Are you confident of success in the INEOS era?

Rojofiam

My hunch is the Glazers will still want their dividends, and I'm not sure if that money capsizes our competitiveness in a financial fair play era. If it does, the not for profit clubs (who are cheating the books in any case) will have an unbeatable advantage. So it's still Glazers out if we want to win anything consistently.
No dividends for at least three years, it's in the SEC filings of the deal

I am growing more unconfident for no reason other than the on pitch performances and manager making me think there is less and less of a platform to build from.

Think the only way we'd have got any real change was a full sale of the club so there might have been a way to restructure the finances longer term...although even then I wouldn't expect much to change quickly.

From the outside looking in it seems like they are trying to do all the right things, but without the investment needed to back up any plan its basically just shuffling bums around on different seats. You can have a plan that works if you finish 6th at most clubs. At United that's going to get you slaughtered.

Arenal have done it to a degree I guess but they did invest heavily and I don't think had as much of a mess to start with.
What makes you think there's no money to be invested?

Woziak

Reads like a wum post but I know it isn't one
It’s really not, it’s just a pragmatic assessment so far, look SJR already has been to more games, shows that he genuinely cares and understands the history of the club, he came to the Munich memorial at Manchester, you can see the guy is 1000 times more interested in the club than the parasite Glazers ever where but for all that I just get the feeling that His new structure might just overthink everything and for all this exciting new structure at Nice, where are the tangible results. He’s like the guy we want to own the club, because some United fans think this is Sir Jack Walker from Blackburn all over again but it’s not because if it was He would be looking at a major overhaul this summer, starting with the Manager.

AndySmith1990

Early signs are of course positive.

But if the last decade of following United have taught me anything, it's to be wary of false dawns and premature declarations of turning a corner. Let's see how the navigate the Ten Hag issue and summer recruitment.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
No dividends for at least three years, it's in the SEC filings of the deal
Interesting - but that's not very long compared to no dividends ever, which is the effective situation at City.

strandty

Running the marathon then will be at Wembley. G’won Jimmy lad!

Rojofiam

It’s really not, it’s just a pragmatic assessment so far, look SJR already has been to more games, shows that he genuinely cares and understands the history of the club, he came to the Munich memorial at Manchester, you can see the guy is 1000 times more interested in the club than the parasite Glazers ever where but for all that I just get the feeling that His new structure might just overthink everything and for all this exciting new structure at Nice, where are the tangible results. He’s like the guy we want to own the club, because some United fans think this is Sir Jack Walker from Blackburn all over again but it’s not because if it was He would be looking at a major overhaul this summer, starting with the Manager.
It's not a pragmatic assessment. It's full of irrelevant things like their F1 involvement or rugby. Their football endeavours need a lot of contextualising as well. You just mostly tried to make up arguments against them.

The paragraphs about our results since the takeover was made official is the funniest part, how exactly did you expect them to save the current season when the whole thing was only approved 2 months ago, in February?

RedDevilRoshi

Early signs are of course positive.

But if the last decade of following United have taught me anything, it's to be wary of false dawns and premature declarations of turning a corner. Let's see how the navigate the Ten Hag issue and summer recruitment.
This. It’s far too early to say in terms of answering the OPs question but the early signs are certainly positive. Particularly the appointments of Berrada & Wilcox, imminent appointment of Ashworth, getting rid of Arnold & Murtough & stadium redevelopment/new stadium plans.

The only concern I have is the names that have been mooted for the managerial position if INEOS want ETH out. Don’t have much confidence in Graham Potter & Gareth Southgate to change things around.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Major cost cutting exercise going on with review of staff spending etc. i wonder who paid for the Glazers travel to the game today?

Son

I am not even sure if Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox already started work/confirmed coming or not. At the moment I think the only one confirmed coming is Berrada.

Officially, we are still not confirming Ashworth and Wilcox. Hence, we are still 3 very important appointment away Ashworth, Wilcox and new manager.

We need to get this done asap way before the summer window open. Once these 3 important appointments are confirmed we need to also get in a few top class players in.

SJR need to act fast and time is running out.
I don’t think you understand how hard it is to get these people out of contracts. The summer isn’t even here yet and you are already panicking.

Cheer up and get some reality. It’s gonna take time. Will the next manager appointment work out? Probably not but it’s a process. You don’t and won’t get everything right immediately. Almost impossible as reality comes up with unforeseen outcomes.

Football is perhaps the most crazy of sports but little by little investment does count. As we saw with City it wasn’t built over night. Took years before they became conquering to a degree in Europe and still not even there yet results wise a decade later. Mentality is still not Real Madrid for example.

Giggsy13

The club will see success under the INEOS ownership but there will be bumps along the way, a wrong appointment and some misses in player recruitment, which the novice and shortsighted supporter will deem a complete failure. Supporters will need to accept it’s a process with a view of long term success.

Giggsy13

It's not a pragmatic assessment. It's full of irrelevant things like their F1 involvement or rugby. Their football endeavours need a lot of contextualising as well. You just mostly tried to make up arguments against them.

