Are there any City fans that accept it’s tainted?

I just can't bring myself to care. Other teams have spent similar amounts and haven't achieved what we've achieved.

At the end of the day many of these rules were erected as barriers to prevent smaller clubs like City from ever competing.

The motivations were never to protect clubs from financial ruin, it was a cartel move and I simply don't respect it.
:wenger:

AC Milan was in a very poor state when Berlusconi bought it, but only Juventus had more Serie A titles than them, historically they were battling with Inter to be the second biggest club in Italy, but mismanagement did them dirty and almost bankrupted them.

City was nowhere near to be considered big in England until the takeover happened, to the point that many people outside the british isles only knew about their existence when Abu Dhabi bought them, before that Manchester was associated exclusively with United.

Berlusconi certainly saved Milan from bankruptcy, but he was buying a big club that was considered the second biggest in Italy just behind Juventus. City was a minuscule club that players outside of the british isles didn't know.
I never actually knew that tbh. I just assumed they were down there as a smaller club. I stand corrected.

Yes I agree, I just don't agree that United, Chelsea, and Liverpool can't compete. Even Arsenal have shown something
And it takes a very special season to do it. You’ve seen with Liverpool that it’s not sustainable to be competitive, and they’ve been well ran with the second best manager in the league.

Whereas City can just do it season after season because they’ve got bench players for first team money. And they just keep repeating the cycle.

And it takes a very special season to do it. You’ve seen with Liverpool that it’s not sustainable to be competitive, and they’ve been well ran with the second best manager in the league.

Whereas City can just do it season after season because they’ve got bench players for first team money. And they just keep repeating the cycle.
Liverpool are the poorest of the 4 by far though.