Are you happy for David Moyes?

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
He was absolutely shite for us but his long Everton stint did show he was a really capable mid table above average manager.

I personally am really glad he has made a comeback after a few poor stints and hope he can carry this on with West Ham and create a second legacy like he did with Everton. They probably would be my second team next season as I did have a soft spot for him in his Everton days. Especially if they buy Lingard.

Zoo

I’m not bothered either way. I’d like to be happy for him but his constant refusal to take any responsibility regarding his time at United makes that impossible.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's done very well to rebuild his reputation as everything he touched turned to brown after leaving Everton for quite a while.

Classic wobble at the end when they could have got into top 4 with a win v Everton though. But 6th at West Ham is a superb result.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He was absolutely shite for us but his long Everton stint did show he was a really capable mid table above average manager.

I personally am really glad he has made a comeback after a few poor stints and hope he can carry this on with West Ham and create a second legacy like he did with Everton. They probably would be my second team next season as I did have a soft spot for him in his Everton days. Especially if they buy Lingard.
United fans that have some kind of beef with him are a bit weird. Didn't work out for him here at all (impossible job tbh) but I certainly hold nothing against him.

That said, West Ham are an odious club and I wish them every imaginable misfortune.

Skills

Snitch
Not bothered - and I'm still disappointed he ever managed us. However I'll acknowledge he's done a good job with West Ham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m not bothered either way. I’d like to be happy for him but his constant refusal to take any responsibility regarding his time at United makes that impossible.
Has he ever been quizzed about his comments about United players being "winners" the second he joined, only for it to quickly change to "we need 6 players to win the European cup", to not too long after "the squad needed loads of work" :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
"I couldn't care less." - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

no. I will never have anything positive to say about him, unless he acknowledges he failed at United.

would prefer it if he was no longer involved in football. I at least acknowledge my failings, and I’m a bitter cnut.

furthermore - I can’t believe a United supporter could ever have West Ham as a ‘second team’, irrespective of who is managing them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The guys a cock, takes no responsibility for the decisions he made that turned us from champions to Everton. Also has an arrogance about him that was supposedly prevalent at Carrington. He’s reached his level once more....nice one.

OleBoiii

Don't care about Moyes. I wish him neither success nor failure.

Fun to see a different team make it, though. Happy for Lingard as well.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Awful club, awful manager, couldn’t care less.

Idxomer

Indifferent, Mourinho made me shift any bitterness I had remaining for Moyes towards him.

GodShaveTheQueen

furthermore - I can’t believe a United supporter could ever have West Ham as a ‘second team’, irrespective of who is managing them.
Maybe I am not that aware of the history of the rivalry as such (please feel free to educate me)

But I don't mind following the fixtures of a second club with interest if there are personnel I have a soft spot for. As long as it's not one of the major rivals of course.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He was shit for us and refused to take any responsibility.

Don’t dislike him but couldn’t care less for his success.

Varun

Staff
No but then I don't really care how Dean Dyche's career turns out either.

He's a non entity who ended up being offered a job he wasn't good enough for, took it like anyone else would and got booted like it was always going to be. He doesn't think it's really his fault but that's hardly a reason to hold a grudge.

Red Star One

Hard ask to be thrilled for him as a United fan, for most of us he’ll always go down as the first tragic chapter of an awful post SAF period. Nonetheless, West Ham were very good this season and he deserves credit - they didn’t only rack up plenty of points, they seemed solid, reliable and well drilled, this is something that is down to manager. Very good chemistry in that team too. I was never a fan of Moyes and I doubt I will ever be one, but that was one of the best seasons in his career

Maybe I am not that aware of the history of the rivalry as such (please feel free to educate me)

But I don't mind following the fixtures of a second club with interest if there are personnel I have a soft spot for. As long as it's not one of the major rivals of course.
there’s a few incidents from the 90’s. Granted it’s 25 years ago, so you have to be a certain age! I don’t think anyone above 40 who has followed the club could in anyway have West Ham as a second team. It’s not a rivalry as such - it is on their side, we are apparently their 4th most hated team!

GodShaveTheQueen

there’s a few incidents from the 90’s. Granted it’s 25 years ago, so you have to be a certain age! I don’t think anyone above 40 who has followed the club could in anyway have West Ham as a second team. It’s not a rivalry as such - it is on their side, we are apparently their 4th most hated team!
Fair enough. Obviously not old enough to know and a quick google search didn't tell me much.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I am quite happy for him. Was out of his depth here, but failing for Man Utd shouldn't mean that you aren't good enough. His reputation suffered terribly and he became the butt of jokes. I'm glad he's found a decent size club and can make people realize that he is a decent manager and can do a job for mid-size clubs

Gavinb33

Happy is the wrong word for it I think.

I am glad he showed he is a good manager because he was terrible for us, but he is a good manager at West Ham's level and expectation is his level and he might over achieve with them probably like this season I doubt he does the same again next season though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Sure - as terrible as he was for us, it wasn't his fault he was offered a job he had no right to ever be considered for. But this is his level, and there's no shame in that.

West Ham are a hugely unlikable club though, so I'm not happy enough for him to forget that :lol:

SeanyC

I can’t help think that if we’d given him one more year, what might have been. He just was too slow at making decisions and whatever ones he did make they were wrong. Maybe if he was given another shot he’d do it different and better

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
they hate us. The Ince transfer really didn’t help, and the last game of the season in 1995.
I went to West Ham in 92 the game that effectively cost us the league. Honestly never seen such a rabid bunch of fans. Aeroplanes and everything, celebrating like they’d won the league at the end. Pricks. Have a manager to boot now.

Robertd0803

Couldnt care less. They only got it because of Jesse.

Hopefully they have a shocker trying to balance Europa and league next season and get relegated.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Weirdly, yes. Like it’s charming when you see the chronic loser get his first girlfriend

acolyte

Short answer: no

Long answer: he's a career mediocrity who lacked even the insight to know how out of his depth he was at United. He was Dunning-Kruger personified. Nothing was ever his fault and he would never accept responsibility for what went wrong that season. There's nothing about him that's likeable or sympathetic. I legitimately liked feckin Mourinho more than I liked him.

Worst manager we have ever had, and I'll continue wishing him failure as long as he blames everybody but himself for it.

West Ham are also a horrible club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't think about him, so I assume that I don't care about him either.