Are we, the fans, to blame for what's happening?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Because they play in farmers leagues where they are guaranteed CL football every year.
They havn't always been like that. Even though the PL atm is probably the most competetive it's hardly been a constant. Seria A used to be the best in the world. La liga was recently as well.

Gehrman

Because they play in farmers leagues where they are guaranteed CL football every year.
They aren't satisfied with just getting Cl football though. They want to win the league and challenge for the CL. We are content with just chasing top 4. How pathethic is that.

passing-wind

The home crowd is way too soft, there's blurred lines between support and ignorance. Some have seen the club before being competitive under Sir Alex, while others have only seen success during years watching the club.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Are we to blame for the owners appointing Woodward and him signing bad managers who in turn sign bad players?

Why stop with us?

Perhaps our parents are to blame for raising unvocal kids? Hell, we can go back even more. Let's not shoulder the blame. No point. Find patsies.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If anything the fans have been too patient.
This. I'd buy the "spoiled/entitled supporter" excuse if we were a skint club with limited resources and our fans were expecting trophies. But we're not - we're one of the richest clubs with a massive global fanbase. Expecting our club to be run in a proper manner with forward planning and smart investment is hardly "spoiled" or "entitled".

Gehrman

This. I'd buy the "spoiled/entitled supporter" excuse if we were a skint club with limited resources and our fans were expecting trophies. But we're not - we're one of the richest clubs with a massive global fanbase. Expecting our club to be run in a proper manner with forward planning and smart investment is hardly "spoiled" or "entitled".
This. We have all the foundations for sustained success if our ownership, management and club structure was right. We don't want or need to go for 30 years without winning the league like Liverpool.

Tel074

100% the attitude of the Old Trafford fans is an issue. You can get behind the team and protest about the ownership at the same time.
I attend every home game the feeling I get from alot of fans is we want to protest but more than anything we want to support our team and our manager . As you probably already know most protests upset the teams performance on the pitch I personally feel that's the main reason why there hasnt been any big protest inside OT

Marzo

I am a supporter, it is only 3 games in, and I am happy with what I have seen, bad luck and small margins.
We go again and will improve.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yes, especially post 2016/17 redcafe newbies.

minoo-utd

Our home ground going fans need to toughen up and nake a fecking statement against glazers and that clueless Ed.

AFC NimbleThumb

This is the point that needs to be pressed.

The club has acted incompetently, most fans are not calling for Neymar, Bale etc. They simply want to see a team being built.

My breaking point was this summer, we went through January with the excuse OgS is new & we were assessing the squad [which was most saw as a step in the right direction]; we then enter the Summer window with multiple issues in the squad & we ‘fix’ 2 [RB & CB] of those but seemingly used the sale of our [all being underperforming] No.9 to finance one of the deals.

We then start briefing the press that it’s “young & British” which would be fine mid-00s but we couldn’t even negotiate with Newcastle to sell a player with less than 10 league appearances.

It’s become abundantly clear the club is not being run to win things so I’ve actively lowered my expectations for the club.

El Presidente

I am a supporter, it is only 3 games in, and I am happy with what I have seen, bad luck and small margins.
We go again and will improve.
Cheers. Don't let those past 7 years fool you. This is our year.

And, to answer the question. Absolutely, yes.

Chairman Steve

As much as I hate having to lecture matchgoing fans about their conduct since I’m not going to OT every week, I do feel like there is a passiveness in there. It’s like the guy who gets repeatedly cuckolded by his wife and does absolutely nothing about it. Even the more kind hearted, patient people having a breaking point and need to stand up and say or do something about it... otherwise you’re the fool going along with it.

The club has acted incompetently since SAF left, with that awful Moyes summer transfer window all the way up to no DOF figure announced despite prominently declaring one would be in place before a permanent manager was appointed.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We haven't suffered a truly disastrous season (for example, genuinely flirting with relegation). If that occurred, then we'd see real uproar.
Not really. The fans seem like they don't give a feck

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
I'd say your biggest mistake as fans was calling for Mourinho's blood at the end of 2017-2018. It was all the excuse needed by Woodward to spit polish the wallet clamps and look to get rid of a troublesome manager who demanded the best from his board and owners just as he did from his best Tweeting players.

Seemed like you all turned on him because of some arbitrary afflictions like being "moody" and playing a "boring" style, as if those things really mattered at that point in time.

Ultimately you had come 2nd in the league and been unlucky not to win the FA Cup final so inadvertently aligning yourselves with Woodward over backing Mourinho seemed bizarre then and more so now.

