Argentina NT

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Yeah, no way are they overrated. Underrated, if anything. A very, very solid, balanced side with no real 90s style superstars except Messi. I notice as well that all my Argie pals really love this side and are very up for the World Cup. I have no doubts that will go very far.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah, no way are they overrated. Underrated, if anything. A very, very solid, balanced side with no real 90s style superstars except Messi. I notice as well that all my Argie pals really love this side and are very up for the World Cup. I have no doubts that will go very far.
I reckon it’s between them and Brazil.

wangyu

In the months leading up to Argentina’s copa america victory spirits were already blossoming. The victory of the tournament in itself further improved self confidence and team spirit. I personally see them as top favorites for the world cup, they have an aura around them, they work (very) hard and the enthusiasm is comparable with that of Italy during their glorious European championship victory run.

Individually this is far from their best side ever but people tend to forget that football is a team sport and as a team there is none better than this Argentina.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Individually this is far from their best side ever but people tend to forget that football is a team sport and as a team there is none better than this Argentina.
Agreed , I think their spirit and togetherness resembles the Danish squad.

With the added quality on top they will be a test for anyone.

I do worry about ill discipline though, there are a number of players who are walking yellow (or red) cards and I think it may be their downfall eventually.

Pocho

This is football and anything can happen. For example being kicked out in phase groups but not at all overrated

IFC 1905

This is the first Argentina side during the Messi era (after 2009) in which Messi isn't the one who must do anything.

He is the icing on the cake in this team. Before, he had to be the whole cake.

And I think that make his game even more dangerous and therefore the whole team is more dangerous.

colombianmancunian

Yes, they won Copa America and are undefeated for like 30 games but they suck. Colombia is better
Copa America which has became a yearly tournament and they lost twice to Chile.

Colombia is shit, the past generation (Falcao, James, Cuadrado) is old as feck and nowhere near their peak level, the coach (that coward rueda) was only interested in tying games. Argentina has always been better than colombia (colombia is nothing at NT level aside from 2 golden generations which won nothing). What it have to do with Argentina being average?

If South American teams competed against European teams on a league system, Brasil would be top 3, argentina mid table and the rest relegation fodder. The difference is that much.

Pocho

Colombia is shit, the past generation (Falcao, James, Cuadrado) is old as feck and nowhere near their peak level, the coach (that coward rueda) was only interested in tying games. Argentina has always been better than colombia (colombia is nothing at NT level aside from 2 golden generations which won nothing). What it have to do with Argentina being average?

If South American teams competed against European teams on a league system, Brasil would be top 3, argentina mid table and the rest relegation fodder. The difference is that much.
I’m talking about this NT. Not about the one who draw, not lost, twice against Chile. This NT humiliated the European Champion so maybe it’s not as bad as you claim. I’m not saying that will win the Cup, but I’m going to give credit to what they’ve been doing up to now.

Lecland07

I’m talking about this NT. Not about the one who draw, not lost, twice against Chile. This NT humiliated the European Champion so maybe it’s not as bad as you claim. I’m not saying that will win the Cup, but I’m going to give credit to what they’ve been doing up to now.
The European champions also got beaten by North Macedona and, thus, failed to get into the world cup, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

IFC 1905

The colombian who knows about football the most:

Pocho

What is their starting XI for the World Cup?
—————————Martínez—————————-
Molina—Cuti Romero—Martínez/Omendi—Acuña
-----------Lo Celso------,De Paul--------Paredes
Messi---------Lautaro Martínez-----Di María

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Argentina trashed Italy in that Finallisma game, the same Italy who won the Euros you know.

I mean, I don’t understand how you can rate countries like Spain and Germany but then completely dismiss Argentina.

NoPace

—————————Martínez—————————-
Molina—Cuti Romero—Martínez/Omendi—Acuña
-----------Lo Celso------,De Paul--------Paredes
Messi---------Lautaro Martínez-----Di María
Solid team. Is Alvarez in with a shout to win the LW job over Di Maria?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This Argentina team has a bit of grit in them. They aren't as talented as other big national teams but they know how to play as a team. Scaloni deserves huge credit for this.

Martinez won't start. He prefers Otamandi and Romero. They are very aggressive and physical. Believe they have huge chance of reaching semi finals this year.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I think a lot of posters are making the mistake of criminally underrating this Argentina team. Unfortunately I rate them higher than my beloved Brazil, and I think they will surprise a lot of people in the World Cup.