need to comment on the negative effect his impact will look on our club.
Think it was almost split the last time we had one

tomaldinho1

Have we yet to have a poll on the forum whether we want him back or not?

Still surprises me the amount of positive feedback his potential return has - but maybe because the ones against his return generally feel the lack of need to comment on the negative effect his impact will look on our club.
I guess when many seem so keen for Qatar ownership it's not massively surprising. There's an easy 'out' here for people just like with Qatar (oh but City ad Newcastle are already owned by states) in this case it's simply 'innocent until proven guilty' which is generally fair but for the fact we've all heard the audio. I don't think he should play for the club again.

Yakuza_devils

I don't think MG will lose his skills. His finishing is something you can't train, it's natural to him and it's something you're born with.

Once he gets back to match fitness he will be back. After all these, he will be hopefully more mature too that may help his game by working harder in training, more committed and etc.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I guess when many seem so keen for Qatar ownership it's not massively surprising. There's an easy 'out' here for people just like with Qatar (oh but City ad Newcastle are already owned by states) in this case it's simply 'innocent until proven guilty' which is generally fair but for the fact we've all heard the audio. I don't think he should play for the club again.
Which is why I feel it’s incomparable to the query Qatar links to ethical issues.
We have heard/seen the evidence against Mason Greenwood, and the only reason he hasn’t been convicted is because charges were dropped.
We all know that we’re getting our hands dirty with Qatar but it can be hidden behind a shroud of unknowing as we have yet to get concrete “there you go” proof that it’s state backed - even though we all know it.

I just can’t quite comprehend how anyone can look at this guy the same way again. I genuinely can’t see how I could support him.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
These threads are meant to be fun, can we not ruin them with talk of Greenwood.

Matthew84!

Anyone saying oh I'm not sure how I could support Utd or I wouldn't cheer if he scored get of your high horse,
If he comes back that's up to Utd and himself if he's willing to take the stick he's gonna get.
If he comes back ill be cheering him all the way,
MG to be top scorer next season

tomaldinho1

Anyone saying oh I'm not sure how I could support Utd or I wouldn't cheer if he scored get of your high horse,
If he comes back that's up to Utd and himself if he's willing to take the stick he's gonna get.
Genuinely, take a second to think about what he did and then read what you have written.

Edwards6

Worrying that so many people are happy to have Greenwood back.
Hopefully the club do the right thing and get rid of him

K Stand Knut

I reckon he’ll be sent out on loan - maybe Turkey
I originally thought that but this stinks of a plan to reintegrate him in the squad.

They’ll monitor the backlash, or lack of, and he’ll end up staying as a first team player being more and more involved over the first half of the season

SoCross

My “are the lads back in training” threads were never such a bore.

So are they back in training or not??

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
totally agree. it’s like all those people that complain about the bbc when they were letting saville and harris nonce all those kids. they said it was ok, the bbc said it was ok, so what’s the problem?

RedStarUnited

I only think it's different because with Partey yes there were reports and quite frankly I don't agree with what Arsenal did and is partially part of the reason they are trying to offload him now. However with MG there were pictures plastered all over the internet as well as that infamous audio, with Partey you can almost say there's some cognitive dissonance going on there because we cannot get our eyes on any of the evidence, but because of the actual physical evidence we could all see plastered all over social media it will make it completely different to ignore for MG. The pictures and audio will get plastered everywhere - all the time - if he starts playing on the regular and he comes into the public eye again especially from rival fans and just think that everyone kinda hates United as is, they will be singing about him all over the grounds.

I know people will say ah people will just forget it etc - but I believe those people are seriously underestimating the impact those pictures and especially that audio has had and will have if he stays in England especially.
His accuser was on social media talking about it for weeks on end.

I don't know how he has gotten away with the lack of outrage.

Dannn411

I'd say the first 11 should be off till at least August. The amount of games they played must have been brutal on the body. Two cup final runs and a QF plus 38 league games and internationals. Yikes. I wonder how someone like Bruno is still able to even stand upright. Don't want to see any of them back till August.

KobbieMainoo

I was more suggesting that maybe he got into the wrong...substances.
No fault but his own but the stress the poor kid musta been under these past 18 months is probably the main cause.

Honestly this stuff people come out with!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I don't think MG will lose his skills. His finishing is something you can't train, it's natural to him and it's something you're born with.

Once he gets back to match fitness he will be back. After all these, he will be hopefully more mature too that may help his game by working harder in training, more committed and etc.
Depends how much he worked and trained in the past 12 months or so

tomaldinho1

Hate to play devil’s advocate but she didn’t.

She felt the need to plaster it all over social media before she spoke to any police officer
If by devil’s advocate you mean be pedantic, fine, she released the media and then accused him on record when the police investigated.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Reminder: The ban on Greenwood chat is still in place until United make a decision on his future.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We had one of these at school.... running up and down sand dunes while be yelling at by a master who thought he was the Sgt Major in It Ain't Half Hot Mum!. Anyone seen the closing credit scenes to Chariots of Fire? That was the warm-up and warm down, for what seems like hours. If you were at the rear, you got to carry someone on your back...

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/8450868/man-utd-erik-ten-hag-sas-training-preseason/

Fabio Rochemback

I just can’t quite comprehend how anyone can look at this guy the same way again. I genuinely can’t see how I could support him.
A worrying amount of people care way too much about the results of professional sports teams, the extent they're willing to overlook some really awful stuff.

Wezzaldo

We had one of these at school.... running up and down sand dunes while be yelling at by a master who thought he was the Sgt Major in It Ain't Half Hot Mum!. Anyone seen the closing credit scenes to Chariots of Fire? That was the warm-up and warm down, for what seems like hours. If you were at the rear, you got to carry someone on your back...

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/8450868/man-utd-erik-ten-hag-sas-training-preseason/
Love how the sun can mess the simplest things up. Hell week is nothing to do with the SAS, but it’s US Navy SEALS. Pretty sure the double sessions are nothing new and something he did last year.

Pavl3n

It was a public pitch and a private session as you say, nothing to do with us/Carrington
Well that's great news from the sporting side of the club.

Let's see how are we going to deal with the possible backlash if he's to come back. I'm pretty sure there has to be some interview, or whatever, where him and his missus can set things right.
There's no other way he can come back. Bringing him back, without saying anything as if nothing has ever happened would be the most dumb action by the club. But you wouldn't be surprised with a dumb action by the club, now would you?

KobbieMainoo

Lads back in training next Monday be a joke if no announcement by the club hasn't been made either way about a certain player.

Yakuza_devils

Lads back in training next Monday be a joke if no announcement by the club hasn't been made either way about a certain player.
I hope the certain player will be back to the team. We really need him because of our scoring goal problem and also we don't have much money to spend this transfer window.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Apparently the players who were not on international duty in June will return to Carrington tomorrow. Licha and Henderson have already come back earlier this week to do injury rehab. The rest of the squad will most likely return on Monday 10 July.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Apparently the players who were not on international duty in June will return to Carrington tomorrow. Licha and Henderson have already come back earlier this week to do injury rehab. The rest of the squad will most likely return on Monday 10 July.
10th? Aren't they playing the 1st preseason on the 12th?