RooneyLegend

I attend every home game the feeling I get from alot of fans is we want to protest but more than anything we want to support our team and our manager . As you probably already know most protests upset the teams performance on the pitch I personally feel that's the main reason why there hasnt been any big protest inside OT
You guys need to sort yourselves out or we are going to be stuck here for the next decade. You guys have to understand that for as long as Woodward is running the football side of things we are going nowhere.

fergiesarmy1

I'd say your biggest mistake as fans was calling for Mourinho's blood at the end of 2017-2018. It was all the excuse needed by Woodward to spit polish the wallet clamps and look to get rid of a troublesome manager who demanded the best from his board and owners just as he did from his best Tweeting players.

Seemed like you all turned on him because of some arbitrary afflictions like being "moody" and playing a "boring" style, as if those things really mattered at that point in time.

Ultimately you had come 2nd in the league and been unlucky not to win the FA Cup final so inadvertently aligning yourselves with Woodward over backing Mourinho seemed bizarre then and more so now.
Don’t see any rush for Mourinhos services anymore do you?

fergiesarmy1

You guys need to sort yourselves out or we are going to be stuck here for the next decade. You guys have to understand that for as long as Woodward is running the football side of things we are going nowhere.
You can’t surely be having a pop at the fans who go week in week out (I used to be one but just got bored of it), the only way the club will club will listen is if there is a major protest on social media as that is their target these days, Ed brings it up in his quarterly jibber jabber.

RooneyLegend

Nope, he just wasn't the man for the job. That side wasnt going to compete with the Pool's or City's of this world anytime soon. Perisic, Willian and Maguire werent going to turn that to a 95 + point monster.

The issue is the same guy thats okayed all our disastrous signings and that has hired all these incompetent managers is still the same guy making the big decisions at the club. The man doesnt even look like he understands the game at all. How else would he agree to giving Mata and Young new contracts? Think the best way to move the club forward from a state of flux is to buy British and hire a manager with no experience either direct or indirect at the very highest level?

Kemizee

What goes up must come down. How do you think AC Milan fans feel these days? In the 90s and 00s they were a constant feature at the top, now they haven’t seen CL football in ages.

United fans are their own biggest problem, not the club’s. Our fanbase seem to feel entitled to be constantly challenging for the biggest trophies (thanks for that, Fergie!), when fact of the matter is that no club can sustain that, decade in and decade out.

We want change, but we won’t allow for any long term development without losing our shit every time we drop points.
Are they really? If anything, they just want to see a clear blueprint for success like Klopp for instance has done at Liverpool.

If you go through most comments in this forum particularly at the beginning of the season, you would hear most fans state that they would be content with a fourth place finish and good, progressive football.

Fans expectations have lowered massively.

Tel074

We are aware of that . It's not Woodward it's his bosses that clown is doing a job he's doing a great financial job but how the hell is he able to be anywhere near football transfers is embarrassing. It's not just us match goers every single United fan can help get rid of the Amercians

Kemizee

Definitely share a big part of the blame. As one of the biggest clubs in the world with a franchise that is recognizable in virtually every corner of the globe, we owe it to ourselves as fans to demand more than the fans of the average clubs who are not as mega as we are. We have too many 'good, subservient and docile' fans who have been bamboozled into thinking that our club is different and should operate uniquely or that our success should be acheived in certain ways or procedures (The United way, giving youth a chance as opposed to stabilizing first as a top club before integrating youth ambitions, British core, repeat of Class of 92). These are all idealistic ambitions that are not just working for us, at least not in the current football climate where the gap between top clubs and average ones are getting wider by the day.
We must sit up and move on with the times instead of being stuck in antediluvian dreams of how a football club should operate.

The fans could certainly voice their frsutations more in the stadiums by way of organized, peaceful protests or massive boycott during games. Why they don't do it, I would never know.

We have really passionate fans for sure and don't tell me that the fans of Real, Barca and Bayern for instance who demand high standards of their clubs are plastic fans and all of that. They love their clubs the same way we do ours. The only difference between them and our fans is that they will not tolerate mediocrity or sit down there, fold their hands and watch their clubs roll uninhibitedly into a pit of decline. They act and make sure their voices are heard but we just act all nice and cool because we don't want to be portrayed as being 'immature or inpatient fans' despite it being obvious that we are not heading anywhere with the current structural set up of our club.

I remember how Moyes received a standing ovation when it was apparent to every Dick, Tom and Harry that he didn't belong to the level of our club. What the hell was that for? So we could get a medal on 'best manager treatment fans and club of the year'? I am kot buying the notion that our fans CAN'T DO MORE to end the disaster we currently have become. They sure can.

