Arse FAM TV

red4ever 79

If anyone is looking for a good Utd fan channel then Webby and O'Neill is good. They have had some good guests on there over the past month, Neville, Scholes, Giggs. Makes a refreshing change to see a channel that is positive and not courting controversy

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Outside the usual places where people would sell knockoff DVD's "back in the day", you would get a lot of people (quite often of an East Asian background) trying to sell said DVD's in pubs across London. No idea how common this was across the rest of the country but it happened to me several times. Sat with a pint and suddenly had ropey copies of Face Off and Men in Black 2 being waved in my face.
This happened to me in a pub by Bethnal Green station every Sunday after playing football, as recently as 2016.

Never took him up on the offer as for me it's Blu Ray or BUST.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don't get this? So white people can't face racism from someone's words unless they have experienced being treated racially in real life?

I personally don't think there was some wider racial subtext from Troopz there, he is too stupid for that. It was more likely the ramblings of a mad BludFam, but imagine that was DT saying "Bergwijn wasnt booked there because he's black"... If one comment is racist, so it's the other, regardless off whether whites or Black's get mistreated by police.
Pretty much.

White people weren't dumped over the side of boats in droves and left to drown in the North Atlantic because they were perceived as less than human. They weren't subject to segregation in schools fifty or so years ago, they have much more household wealth on average, than black or South Asian families. They face racism from social structures like the police on a much larger scale than white people, these things have a material affect and continued racism through discrimination or slurs is a reflection of these systems.

Calling a white person a racist slur, is an anomaly and the reality is those racist structures don't affect them negatively, in the same way black people are.

White people, in this country (UK) at least, are the dominant class, socially, economically etc. An example, I have never been stopped by the police for a stop and search. Black friends who work with me have, multiple times, been stopped but not me? Must be a real random coincidence.

An easy think here is to replace black people with jewish people when thinking about this subject. For example, can you be anti-semitic to a non-Jewish person? Or is it a non sequitur or oxymoron?

Same when people try to both sides the white people suffer racism argument.

Just my two pennies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Pretty much.

White people weren't dumped over the side of boats in droves and left to drown in the North Atlantic because they were perceived as less than human. They weren't subject to segregation in schools fifty or so years ago, they have much more household wealth on average, than black or South Asian families. They face racism from social structures like the police on a much larger scale than white people, these things have a material affect and continued racism through discrimination or slurs is a reflection of these systems.

Calling a white person a racist slur, is an anomaly and the reality is those racist structures don't affect them negatively, in the same way black people are.

White people, in this country (UK) at least, are the dominant class, socially, economically etc. An example, I have never been stopped by the police for a stop and search. Black friends who work with me have, multiple times, been stopped but not me? Must be a real random coincidence.

An easy think here is to replace black people with jewish people when thinking about this subject. For example, can you be anti-semitic to a non-Jewish person? Or is it a non sequitur or oxymoron?

Just my two pennies.
That is one superb post

Pretty much.

Just my two pennies.
Superb post

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Pretty much.

Just my two pennies.
Nice post. Yo be fair, I've been stop searched many times and none of my white mates have so there's that.

With that being said, if you think white people are not as affected by racism then that creates a gray area that will become a mine-field.

Fighting racism with racism surely isn't the answer? It should be equality no?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Nice post. Yo be fair, I've been stop searched many times and none of my white mates have so there's that.

With that being said, if you think white people are not as affected by racism then that creates a gray area that will become a mine-field.

Fighting racism with racism surely isn't the answer? It should be equality no?
I understand your point but we'd probably need a hundred years of black society dominating and subjecting white society for it to be comparable.

Obviously I am not saying fight racism with racism, no one is. I'm of the opinion that saying someone didn't get a booking because he is white isn't racism nor should it be considered racism.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I understand your point but we'd probably need a hundred years of black society dominating and subjecting white society for it to be comparable.

Obviously I am not saying fight racism with racism, no one is. I'm of the opinion that saying someone didn't get a booking because he is white isn't racism nor should it be considered racism.
To be fair, I don't think what troopz said was racist.

I was talking more generally but I do understand your point.

What's your opinion on Claude calling Son a Blu-Ray?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

To be fair, I don't think what troopz said was racist.

I was talking more generally but I do understand your point.

What's your opinion on Claude calling Son a Blu-Ray?
Casual anti-Asian racism, everyone knows it was reference the trope of Asian guys hawking counterfeit DVDs in your local Wetherspoons.

He's apologised and hopefully people will help educate him why that kind of (what he may perceive as harmless pub banter) is not acceptable and wrong.

Most likely was trying to play up to his mates on the channel and also "crack wise" at his least liked teams/star players expense.

You?

Sigma

They will probably lose to Aston Villa and go crazy.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Casual anti-Asian racism, everyone knows it was reference the trope of Asian guys hawking counterfeit DVDs in your local Wetherspoons.

He's apologised and hopefully people will help educate him why that kind of (what he may perceive as harmless pub banter) is not acceptable and wrong.