The paragraphs about our results since the takeover was made official is the funniest part, how exactly did you expect them to save the current season when the whole thing was only approved 2 months ago, in February?
No no it’s a very pragmatic assessment. I mean Sir Jim promised a new stadium but we’re still playing at OT!!! We need a real owner with ambition! If Sir Jim wants to make real change then he should overhaul the squad and change the manager, so we could blame him when it all crashes and burns again.

Giggsy13

I am not even sure if Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox already started work/confirmed coming or not. At the moment I think the only one confirmed coming is Berrada.

Officially, we are still not confirming Ashworth and Wilcox. Hence, we are still 3 very important appointment away Ashworth, Wilcox and new manager.

We need to get this done asap way before the summer window open. Once these 3 important appointments are confirmed we need to also get in a few top class players in.

SJR need to act fast and time is running out.
:lol:

SER19

For me Rashford is the test. One of our only potential sales for decent money for a truly abysmal footballer. If their plan is for him to be part of team under any new manager then any faith i might have will be gone.

Yakuza_devils

I don’t think you understand how hard it is to get these people out of contracts. The summer isn’t even here yet and you are already panicking.

Cheer up and get some reality. It’s gonna take time. Will the next manager appointment work out? Probably not but it’s a process. You don’t and won’t get everything right immediately. Almost impossible as reality comes up with unforeseen outcomes.

Football is perhaps the most crazy of sports but little by little investment does count. As we saw with City it wasn’t built over night. Took years before they became conquering to a degree in Europe and still not even there yet results wise a decade later. Mentality is still not Real Madrid for example.
So we need to wait until the summer to complete all these appointments? It should be way before the summer so that we have enough time to plan properly. Of course everyone understand how hard it's to get these done but we are in a desperate situation where we need total revamp of the football structure to prepare properly for next season.

If we failed to plan ahead it will be more difficult to get the right players in especially we are also in need of changing a manager too. It will already be too late in the summer. Players signings must be planned months before the summer.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Negligent to let him stay on with so much evidence on the table. Bad start.

United Hobbit

A way to show they have intent of getting us back to the top would be sacking ETH after today's quite simply unacceptable performance

Redstain

Essentially getting into a phase where they have to make a definitive statement to annunciate what the intentions are over the next 24 months. There's manager culpability but then there's the hierarchy's own competence in defining what the standard is.

I don't think Ashworth being in place or not is enough of an excuse to deter any dissemination because it's a severe case of underperformance on the managers behalf which in my opinion is untenable and has been for a period of months.

Another defining factor that further strengthens the need for transparence with where they stand is the managers contract, if Erik is not what Ratcliffe deems as viable with how he envisions the clubs success, then the extra season is an absolute non-entity.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It seems it'll boil down to whether we sack this guy off or he gets to ruin another season for United fans. If they don't, my already low expectations would be close to 0.

The earlier he goes, the better.

El Zoido

Anyone we bring in after Ten Hag will technically be an interim anyway. It’ll take years to set this up how they want, we really need to be patient. Ten Hag won’t be sacked until the summer but there’s no guarantee that his replacement won’t just be another brand of shite.

Von Mistelroum

Is it ok to suggest that they're dragging their heels on firing the manager yet? Obviously they are dealing with other areas of the coin but the important stuff happens on the pitch and they're taking no action just like the Glazers.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Honestly think people need to be patient.
It seems it'll boil down to whether we sack this guy off or he gets to ruin another season for United fans. If they don't, my already low expectations would be close to 0.

The earlier he goes, the better.
Honestly think people need to be patient. Getting the right structure in place (hopefully) doesn't mean it'll work out perfectly from the start. But a clear plan and continuity the will make the chances of succeeding bigger.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Honestly think people need to be patient.

Honestly think people need to be patient. Getting the right structure in place (hopefully) doesn't mean it'll work out perfectly from the start. But a clear plan and continuity the will make the chances of succeeding bigger.
I'm not saying they won't do a good job but I base my expectations on real world observations (and the thread is about expectations).

If they delay the sacking, it'll take two more years to convince me they know what they're doing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm not saying they won't do a good job but I base my expectations on real world observations (and the thread is about expectations).

If they delay the sacking, it'll take two more years to convince me they know what they're doing.
I'm usually a realist, but from what we're seeing this far I choose to be optimistic. Maybe it's from thinking it can't get much worse though. Who knows..

JohnnyKills

100% confident. Will take a good couple of years though.

We'll see loads of players go this summer.

thisisnottaken1

I'm usually a realist, but from what we're seeing this far I choose to be optimistic. Maybe it's from thinking it can't get much worse though. Who knows..
Exactly the same here. I’m usually a realist as well, which means knowing that things have and will continue to be bad, but I want to believe that INEOS can turn things around. I really do. I’m fed up of eleven years of us going nowhere.

Jericholyte2

Unless they authorise the sale of anyone then I won’t have confidence in their abilities to change things.

Yakuza_devils

They really need to show more ambition than this, surely? ETH is nowhere good enough. We have been embarrassingly outplayed by many teams this season. Enough is enough. If this is so obvious to the fans I hope the Ineos team have the same take on the situation

Oscar Bonavena

To answer the original question, not confident of success, no, but confident that they won't be the absentee landlords that the Glazers have been and that they'll at least try to get the best personnel and systems in place behind the scenes to get United challenging again.