Arsenal 2023/24 - Have bottled the Champions League and are Bottling the League

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
I've mentioned this several times, I genuinely don't believe you watch most of the games you comment on.
Very weird outburst to a post made in jest.

And yes you mentioned that before, but not just to me. Its seems like its your silly default response to any fan that provides an opposing view to yours on here (e.g., Declan Rice, Havertz) :).

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal

And yes you mentioned that before, but not just to me. Its seems like its your silly default response to any fan that provides an opposing view to yours on here (e.g., Declan Rice, Havertz) :).
You mean to say that you don't believe that Rashford literally transforms into Pele for home games against Arsenal? I don't believe you - you just clearly haven't watched United enough recently.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

I don't think I've said that to anyone else, but I definitely remember reading elements in your posts that really made me question it.
You mean to say that you don't believe that Rashford literally transforms into Pele for home games against Arsenal? I don't believe you - you just clearly haven't watched United enough recently.
I mean I'm obivously not implying his post was to be read literally - even as an exaggeration, it's a ridiculous post though.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think I've said that to anyone else, but I definitely remember reading elements in your posts that really made me question it.
I searched posts you made with key words "watch games" and this came up

Did you actually watch the game?
So we've settled that, you don't watch him.
Between this and your posts on Rice and Havertz, I'm now pretty much convinced you don't watch games and just go by preconceived ideas of things you think are correct.
Pretty much with all your posts in here, as I've made clear before. I feel you don't actually watch his games
Only those with eyes who watch the games.
You're not much of a "let's actually watch the games and draw conclusions" kind of fan are you?
But, just to reiterate, you have no idea what you're talking about because you haven't watched it. As opposed to the tons of people who have, and who have been unanimous in their assessment.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
4 of those are to the same person (who people who post on here will know about), one of them about a game they admitted they hadn't watched but were commenting! Another one is a turn of phrase that wouldn't apply here, and another is indeed fair play... From 4 years ago! Probably could've made better use of your time.

By watching the game.
In my best Ange Postecoglu voice - "Mate. Mate, mate, mate."
:lol:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Hope we are not thinking Bournemouth are going to be a breeze and already look past them. They likely will not be. That's a team in decent form and could give us some problems.

Reactions: 711

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Hope we are not thinking Bournemouth are going to be a breeze and already look past them. They likely will not be. That's a team in decent form and could give us some problems.
I saw a stat which places them 5th for points gained since 1 Nov. That's mental.

tomaldinho1

To be fair, if that's all you got from their post history for someone who joined in 2010 and most of it is to the same person, it's not particularly damning.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I saw a stat which places them 5th for points gained since 1 Nov. That's mental.
3 points from 27 in their first 9 games and then 46/78 in their next 26. Amazing turnaround.

Only two of their wins against top half sides though (Newcastle and United).

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
3 points from 27 in their first 9 games and then 46/78 in their next 26. Amazing turnaround.

Only two of their wins against top half sides though (Newcastle and United).
Needed some time to adjust to a new league and team, but I guess it´s another example you do not need two years and 400M to learn the strength and weaknesses and to pragmatically install and ultimatelyc continue to form a team from your ideas. Didn´t they also suffer some injuries?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Needed some time to adjust to a new league and team, but I guess it´s another example you do not need two years and 400M to learn the strength and weaknesses and to pragmatically install and ultimatelyc continue to form a team from your ideas. Didn´t they also suffer some injuries?
It's a lazy take that has been used regarding Postecoglou also (usually to bash Ten Hag) - vastly different situations, means and ambitions lead to vastly different contexts and results.

But still great season from them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tbf they've spent 200m euros net in their two seasons in the PL. Only Forest, Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal, United and Chelsea are higher in those two seasons in that respect. Their income has been a measly 1.5m euros from transfers.

tomaldinho1

This squad would have Iraola out within weeks, his game is all about workrate, pressing and basically the opposite of what a number of players are suited to (and probably want). This is why Ineos' job is so big, it's not just about signing a few good players, it's getting rid off all the lazt overpaid ones which is the real challenge. After that happens you can bring in a coach who wants to play that way but not before.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, if that's all you got from their post history for someone who joined in 2010 and most of it is to the same person, it's not particularly damning.
To be honest, that’s only from the first 2 pages of the search results covering the last few years and it’s aimed at 5 different people. There is more but couldn’t bother looking beyond that.