Armel Bella-Kotchap

Kag

You see Chelsea stumping up scary money for Fofana and it makes you wonder how this lad gets picked up for so little by Southampton. Can’t help but think two years down the line the same situation will arise as it has with Fofana.

jesperjaap

Always? He's done well in the 54 minutes of this one game, never heard of him before then.
He was a player I saw linked a number of times with towards the end of last season. One of the big favourites Ragnick wanted to put forward apparently as an advisor.

Is only one game, but bar his shooting i thought he was faultless today, £10m could be the signing of the season if he carries on with that level of performance

SAFMUTD

Another great game now against Chelsea. Thats 3 really good games against Leicester, us and Chelsea. I hope we're keeping tabs on him, he's a star in the making. Tall, fast, strong, technical and only 20 years old.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sell Maguire and sign this lad

tomaldinho1

Someone in another thread said he's another of Rangnick's recommendations...
Ragnick & Hasenhuttl play broadly the same system so not surprising, he probably recommended him to them as well. Physically imposing, fast and hard working players are their bread and butter. That Lavia is only 18 as well.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Haven't seen him play other than our game but if he's as good as being made out, refreshing to see a good young German CB. Him and Schloterbeck would be a good CB partnership.

CM

He looks a talent. Very good against us and Chelsea

captaincantona

What was he cooking?
Boat has sailed with this guy…look at what Cucarella went for after a good season. we would be paying €50million+ for this guy next season if continues this form.

We should follow Rangicks other suggested CB Eric Martel who has gone to Koln. If he keeps progressing then get a deal in place for the summer - cheaper but just as imposing.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
My man. He's been absolutely killing it.

Outside of the obvious former City players, Mara's one to watch out for as well. Didn't come on today as Southampton were wanting to keep the scoreline but he looks very promising on the attacking front.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
My man. He's been absolutely killing it.

Outside of the obvious former City players, Mara's one to watch out for as well. Didn't come on today as Southampton were wanting to keep the scoreline but he looks very promising on the attacking front.
Do you follow the 2. Bundesliga, how did you know if him? Granted I haven't watched nearly the amount of German youth football I used to back in the day, but I'm surprised you were confident of his ability given his lack of exposure at the top level.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Where'd they find this guy? He's as impressive as Wesley Fofana. Born in France but German. Wow.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
That well timed tackle on Elenga in the penalty box got my notice, continued his fine form again against Chelsea.

We should be keeping a close watch on him, we'll need to replace Maguire and Lindelöf soon.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Where'd they find this guy? He's as impressive as Wesley Fofana. Born in France but German. Wow.
He has played one strong Bundesliga season, being one of the key players in Bochum's surprisingly calm cruise to stay in the league and the season before he was crucial in them being promoted to the first division.

If you follow the Bundesliga as a whole and don't focus on the top clubs he wasn't difficult to find and it was obvious that his attributes would fit well in the PL. There was of course no guarantee that he hit the ground running as he did but I don't think it's a big surprise.

avgp_1

A lot of promising stuff yesterday, really liked how he cuts off threats before they develop, doesn't have to go last ditch tackling. Was left exposed to the Chelsea attackers a few times but his decision making was spot on each time.

Unlike most promising young CBs he doesn't go chasing to win the ball and get dragged out of position. His awareness has been impressive although only a few games to judge. Have to see more on the ball but so far he looks quality

I’m loving my life

That well timed tackle on Elenga in the penalty box got my notice, continued his fine form again against Chelsea.

We should be keeping a close watch on him, we'll need to replace Maguire and Lindelöf soon.
We should send those two jokers to the abyss* and slap down 100 mil** for this guy right now.

*reserves, for several years, but carry on paying them
**even if we’re only quoted 50 mil for him we should make a

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do you follow the 2. Bundesliga, how did you know if him? Granted I haven't watched nearly the amount of German youth football I used to back in the day, but I'm surprised you were confident of his ability given his lack of exposure at the top level.
There's a caf thing that is a bit like FM but the players ratings etc are based on real life. Anyway I signed him back in 2019 when he was playing in 2. Bundesliga and from there tried to watch matches with him in when I could - was easier last season when they were finally promoted to the Bundesliga. There's a German manager in the league who like you didn't know much about him but yeah I've been invested in how he's been doing for a while.

He was linked with Crystal Palace a couple of years ago and glad he didn't go there under Hodgson. This team and Southampton's strategy suits him right to the ground.

Apparently he's got a 40M buyout

Hawkswood on SaintsWeb said:
FYI for everyone. His agent says he is a two year project with us ( expected) and also, here comes the bad bit - he has a 40m buy out. Apparently one of the terms of the deal which is I suppose the way we operate now so let's enjoy him for the next two seasons. If he lasts that long !

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Certainly looks perfect for a high defensive line. If he keeps this up will be a bargain for somebody.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But he comes from the Bundesliga, surely he can´t be a good player!

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
You see Chelsea stumping up scary money for Fofana and it makes you wonder how this lad gets picked up for so little by Southampton. Can’t help but think two years down the line the same situation will arise as it has with Fofana.
Big clubs just monitor players like this, wait to see if they can step up in a middle of the road team and then they pounce. Would be nice for bigger teams to take chances on these players before having to pay triple (or more) for the player with a year or two more experience under his belt.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He got into the national team squad for the first time for the upcoming matches.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He got into the national team squad for the first time for the upcoming matches.
Flick locking him down for Germany. :cool:
(I know he only featured in Germany‘s Under-teams.)