Most likely was trying to play up to his mates on the channel and also "crack wise" at his least liked teams/star players expense.

You?
Yeah pretty much the same.

My wife is Asian and thought it was a dumb comment to make on live feed but wasn't too bothered by it.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
What don’t you understand? He said that a player didn’t get booked because of the colour of his skin?

How is it not a racist comment?
Well it isn't- it's effectively calling the referee racist, not racist in itself.

It's a stupid comment though.

If he was walking with a white person and got stopped and searched - a "routine check", but his white friend didn't...... If after the search he turned to his white friend and said "you didn't get searched because you are white" is that racist? Well the answer is no.

As stupid as the comment was, he wasn't being racist but making a false claim of racism (which to be clear is also bad).

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Troopz is saying that Harry Kane got the decision because he’s white and to some people this is considered as the superior race. Whilst it’s IMO a very stupid thing to say in this instance and if I was Robbie I'd encouraging him to stay away from any of those kind of comments , there are undoubtedly scenarios in the world where this does apply and is part of racial injustice which many people face and which people are protesting about.

Claude is making fun of the fact that Son is Asian, and is using a word that mocks the asian community and attempt to belittle him. There is a clear difference.
This.

Pretty much sums it up.

Morpheus 7

Some baffling posts in here, Troopz comment was racist. I'm surprised how idiotic some are defending him. Racism isn't exclusive for any one race, it exists in all forms in society. People trying to spin in it. There is so much discrimination in the world at the moment. I'm going to say something, hopefully it doesn't blow your mind. People can be racist towards white people too.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
some of the players like Aubameyang have been sucked into the weird world of AFTV you can see how much the club wants to distance itself from the embarrassment that it is.
The fact that Aubameyang has been sucked in is indicative of his personality and is the same reason a player of his talent is at (and possibly considering staying at) Arsenal.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If anyone is looking for a good Utd fan channel then Webby and O'Neill is good. They have had some good guests on there over the past month, Neville, Scholes, Giggs. Makes a refreshing change to see a channel that is positive and not courting controversy
There's a real charm in older fans talking about United, or football in general. They mis-pronounce loads of names, they don't know how to appear glossy in front of the camera, there's no sort of on-camera chemistry between the two really but you have to respect their opinions and they get great guests on.

Mad how they started up so recently and just got all these class guests on whereas Fulltimedevils / Stretford Paddock can't do that. Wonder what that's about?

red4ever 79

There's a real charm in older fans talking about United, or football in general. They mis-pronounce loads of names, they don't know how to appear glossy in front of the camera, there's no sort of on-camera chemistry between the two really but you have to respect their opinions and they get great guests on.

Mad how they started up so recently and just got all these class guests on whereas Fulltimedevils / Stretford Paddock can't do that. Wonder what that's about?
Webby is well known around OT with the players. Plus most if not all of those interviews are happening at the Hotel opposite the ground. Think Neville and Giggs own that, but could be wrong.

I really like the channel, no controversy, no weird people just trying get publicity. Down to earth chats, direct questions. Gary Neville one was good, because you would think he is still in touch with Ole in some respects, so when he says we need a CB, ST, RW it kind of gives you the idea where Ole is looking at.

GDaly95

Webby is well known around OT with the players. Plus most if not all of those interviews are happening at the Hotel opposite the ground. Think Neville and Giggs own that, but could be wrong.

I really like the channel, no controversy, no weird people just trying get publicity. Down to earth chats, direct questions. Gary Neville one was good, because you would think he is still in touch with Ole in some respects, so when he says we need a CB, ST, RW it kind of gives you the idea where Ole is looking at.
Yeah it is owned by Nev and Giggs but I'm sure FTD or Stretford Paddock or whatever would gladly head to Hotel Football if it meant an interview with the likes of Neville and Giggs.

Can only be a testament as to how well known and respected Webby is around OT.

red4ever 79

Yeah it is owned by Nev and Giggs but I'm sure FTD or Stretford Paddock or whatever would gladly head to Hotel Football if it meant an interview with the likes of Neville and Giggs.

Can only be a testament as to how well known and respected Webby is around OT.
I dont know for sure, Webby was on FTD a lot in the past, and he made out that he had spoken to some of the players, I think they just have the connections. Your right, this channel has had top class guests that Stretford Paddock and United Stand can only dream off. I think also because this channel is not out to cause a reaction with hyperbole opinions. Genuine Utd fans who only want to see the positive. Refreshing to see.

Giggs's face missing that shot was top class (if you havent already seen that one)

SuperiorXI

He worked on the door at hotel football a few times, I've seen him there.

GDaly95

I dont know for sure, Webby was on FTD a lot in the past, and he made out that he had spoken to some of the players, I think they just have the connections. Your right, this channel has had top class guests that Stretford Paddock and United Stand can only dream off. I think also because this channel is not out to cause a reaction with hyperbole opinions. Genuine Utd fans who only want to see the positive. Refreshing to see.

Giggs's face missing that shot was top class (if you havent already seen that one)
I've actually only seen a small clip of Giggs' interview and not sure what you're referring to so I'll go take a look!

