Are you confident of success in the INEOS era?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
There’s a difference between media click bait and actual links. Surely we’ve learned by now no one has a clue and the more controversial the story i.e. Southgate the more clicks it gets. Let’s at least see what they do once the hires are in before wetting the bed.
Exactly ⬆

It’s just those morons at the Mail and ESPN or Twitter kids with a few k followers. And we run around like headless chickens.

When Whitwell and more so, Ornstein are saying it… THEN I’ll panic.

Until then they’ve got someone with huge experience of top athletes, someone with great experience of a senior role at a big club/group of clubs, etc etc and hopefully Ashworth. Everything suggests they’ll make the best managerial appointment, even if it’s a stepping stone to the next level.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Well should Poch be excused? Both had a similar team of players and failed. Klopp hasn't got good owners either, but he majes Liverpool good.
I don't want either, but Boehly and the Chelsea ownership is clueless.

Can't judge a manager based on that shit show.

pascell

It's a long road back, they have to start making decisions that the previous regime wouldn't, ie selling Rashford and others who are not performing

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The longer it goes on with no whispers either way on ETH, and the possibility of him staying still looms, it does worry me. I hope they are putting in a lot of work on this front behind the scenes. If they chose to keep him then I'd be fuming, as it tells me they're actually so arrogant that they think they can polish a turd and ignore what we've all witnessed for 18 months now. Either that or we're actually skint and can't even afford to sack the guy. I don't know which is worse in the bigger picture.
I think the opposite will happen. I think it’s a done deal that he moves on. New owners often want there own man to come in and take charge then it will be all there own doing… they’ll want the glory for themselves rather than a manager they didn’t employ.

thisisnottaken1

The funny thing is, post WW2 anyway, we've never been a well run club. Our success has come from the magic of two managers. There has never really been a structure.

If INEOS (a big if, never trust anyone who owns the club) can build something that can bring in success across different managers, they will have left a massive imprint across the club.
That’s actually a very important thing. We’ve only won the league under three managers - Ernest Mangnall, Matt Busby, and Alex Ferguson. We won our first two leagues in 1908 and 1911 and had to wait until 1952 before we won the league again. That was the first of five league wins under Busby, and of course we wouldn’t win the league again after 1967 until 1993, when we won the first ever Premier League, and the first of our 13 Premier League titles.

I really do hope that INEOS can implement a good proper structure that can be a springboard for success. Because unfortunately, it just seems that the period since 2013 has been a reversion to the norm for the club. The fact that Busby and Ferguson won 18 titles between them also shows how they are without a doubt two of the best managers in football history.

DJ_21

It's a long road back, they have to start making decisions that the previous regime wouldn't, ie selling Rashford and others who are not performing
Yep I actually think Rashford is one of the main reasons we’re so bad. It has to be, he’s the only one that’s been in the squad since the LVG days. It’s like he’s immune to being sold though. We need to be ruthless. Think it’s harder for the club because he’s one of our own. But he’s just not good enough anymore. That hungry player as gone from inside of him. There’s no desire anymore.

Woziak

Yep I actually think Rashford is one of the main reasons we’re so bad. It has to be, he’s the only one that’s been in the squad since the LVG days. It’s like he’s immune to being sold though. We need to be ruthless. Think it’s harder for the club because he’s one of our own. But he’s just not good enough anymore. That hungry player as gone from inside of him. There’s no desire anymore.
It’s more about building a cohesive attacking unit, that works together, defends together or attacks together and Marcus is just not happy, only Arsenal and PSG would show real interest at the £80m United would want ?

Only a coach like Ancelotti can get him playing like a world beater and that’s not an option right now! He’s too off the cuff, undisciplined and doesn’t work for the benefit of the team, he’s getting dropped for the EUROS so that might make up his mind!

Godfather

This summer will show what they are about. We are going nowhere. A huge managerial and player overhaul is needed starting from this very summer. Bit concerning we aren't really hearing anything from them.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This summer will show what they are about. We are going nowhere. A huge managerial and player overhaul is needed starting from this very summer. Bit concerning we aren't really hearing anything from them.
I can't get over how quiet it is. Perhaps they don't want to completely derail us, but right now they're letting it go up in flames whilst they remain silent. That's how it looks from the outside.

Godfather

I can't get over how quiet it is. Perhaps they don't want to completely derail us, but right now they're letting it go up in flames whilst they remain silent. That's how it looks from the outside.
Yeah a bit more noise could only help us at the moment. Our performances can't get any worse. Noise of a new manager might fire some of our players up again.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yeah a bit more noise could only help us at the moment. Our performances can't get any worse. Noise of a new manager might fire some of our players up again.
They could just sack him, get a temp in, and have the new guy ready on a pre-contract for this summer.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The more they dither on ETH, the more we get linked to managers like Southgate and Potter, the less confident I get.
I don't see how they're dithering. It was clear from day one that the plan was to assess how the club is run, make the necessary changes then address the managers position. They were put in a tough spot taking charge half way through a season and of course the people they want to hire to run the football side can't join until the summer.

Godfather

They could just sack him, get a temp in, and have the new guy ready on a pre-contract for this summer.
Would be my preference for a couple of months now. Seems they are still struggling with getting the people above the manager though which sucks

The Mitcher

I don't see how they're dithering. It was clear from day one that the plan was to assess how the club is run, make the necessary changes then address the managers position. They were put in a tough spot taking charge half way through a season and of course the people they want to hire to run the football side can't join until the summer.
It doesn't take a few months to see how bad ETH is. His position is as important as the others. SJR shouldn't be saying we need top 4/5 for FFP if he's not going to sack ETH.