RooneyLegend

You can’t surely be having a pop at the fans who go week in week out (I used to be one but just got bored of it), the only way the club will club will listen is if there is a major protest on social media as that is their target these days, Ed brings it up in his quarterly jibber jabber.
A revolt inside the stadium would cause a bigger reaction. Our games are seen all over the world and sponsors wont like what they see. Online fans would also follow suit.

I mean Van Gaal to this day still believes that he had the support of the United cause of how food things still were at OT.

GiddyUp

Woodward seems like a guy that would wilt under a chant. Match going supporters need to say something at OT. Can't fault the supporters that travel to away games though, some of the best supporters in the league.
If our frustrations were shouted from the rafters by the home crowd on behalf of the global support and directed towards Woodward we would have a DoF before Halloween.

Zas

The answer is definitely yesss ..
The glazers are milking and dragging the club down in front of our eyes and we are doing nothing .... I am from Sudan thousand of kilos away I cant protest ... but where are the fans who goes to the stadium , how come u support this ... they are treating the club and us like shit and consider us the fans as consumers, so why we don’t protest , why we tell them we are the money source and we are the cause of partnership deals . You guys over there do something we are dying here because of the bad football , the bad results and you are doing nothing . Take the protest level to the board . This season is done before it starts we all knew this would happen since the club net spend is 70 mill , they didn’t back ole or mourhino last season and they will do it next season if we keep quite .... please protest
# Ed Woodward out # glazers out

fergiesarmy1

A revolt inside the stadium would cause a bigger reaction. Our games are seen all over the world and sponsors wont like what they see. Online fans would also follow suit.

I mean Van Gaal to this day still believes that he had the support of the United cause of how food things still were at OT.
We’re British, we like to complain over a pint or a cup of tea and digestive :lol:

Based Adnan

The Glazers don't give a feck about the fans. Wasn't there a document leaked about the club goals for a season and one of them was literally 'continue to treat the fans as customers'? They don't care.

Marcus

The only way the Glazers will sell is if United get relegated.

RooneyLegend

We are aware of that . It's not Woodward it's his bosses that clown is doing a job he's doing a great financial job but how the hell is he able to be anywhere near football transfers is embarrassing. It's not just us match goers every single United fan can help get rid of the Amercians
Getting rid of his bosses is mission impossible at this point. What we cant have is those same bosses having a man in charge who really shouldn't be.

markhughes

Growing up in the 80s and early 90s I remember Utd as a team capable of the occasional cup win and the even rarer challenge in the league and yet it is still my favourite time as a Utd fan.

Things may suck a little now, we might not make a challenge in the league for a while and will likely have the odd cup run in the meantime.

Perhaps we should reset our expectations a little and enjoy the big nights when they come along, easier said than done but if you could make the transition it might make it less painful.

Denis79

It's not the Balkans, if it was here Woodward wouldn't even dare to attend the games after so many years of sub-par results.

Waynne

A giant portion of United fans being spoilt children is at the moment the biggest issue facing United supporters.
What rubbish post is this?

It's the 'spoilt children' who are the ones who demand success from the club and want the club to succeed. Something i'm sure any fan would want. For the past 6 years its the 'spoilt children' who want to make it clear (via social media or other means) to the owners and Woodward that they are not happy with happenings on the pitch.
Success is not a god given right to Man United but surely wanting to see the club succeed is not a bad thing at all.
Been supporting United since i was 15. I'm 37 now and still support them but not at all happy with the way things are going and how this club is run. Am i spoilt?

dove

What rubbish post is this?

It's the 'spoilt children' who are the ones who demand success from the club and want the club to succeed. Something i'm sure any fan would want. For the past 6 years its the 'spoilt children' who want to make it clear (via social media or other means) to the owners and Woodward that they are not happy with happenings on the pitch.
Success is not a god given right to Man United but surely wanting to see the club succeed is not a bad thing at all.
Been supporting United since i was 15. I'm 37 now and still support them but not at all happy with the way things are going and how this club is run. Am i spoilt?
Yes. You should just sit back and enjoy our ultimate battle for TOP 4 for years to come.

UDontMessWith24

The club doesn't run with the priority of maximizing success on the pitch. That's how the owners of the club choose to run. What can the supporters do?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Glazers don't give a feck about the fans. Wasn't there a document leaked about the club goals for a season and one of them was literally 'continue to treat the fans as customers'? They don't care.
Do you have a link to this?