Are we the club with most off-field issues in the world?

Tap

Are we the club with the most forgiving fanbase in the world? :lol:
Among the big clubs, our fanbase is probably the more forgiving and sentimental ones. Our so called “toxic” fan base is child’s play compared to those of the successful big clubs

Cloud7

I'll still take our issues over needing levers and not being able to pay the players wages.

It's all pile on United right now, especially with the international break and no club football going on, but despite all of this, when the football resumes, if we get a couple wins going then the mood of the fanbase will largely (not entirely) shift and things will calm down.

In my opinion the off field issues seem that much worse right now because the on field stuff is bad. Football is still escapism for large sects of the fanbase and I would wager that if things on the field improve then everything will seem better.

croadyman

I'll still take our issues over needing levers and not being able to pay the players wages.

It's all pile on United right now, especially with the international break and no club football going on, but despite all of this, when the football resumes, if we get a couple wins going then the mood of the fanbase will largely (not entirely) shift and things will calm down.

In my opinion the off field issues seem that much worse right now because the on field stuff is bad. Football is still escapism for large sects of the fanbase and I would wager that if things on the field improve then everything will seem better.
Don't think things will ever truly calm down unless those leeches sell up. We need to invest in stadium and training ground without restrictions

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It’s called the Glazer ownership. It is a poison running through every vein of the club. So many things would have been dealt with more efficiently with better decision makers.
This is it. The owners don't really care as long as we make Champions League every other season. So why should the players? We are decadent.

TsuWave

Nah - but United fans are a melodramatic bunch and the media capitalises on it by outrage farming United's fanbase.

whitbyviking

United deal with scandal differently to other clubs. Look at Liverpool with Suarez and even the Slippy G “self defence” crap, they back their players to the hilt irrespective of the charges and the fans go along with it. City the same with the charges, Newcastle with the whole Saudi thing, that’s without even considering Arsenal/Partey, or other clubs and players. There has been loads of unacceptable behaviour in and around the Premier League that is underreported in comparison to anything involving United.

We obviously have a bigger profile than most, but our fans are also very unforgiving in the main, and willing to call our player and club.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Yes.

The owners are bad people and have cultivated a bad culture.

Upper management is bad because they're hired by bad owners

The collective group of managers we've hired over the years have nothing in common and have been a bad fit, because the people hiring them are bad

Half the players we sign are greedy, self entitled and lazy. Because we've allowed a bad culture to fester and breed these horrible players

All these issues we face aren't bad luck. We face so many issues so often because the people running this club are not only bad at their jobs, they're contemptible people
This sums up everything really, great post

Kopral Jono

Yes.

The owners are bad people and have cultivated a bad culture.

Upper management is bad because they're hired by bad owners

The collective group of managers we've hired over the years have nothing in common and have been a bad fit, because the people hiring them are bad

Half the players we sign are greedy, self entitled and lazy. Because we've allowed a bad culture to fester and breed these horrible players

All these issues we face aren't bad luck. We face so many issues so often because the people running this club are not only bad at their jobs, they're contemptible people
Correct on the cultivating bad culture part but it's entirely possible for bad people to run a business professionally. I disagree with you on luck -- it absolutely has played a part. The chances of having TWO right wide forward accused of sexual abuse at pretty much the same time shouldn't even exist.

Sir Erik ten Hag

And now we have the Rashford bar stories right after we had the supposedly bad egg Sancho loaned out to Dortmund.

AndySmith1990

And now we have the Rashford bar stories right after we had the supposedly bad egg Sancho loaned out to Dortmund.
Let's hope the new regime remove these problems from the club, and breed a new culture of winning instead of laziness and self entertainment

croadyman

Let's hope the new regime remove these problems from the club, and breed a new culture of winning instead of laziness and self entertainment
Yeah INEOS will not be impressed by this and hopefully take a very hard stance on it