Amarsdd

I've actually only seen a small clip of Giggs' interview and not sure what you're referring to so I'll go take a look!
They have a challenge at the end of the interview for some of the guests with O'Neil as the keeper. Giggs's shot got saved I think.
Anyway, Webby and O'Neil have a nice channel going on and its always nice to see older fans perspective on what's going on right now. I find it hilarious when O'Neil is interrogating the guest and pointing fingers aggressively.

speedily21

Why is Troopz focusing on someone’s colour? I don’t get it. I don’t get defending him either as that isn’t how society improves
You focus on colour when you have been unjustly treated because of your colour. Now I don’t believe troops was actually making his point on the actual basis of white privilege. He is an idiot who sometimes talks without really thinking of what he’s saying. But if anyone wants to focus on that statement and say that it was racist, which means you don’t believe white privilege exist then you are part of the problem of racism. There is white privilege in a lot of aspects of our society. And as a man in the BAME society, I encounter it way often than I care to count. It is a REAL problem.
Troops is a feckwit though

red4ever 79

They have a challenge at the end of the interview for some of the guests with O'Neil as the keeper. Giggs's shot got saved I think.
Anyway, Webby and O'Neil have a nice channel going on and its always nice to see older fans perspective on what's going on right now. I find it hilarious when O'Neil is interrogating the guest and pointing fingers aggressively.
Best Utd fan channel out there, plus the guests they have make it genuine

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Watching the FA Cup Preview Show and some of the cast makes an appearance

edit: here's the clip

Last edited:

montpelier

Some baffling posts in here, Troopz comment was racist. I'm surprised how idiotic some are defending him. Racism isn't exclusive for any one race, it exists in all forms in society. People trying to spin in it. There is so much discrimination in the world at the moment. I'm going to say something, hopefully it doesn't blow your mind. People can be racist towards white people too.
Troopz is a racist and you are baffled.

Do you see the basic meaningless of the context in which Troopz said what he said.

In comparison to all history of white-black slavery say.

I guess any instance of black-white discrimination cancels that out for you though.

Morpheus 7

Do you see the basic meaningless of the context in which Troopz said what he said.

I guess any instance of black-white discrimination cancels that out for you though.
WTF are you on about, don't be making light of it. His comment was racist, simple as. None of your what aboutery, all forms of racism is wrong.

montpelier

WTF are you on about, don't be making light of it. His comment was racist, simple as. None of your what aboutery, all forms of racism is wrong.
My whataboutery?

And WTF am I on about?

Give us a bit more. This is tremendous.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why is Robbie allowed to get away with this? He approved this video (and would have been his idea).
Why is Claude going for 'education' but not Robbie too?

Its all well and good apologising now that sponsors have pulled out (and apparently this video had ads on it too), but he clearly went to the initial video and heard it again (fair enough if you miss it on first viewing), spoke to Claude and thought this was worth doing.
The bigger question is will Robbie remove all videos with Claude in them off of his YouTube channel, or will he continue to profit off of them despite having kicked Claude off the channel.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone can be racist towards anyone. There's no "specific direction" with racism. That's not the point and I don't think anyone is claiming that certain races can't be victims of racism or that certain races can't be racist.

The point is whether or not what Troopz said was racist.

Newsflash, it wasn't. It was the equivalent of playing the race card, not a racist comment in itself.

If a black man and white man go for a job and the hiring manager is also black, hires the black man and the white man says "you only got the job because you're black" - that's also not racist. It's a false racism claim. I'm not sure how anyone can't understand that.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Why is Troopz focusing on someone’s colour? I don’t get it. I don’t get defending him either as that isn’t how society improves
He shouldn't be and it was a moronic thing to say and shouldn't be defended. Doesn't mean it was racist. Equally inflammatory and there's no place for it, but it's something other than racism.

People are getting the crime wrong. It's inaccurate to throw everything under 'racism'.

Robbery is not assault. Both are crimes, but they are different things...

red4ever 79

Honestly getting fed up of people trying to justify racist comments, because of historical context. How about we push for equality in life, whether it be race/sexuality or whatever. Claude made a racist comment and was taken off AFTV, only after sponsors started withdrawing. Robbie even tried to excuse Claude's comments. Troopz also made both a racist comment and an assumption that because he is English he receives special favours. He should have also been taken off the channel. The reason why Robbie hasnt removed him, is becase after DT he brings the second highest number of hits to the channel. All of this has shown Robbie in a very poor light in my opinion and the channel is an embarrasement.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Racism can be made by any race against any race. Historically blacks have suffered the mosr from it but it doesn't mean black people cannot be racists themselves to other people (there is already a lot of xenophobia and tribalism among black people already).
I'm just sad that what used to a therapeutic thread has turned into this mess

Pep's Suit

The bigger question is will Robbie remove all videos with Claude in them off of his YouTube channel, or will he continue to profit off of them despite having kicked Claude off the channel.
2-3 months from now and Claude will be back anyway.