Are we starting to look a little like a football team?

Lost bear

People need to stop being so impatient, as long as we're heading in the right direction.
Agreed. If you can’t see the manifestly evident progress the team has made, i’m not sure which games you’re watching. (City apart).

Lost bear

Yes, I like where we are heading. The defense is solid and our offense is starting to come alive and really could have scored a total of 8 or 9 goals on Thursday and today. Someday we will see 4 or 5 goals in a match.

Antony looks to be really classy. I'm almost prepared to say that someday he could be one of the best wingers in the game. I hope he has a good work ethic and good head on his shoulders.
Yeah. And he does seem to have those characteristics (Antony).

SAF is the GOAT

I'm missing the part where our wingers just go on player opposition and beat them with a dribble.

I don't know if something wrong or that ETH asked them to pass the ball but we need our wingers active and trying to beat a man and cross the ball or take a shot on goal.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Celebrating last minute draw like winning the Champions League.
Celebrating signing AJAX players by overpaying them.
Celebrating a draw against Newcastle.
Celebrating a bog standard clearance Dalot made.
Celebrating a manager who hasn't been proven yet just because we look a little more cohesive now, which should be the bare minimum.
We are starting to look like a little football team. It's true.
Never gonna give you up and hurt you

croadyman

Celebrating a manager who hasn't been proven yet just because we look a little more cohesive now, which should be the bare minimum.
Wow thought I was negative on things, you are actually making me look optimistic

croadyman

Defence is solid now

Midfield is solid now

Attack is shite -

If we had son - kane - antony as our attack I would be confident we'd be challenging for everything.
How do we stay looking like a football team without our first choice CB partnership until boxing day

Marcus

How do we stay looking like a football team without our first choice CB partnership until boxing day
I hope that as we improve as a team, there will be less pressure on the CB partnership and we can continue to do well

croadyman

I hope that as we improve as a team, there will be less pressure on the CB partnership and we can continue to do well
Problem is we can't employ that same high line so effective against Spurs & Chelsea with Lindelof/Maguire & Martinez

dutchred

The problem is the bench
As you said if Varane is injured we are back with Lindelof or Maguire.
If Casemiro is injured we are left with Mac
and we know the issue if Martial is injured

CloneMC16

White text, but this is basically every LUHG account take on Twitter :lol:

I don't understand the people that find zero enjoyment from seeing progress. Especially after what we watched last season.

Marcus

Problem is we can't employ that same high line so effective against Spurs & Chelsea with Lindelof/Maguire & Martinez
Agree about Maguire, but Lindelof might be ok with the high line. His issue is more being bullied in terms of strength rather than pace.

Real Name

The problem is the bench
That's why the bench is the bench. For now that's good enough bench imo but in the long run it should be better of course.

Longshanks

There is definetley some encouraging signs from the last couple of games. There is a fairly clear structure and general plan starting to show through.

Still plenty to work on though, still go long too often when under pressure from the back. And our attacking play looks a little forced at times still.

But the important thing is the players do seem to be buying into it and trusting ETH's philosophy.

bringbackbebe

The game against Chelsea was the first away game in ages where I felt we're going to perform well going into the game, that we we are their equal or better and can beat them. Our style is WIP but I'm genuinely excited to see us play now, as against just watching the game with a cringe stomach just because I'm a supporter. Arsenal and City play significantly better than us, but we are definitely 3rd. I can see us finishing with 75 points this season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
:lol:

UpWithRivers

The problem is the bench
This I dont understand at all. I think 99 percent of the league would love those bench players. We have really good squad in my opinion. 80 mill England Captain as back up. Ronaldo as back up to Martial. Fred a Brazil international as back up. 50 mill RB in there. McTominay, Lindelof, Elanga all internationals not bad either. Its not exactly the worst bench ever. Is it a downgrade? Sure. But we arnt going to get bench players at the level of Varane, Casemiro etc. Thats why they are bench players

kthanksbye

Yes we are, absolutely. We're obviously not the finished product yet, there are still a few positions/players who we're having to play in the starting 11 that we could do with replacing, but the players look like they know what to do.

I was just a little disappointed that half the team decided to celebrate the equalizer in that fashion and for that long. I'd have loved it if someone just picked the ball and ran back to the half line to restart the game. Guess I'm being too critical, Shaw juggling at the end and getting an earful from ETH was annoying and good to see at the same time. I just wish we restarted the game quickly after the goal.

Elcabron

White text, but this is basically every LUHG account take on Twitter :lol:

I don't understand the people that find zero enjoyment from seeing progress. Especially after what we watched last season.
Exactly. We have gone from looking like we were going to lose three or four nil every game (and we often did) to this. Night and day in the space of a couple of months or 11 league games. Our rate of progress is better than I expected.

croadyman

Yes we are, absolutely. We're obviously not the finished product yet, there are still a few positions/players who we're having to play in the starting 11 that we could do with replacing, but the players look like they know what to do.

I was just a little disappointed that half the team decided to celebrate the equalizer in that fashion and for that long. I'd have loved it if someone just picked the ball and ran back to the half line to restart the game. Guess I'm being too critical, Shaw juggling at the end and getting an earful from ETH was annoying and good to see at the same time. I just wish we restarted the game quickly after the goal.
Yeah I can understand what you mean and probably should have put more time on,just look at Casemiro who was ecstatic at goal but noticeably gutted at full time which shows he wasn't happy with result.