The Mitcher

Would be my preference for a couple of months now. Seems they are still struggling with getting the people above the manager though which sucks
They are the ones in charge though? Pretty sure SJR get's his pick of managers and staff, correct?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They'd been trying to buy the club for 12 months. I mean, did they not watch us beforehand? Surely they did...

DJ_21

They seem like the type to do business under the radar though. No leaks which is a good thing right?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It doesn't take a few months to see how bad ETH is. His position is as important as the others. SJR shouldn't be saying we need top 4/5 for FFP if he's not going to sack ETH.
I think INEOS recognised that we had bigger problems at the club that needed addressing first and they want the people they hire (Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox) to make the decision on sacking the manager and hiring the next one.

I would be stunned if ten Hag is here next season. The new structure will want their own guy.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
They seem like the type to do business under the radar though. No leaks which is a good thing right?
See the Omar Berrada hire. Media got wind of it then it was officially announced by the club within an hour or two.

The Mitcher

I think INEOS recognised that we had bigger problems at the club that needed addressing first and they want the people they hire (Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox) to make the decision on sacking the manager and hiring the next one.

I would be stunned if ten Hag is here next season. The new structure will want their own guy.
Bigger problems? You can't get much bigger than a financial loss caused by a crap manager.

DJ_21

See the Omar Berrada hire. Media got wind of it then it was officially announced by the club within an hour or two.
I didn’t think there was anything about that. A lot of us was shocked we managed to do it so quietly.

Redstain

The next individual they hire as manager will be a large portion of the criteria for their success. It takes a successful manager to establish a successful structure. Liverpool's development from Brendan to Klopp is definitive of this seeing they played under the same hierarchy.

The writing has been on the wall for months with Erik. If the manager couldn't inspire his team to perform 10 games into the season there's no way it would happen 20 or 30 fixtures in. Many will elucidate injuries as the determination to failure this season but above and beneath the surface it's been dreadful coaching, a wayward philosophy and terrible managerial instructions. None of us have to be in the dressing room to determine this the team are incapable of playing well for 30 mins.

INEOS can't be indecisive, identify how they want Manchester United to represent itself as a team, recruit a manager that fits that ideology / directive and acquire players who are capable of enforcing that vision. It should be a top down approach, not some 'see how he does' attitude with a failing limited manager.

Mr Smith

Well should Poch be excused? Both had a similar team of players and failed. Klopp hasn't got good owners either, but he majes Liverpool good.
Doesn't that tell you it has more to do with the bloated squad and poor ownership than it does both those managers? Four managers have now tried and failed to lift that squad out if mid-table mediocrity. Say what you want about their tenures elsewhere, but I personally don't judge Poch, Potter, Tuchel or even Lampard on their time under Bohley.

ForeverRed1

The summer will tell us everything we need to know. I’m impressed with the people they have recruited so far though.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I wanted Potter as 2nd choice after EtH (don't shoot me), so I think he might be better than people think but it'll require a complete overhaul of the squad.

Big personalities and earners will need to go if he's got s sliver of a chance of being successful. I'd definitely prefer Nagelsmann for sure because he's shown he doesn't give a damn by telling Neuer to do one and I honestly wanted him for the OGS replacement.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
They'll have to make some big summer moves for me to be confident in them. We'd know nothing has changed if Mr Hack stays on or the likes of Maguire, AWB, McTom etc get new contracts. They need to be brutal with the cull.

Judas

Open to offers
Massively so. Bit bemused at people wanting us to be leaky and stuff being played out in the media for all to see? That was a huge negative under the previous regimes for me, constant briefings etc. predictably placed exactly when you'd expect them.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think they are in troubles now.
ETH is very clearly done now at this club, do we have money to sack him and appoint a new manager?
It's not like there's any obvious / popular choice and frankly I'm not sure those available managers will be very willing to join us in the first place.
Do we have money to spend? I'd imagine Ineos would want Glazers to chip in, but I'm afraid they might tell SJR to feck off, because the responsibility is more kind of shared.

I am not optimistic at all.

Rojofiam

I think they are in troubles now.
ETH is very clearly done now at this club, do we have money to sack him and appoint a new manager?
It's not like there's any obvious / popular choice and frankly I'm not sure those available managers will be very willing to join us in the first place.
Do we have money to spend? I'd imagine Ineos would want Glazers to chip in, but I'm afraid they might tell SJR to feck off, because the responsibility is more kind of shared.

I am not optimistic at all.
What is this? When have the Glazers ever chipped in? We will either keep spending the club's own revenue to sign new players, or Ineos will help out with money from their own pockets. There will be a set budget before the window opens and the Glazers have nothing to do with our transfers anymore. They won't be able to interfere with our transfer dealings anymore. That was the whole point of Ratcliffe's investment. Total control of football operations. Like I said, predetermined budgets and no sign-off requirement from Joel or any other Glazer sibling.

I don't know how people still don't understand this, 4 months after the takeover was officially announced.

It's also a myth that Ratcliffe will sack and appoint new managers. He's hiring a whole new football structure to run the club for him. He won't be the one to make the call on the manager. That will be Ashworth and Berrada.

The Hacker

Given how long it eventually took for INEOS to get into the club, the impact of which means our preferred back office positions can’t be filled until the various gardening periods are over means we won’t see actual progress for another year I bet. The footballing new board will make the decision on transfers and the new manager etc but only when formally in. I have faith as they can’t be as inept and the Glazers and Co, but I don’t expect instant results.

wolvored

They can’t be as poor as the leeches.
My only worry at the moment is the fact JR wants to build this great BOH team yet won’t pay the release clause for Ashworth or Wilcox so they can start immediately. Surely starting with one hand tied behind your back is setting the wrong trend.