Television Arrow | Ending on Season 8

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Slade is awesome, a proper scene stealer. Shame he and Oliver didn't switch places so the show could change to 'Deathstroke' instead.

Adrian Chase was fecking brilliant too.

Sylar

That. WAS. FCKIN. AWESOME!

Seriously, what a finale. It was a wrap up of five years (maybe 10 if you include the flashbacks which will no longer be there), and ended with a bang.

Normally id say theres no way they all died (the caged one surely dies regardless, and they couldnt have saved Earth2 Laurel right?), but then its a comic book show so who knows. (likely that the underground prison thing is close by and Slade lead them there in time?) But one things for sure, they have a great cliffhanger for next season which is ultimately a new start for them.

Black Canary vs Black Canary, Nyssa vs Talia,, Slade f'n Wilson just being a badass in general and of course Arrow vs Prometheus being more about Oliver vs Chase.

Chase was fantastic. Its a shame to see him go because hes easily the second best villain (if not top) this show has seen.

This was an amazing season overall with a fantastic finale. S2 is my fav but I think this one is above s1 now. It went back to basics and it worked.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Phenomenal final. This season was awesome, Chase knocked it out of the park all season. I can see them kill off the mom and maybe leave Slade up in the air too while he ushers them into the prison or something. Reset a few things, present a new dynamic where Ollie has to take care of his son while being the Green Arrow. That poor kid btw, so traumatized.

Sylar

That kid is going to be taller than Oliver next time film.

Also im assuming Malcolm found a way to get Boomerang onto the landmine to replace him and then run off himself before it went boom. There was a big delay before it happened.

LonelyFire

That kid is going to be taller than Oliver next time film.

Also im assuming Malcolm found a way to get Boomerang onto the landmine to replace him and then run off himself before it went boom. There was a big delay before it happened.
Barrowman already confirmed he wont be appearing in any of the DC shows next year, therefore, i wouldnt be so sure.

Sylar

Barrowman already confirmed he wont be appearing in any of the DC shows next year, therefore, i wouldnt be so sure.
Maybe, but theres still a chance he did that, disappears and then returns a season after - taking a big break.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe, but theres still a chance he did that, disappears and then returns a season after - taking a big break.
Yeah most likely this. If he was going permanently it would be on-screen. He'll make an epic resurgence in a couple seasons or so.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Weird. Arrow has been somewhat poor this season aside from Chase who's an epic villain. Flash, on the other hand, was decent throughout. However, Arrow over took it towards the last few episodes and killed it with the finale. Great episode. Probably the best yet.

bucky

Weird. Arrow has been somewhat poor this season aside from Chase who's an epic villain. Flash, on the other hand, was decent throughout. However, Arrow over took it towards the last few episodes and killed it with the finale. Great episode. Probably the best yet.
Good place as any to ask. Who is still watching all of the CW shows? Because I'm only watching Flash and I can't say, I'm still enjoying it. If people had to rank the shows, which show had the best season, which show the weakest?

Di Maria's angel

Good place as any to ask. Who is still watching all of the CW shows? Because I'm only watching Flash and I can't say, I'm still enjoying it. If people had to rank the shows, which show had the best season, which show the weakest?
IMO: DC legends was great (7/10), in its own way; Arrow (6/10) then Flash (5.5/10).

I don't watch Supergirl.

Sylar

I watch all of them.
Arrow started slower as it sorta felt like a fresh new start, but had a fantastic ending.
I give the shows season 8/10 (as it was the way it brought not only the season but the last five years (10 if you count flashbacks) together as a wrap). Overall, probably my fav season since s2.
Legends 7.5/10 - so much fun, its different to the other shows just because of how much fun it has with itself. It was a huge improvement overall on s1 and had some great villains. I dont remember hating any episodes or even the characters.
Supergirl 6/10 - had some fun moments. Again better than s1 but also had some characters they couldnt do much with (or have no idea what to do with, so are just... there). I thought the finale arc was better due to some characters they brought back - I remember it more towards the end of the season than the beginning (except the first couple of episodes for obvious reasons).
Flash 5.5/10 - It was disappointing overall. The finale was ok, and I didnt hate it as much as others, but even so, from all the things they could have gone with, I think some things were either rushed or not done as well as they could have been. Just felt underwhelming esp compared to s1 and s2.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I'm watching all 4, will watch Black Lightning too.
The Flash - 6/10
Arrow - 8/10 but only because Chase was so awesome and the last third of the season killed it
Legends of Tomorrow - 9/10 I might be skewed on this as the hawks being gone made it so much better
Supergirl - 5/10

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'm watching all 4, will watch Black Lightning too.
The Flash - 6/10
Arrow - 8/10 but only because Chase was so awesome and the last third of the season killed it
Legends of Tomorrow - 9/10 I might be skewed on this as the hawks being gone made it so much better
Supergirl - 5/10
I'd agree with this but bump up Supergirl a bit to a 7.

Sylar

Hes awesome tbh. Even the villains and heroes fan fest over here, he stayed behind about an hour or something to ensure everybody who lined up to see him got to do so. He looks after his fans and deserves what hes getting.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Hes awesome tbh. Even the villains and heroes fan fest over here, he stayed behind about an hour or something to ensure everybody who lined up to see him got to do so. He looks after his fans and deserves what hes getting.
He's a phenomenal human being. He did the Summerslam WWE thing and became good friends with Cody Rhodes (Stardust), teaming up for multiple charity things and he got Cody on Arrow too after he left the WWE. What a man.

Di Maria's angel

Seems like a great guy. Remember him backing Grant Gustin for the Flash in the DC universe films.

I do also remember him having shit opinions on politics, though (me thinks).

ovoxo

So I just finished the 3 seasons of flash and am in need of another good TV show, do you think I should binge season 1-5 of Arrow?

Sylar

So I just finished the 3 seasons of flash and am in need of another good TV show, do you think I should binge season 1-5 of Arrow?
Yes. Imo, 3.5 of the 5 seasons are good/great. (I think this might be general thinking)

But you make up your own mind. Given youve seen Flash, without spoiling, you will see his first introduction here.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Hope Deathstroke's gonna stick around the whole season, Felicity and Curtis die, then hopefully we can have a decent season.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I hope we find out early on that Chase was Vigilante too so we don't have to wonder for too long about it. I say this because it was obviously Josh Segarra's voice every time Vigilante spoke.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Michael Emerson will be playing one of the villains reportedly in the upcoming season.
Kirk Acevedo (Fringe/12 monkeys) will be playing Richard Dragon.

Last edited: