g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Arsenal 2023/24 - Need to beat Everton plus City to drop points

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
I've mentioned this several times, I genuinely don't believe you watch most of the games you comment on.
Very weird outburst to a post made in jest.

And yes you mentioned that before, but not just to me. Its seems like its your silly default response to any fan that provides an opposing view to yours on here (e.g., Declan Rice, Havertz) :).

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal

And yes you mentioned that before, but not just to me. Its seems like its your silly default response to any fan that provides an opposing view to yours on here (e.g., Declan Rice, Havertz) :).
You mean to say that you don't believe that Rashford literally transforms into Pele for home games against Arsenal? I don't believe you - you just clearly haven't watched United enough recently.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

I don't think I've said that to anyone else, but I definitely remember reading elements in your posts that really made me question it.
You mean to say that you don't believe that Rashford literally transforms into Pele for home games against Arsenal? I don't believe you - you just clearly haven't watched United enough recently.
I mean I'm obivously not implying his post was to be read literally - even as an exaggeration, it's a ridiculous post though.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think I've said that to anyone else, but I definitely remember reading elements in your posts that really made me question it.
I searched posts you made with key words "watch games" and this came up

Did you actually watch the game?
So we've settled that, you don't watch him.
Between this and your posts on Rice and Havertz, I'm now pretty much convinced you don't watch games and just go by preconceived ideas of things you think are correct.
Pretty much with all your posts in here, as I've made clear before. I feel you don't actually watch his games
Only those with eyes who watch the games.
You're not much of a "let's actually watch the games and draw conclusions" kind of fan are you?
But, just to reiterate, you have no idea what you're talking about because you haven't watched it. As opposed to the tons of people who have, and who have been unanimous in their assessment.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
4 of those are to the same person (who people who post on here will know about), one of them about a game they admitted they hadn't watched but were commenting! Another one is a turn of phrase that wouldn't apply here, and another is indeed fair play... From 4 years ago! Probably could've made better use of your time.

By watching the game.
In my best Ange Postecoglu voice - "Mate. Mate, mate, mate."
:lol:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Hope we are not thinking Bournemouth are going to be a breeze and already look past them. They likely will not be. That's a team in decent form and could give us some problems.

Reactions: 711

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Hope we are not thinking Bournemouth are going to be a breeze and already look past them. They likely will not be. That's a team in decent form and could give us some problems.
I saw a stat which places them 5th for points gained since 1 Nov. That's mental.

tomaldinho1

To be fair, if that's all you got from their post history for someone who joined in 2010 and most of it is to the same person, it's not particularly damning.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I saw a stat which places them 5th for points gained since 1 Nov. That's mental.
3 points from 27 in their first 9 games and then 46/78 in their next 26. Amazing turnaround.

Only two of their wins against top half sides though (Newcastle and United).

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
3 points from 27 in their first 9 games and then 46/78 in their next 26. Amazing turnaround.

Only two of their wins against top half sides though (Newcastle and United).
Needed some time to adjust to a new league and team, but I guess it´s another example you do not need two years and 400M to learn the strength and weaknesses and to pragmatically install and ultimatelyc continue to form a team from your ideas. Didn´t they also suffer some injuries?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Needed some time to adjust to a new league and team, but I guess it´s another example you do not need two years and 400M to learn the strength and weaknesses and to pragmatically install and ultimatelyc continue to form a team from your ideas. Didn´t they also suffer some injuries?
It's a lazy take that has been used regarding Postecoglou also (usually to bash Ten Hag) - vastly different situations, means and ambitions lead to vastly different contexts and results.

But still great season from them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tbf they've spent 200m euros net in their two seasons in the PL. Only Forest, Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal, United and Chelsea are higher in those two seasons in that respect. Their income has been a measly 1.5m euros from transfers.

tomaldinho1

This squad would have Iraola out within weeks, his game is all about workrate, pressing and basically the opposite of what a number of players are suited to (and probably want). This is why Ineos' job is so big, it's not just about signing a few good players, it's getting rid off all the lazt overpaid ones which is the real challenge. After that happens you can bring in a coach who wants to play that way but not before.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, if that's all you got from their post history for someone who joined in 2010 and most of it is to the same person, it's not particularly damning.
To be honest, that’s only from the first 2 pages of the search results covering the last few years and it’s aimed at 5 different people. There is more but couldn’t bother looking beyond that.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
How much are our players likely on their way out worth? We could see a fair amount leave this summer I suspect.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
How much are our players likely on their way out worth? We could see a fair amount leave this summer I suspect.
Yup. But Ramsdale is the only obvious one to me so far.

We could see a few from Nketiah, ESR, Reiss Nelson, Fabio Vieira leave if they are not happy with being squad players.

Jorginho has just been offered a new contract. Partey looks likely to leave but his link up with Rice in Midfield in the last few games of the season could make Arteta rethink.

Then we have a lot of deadwood (Soares, Lokonga, Elneny etc.). Not sure how many of those just contracts expiring and if we sell, doubt they'll get us much.

thisisnottaken1

We could see a few from Nketiah, ESR, Reiss Nelson, Fabio Vieira leave if they are not happy with being squad players.

Jorginho has just been offered a new contract. Partey looks likely to leave but his link up with Rice in Midfield in the last few games of the season could make Arteta rethink.

Then we have a lot of deadwood (Soares, Lokonga, Elneny etc.). Not sure how many of those just contracts expiring and if we sell, doubt they'll get us much.
I didn’t know that Ramsdale was leaving, is that because Raya has taken his place?

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal

Lokonga might get maybe 12-13 mil, the other two will likely be on free, even if they are still contracted. Not sure how much we can get from Nketiah and ESR. Maybe around the 20 mil mark? Rams maybe 30?

Not sure if Nelson or Vieira will leave. Depends of we buy one upgrade to cover Saka/Odegaard. I wouldn't be surprised Partey stays. Can't rely on him obviously.

I also think Zinny and Jesus could be a temptation, depending on transfers in.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Lokonga might get maybe 12-13 mil, the other two will likely be on free, even if they are still contracted. Not sure how much we can get from Nketiah and ESR. Maybe around the 20 mil mark? Rams maybe 30?

Not sure if Nelson or Vieira will leave. Depends of we buy one upgrade to cover Saka/Odegaard. I wouldn't be surprised Partey stays. Can't rely on him obviously.

I also think Zinny and Jesus could be a temptation, depending on transfers in.
If we got decent offers for Zinchenko and/ir Jesus, I would definitely cash in.

Timber, Tomiyasu and even Kiwior are all superior 1v1 defenders to Zinchenko. And Jesus hasn’t been the same lethal goal threat since picking up a knee injury at the World Cup (which is now 18 months ago).

Their arrival helped us take a serious step forward as club. But Zinchenko is a defender who isn’t great at defending and Jesus is a striker who isn’t great at finishing. As amazing as their all round games are (and they are amazing) can we afford to have players with such important deficiencies in our starting lineup? And would they be happy with a squad role when that is precisely the reason they left City?

thisisnottaken1

If we got decent offers for Zinchenko and/ir Jesus, I would definitely cash in.

Timber, Tomiyasu and even Kiwior are all superior 1v1 defenders to Zinchenko. And Jesus hasn’t been the same lethal goal threat since picking up a knee injury at the World Cup (which is now 18 months ago).

Their arrival helped us take a serious step forward as club. But Zinchenko is a defender who isn’t great at defending and Jesus is a striker who isn’t great at finishing. As amazing as their all round games are (and they are amazing) can we afford to have players with such important deficiencies in our starting lineup? And would they be happy with a squad role when that is precisely the reason they left City?
You lack a good proper striker; whom do you want to sign in the summer?

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
You lack a good proper striker; whom do you want to sign in the summer?
I’m happy with Havertz. If Jesus and Nketiah are sold (which is definitely possible) we’d need someone to compete with him. In a dream world we’d get the likes of Isak. But we’ll probably end up with Zirkzee or Sesko. I don’t think we going big on a CF and I don’t have a problem with that. I’d prefer prioritise a winger that can play on both sides so that we don’t run Saka into the ground (but can also play with him) and a top class midfielder.

thisisnottaken1

I’m happy with Havertz. If Jesus and Nketiah are sold (which is definitely possible) we’d need someone to compete with him. In a dream world we’d get the likes of Isak. But we’ll probably end up with Zirkzee or Sesko. I don’t think we going big on a CF and I don’t have a problem with that. I’d prefer prioritise a winger that can play on both sides so that we don’t run Saka into the ground (but can also play with him) and a top class midfielder.
Fair enough. I will say that Havertz has looked more and more like his price tag was justified in recent weeks.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Fair enough. I will say that Havertz has looked more and more like his price tag was justified in recent weeks.
Unless we can pull off Isak. There is no ST available that would be an upgrade on Havertz in our system. This includes Osimhen which anyway is not an option due to price.

Basso

Bottling the league?
Incredible form in 2024. I would say it´s the opposite but they are just facing cheating City

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
I feel like the club is pretty bad at selling players. But Ramsdale and Nketiah are the two that are pretty sure to leave. If may be difficult offloading Eddie though for a decent price because of the big contract he just signed last season. But between the two, I think the club can get 50m.

Smith Rowe has to be on his way out too. I just can't see him sticking around. If the club had sold him in the summer like they should have, they could have gotten a decent fee. Not sure what they'd get after this season. Maybe 20m?

I think Zinchenko is most likely on his way out too. Unless Arteta actually wants to give him an actual shot in the midfield. Which I wouldn't mind to be honest. But he's done at left back with Timber, Kiwior, and Tomi all being preferred over him. If he's sold, I think he'd at least fetch 20m.

Partey might leave. But who knows after the chemistry he's shown with rice, arteta might want to keep him. No idea what an aging, injury prone, possibly criminal midfielder would fetch in the market. Not much though I'd reckon.

Reiss nelson? Fabio Viera? Could leave. No idea what a team would pay for them

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
Still baffled People thought we have a chance as City will drop points

League was done after the Villa pathetic home loss. Spurs will 100 percent roll over for City

Egalitard

Supports
Arsenal
Am going to be honest and say I waved the white flag this morning - really thought this fixture would be the end of the road for the title race. Just seemed a typical edgy home game where it would all blow up (a la Brighton (h) last season, or Villa this). But we seem more mature than I give us credit for. And yes, got lucky with decisions (though Bournemouth should have been down to ten).

I was a lot more confident about the game at Old Trafford, to be honest. I'm sure I'll be a wreck by the time the game comes around but we're just doing what we have to do at the moment. Two more to go.

Blood Mage

They made Bournemouth look like amateurs today. The same Bournemouth who dominated us home and away. They're so far ahead of us it's depressing and it shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

eire-red

Is Arteta going to write another letter to the FA about given some pretty questionable decisions today? Or is it just a question of integrity when the decisions are against you?

FA should be allowed come down much harder on the likes of O'Neil, Arteta, Nottingham Forest and Co.

mu4c_20le

League was done after the Villa pathetic home loss. Spurs will 100 percent roll over for City
Not if Sir Moyes has something to say about it. This will be decided on the last day.

BorisManUtd

84 points last season - 3rd best after 90 (2003/04) and 87 (2001/02). Whatever happens regarding title they should get at least 87 this season with much better GD than in 01/02. We're poor so they should beat us and get to 89 points, 2nd best after Invincibles.

I know these stats don't mean much unless you win the thing but they haven't been this good for 20 years and even those best teams under Wenger didn't have back-to-back league campaigns like this. Do think they bottled it last season with some poor results like vs Southampton, West Ham, Brighton but not this year.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal

Just hope we get the two last wins out there. Can only do our bit. Very impressed with the lads so far. Two more to finish up!

As for City...they have Fulham and Spurs away and West Ham. All potential banana peels. I think Spurs is still going to give it a go. I hope they have something to fight for when they play them.

Gotta do our bit. One point does nothing at this point, need the win.

Irwin99

Just hope we get the two last wins out there. Can only do our bit. Very impressed with the lads so far. Two more to finish up!

As for City...they have Fulham and Spurs away and West Ham. All potential banana peels. I think Spurs is still going to give it a go. I hope they have something to fight for when they play them.

I hope Arsenal win it but West Ham isn't a slipping point for City, not gonna happen there, especially with City being at home. Fulham is a bit more more realistic perhaps but I think Villa really has to drop points to keep Spurs interested when they play City. Just saw Redknapp on Sky state the obvious and say Spurs would do anything to stop Arsenal winning the league but if they're still in the hunt for top 4 then you never know.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If both teams win the rest of their games, which game will Arse fans look back on as the one that cost them?
Dropping points to Fulham at home with Partey at RB and Havertz lost in midfield. We were bad against West Ham and Villa and deserved to lose but those are the games you have to grind a draw.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It doesn’t really matter. 89 points would be a phenomenal season, whether we win the league or not.
Phenomenally trophyless season. Come on - winning is ultimately all that matters and it’s obviously the Villa game where you shot yourselves. I’m still hoping City slip up.

croadyman

I didn't want you to win it last season,however that was just because I deluded myself into thinking we could find a way to stop them at Wembley. Unfortunately that never materialised so really hope that someone can do you a favour against City in these last few games