Arsenal 2023/24 - Have bottled the Champions League and are Bottling the League

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
With all due respect, id much rather be on Arsenals position then ours currently.

One loss on the league and top of their European group, hardly class that as found out.
No doubt about it, we have been atrocious. That's not the discussion here.

Having said that, if it wasn't for that farce with the Garnacho goal, we'd probably be on the same points in the league as them with both teams out of the league cup, so what does that say about their season so far?

AshRK

No doubt about it, we have been atrocious. That's not the discussion here.

Having said that, if it wasn't for that farce with the Garnacho goal, we'd probably be on the same points in the league as them with both teams out of the league cup, so what does that say about their season so far?
It's funny how if we say arsenal's performance have been underwhelming or call out any of their player or manager , some people are like "hey but United are crap". What has that even got to do with arsenal or this thread. If you want to talk about United, there are plenty of threads critiquing our performances. Join there.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Club statement on racist abuse

Newcastle United strongly condemns racist abuse sent to Bruno Guimarães and Joe Willock via social media following Saturday's victory over Arsenal.
Our message is clear. There is no room for racism in football or society.
We are providing support to Bruno and Joe and will work with relevant authorities and social media platforms to identify those responsible so that they can be held to account.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
You must not have been alive for long or been an Arse fan for long if you are writing this. It's just peak irony.

You Arse fans are truly delusional. The guy was going on about how you've had one loss all season and I rightfully pointed out you should have lost against us if you think crying over the goal today is warranted.

And don't go on about your results and goals, most of them scored against fodder teams. You've been total dross this season and should have also lost against Chelsea who themselves are nothing to write home about.

You've also spent £65m on that clown Havertz that could have gone towards buying someone like Kolo Muani or even Hojlund who's much closer to the profile of player you're missing. However, your jack-in-a-box Spanish fraud decided to cosplay as Pep and played himself.

All in all, I love seeing the bubble burst in real time, shame it's going to benefit our cheating neighbours and those annoying scousers. You had one job and last season you bottled it, now it's time to go back to your top 4 box.
Do you want me to quote the predictions threads here made by United fans before the season started and how many of you had yourselves as champions and runner ups? You'd need a new word to define delusion then. We have the second best defence stats in the league and this is at our worst where we have lost 1 game out of 11 with a very healthy goal scoring ratio. Despite being 'shit'.

Whenever an oil club on the back of cheating and corruption even plays Spurs, never mind Utd, I pray for their battering. Even when united play Newcastle or City I absolutely love it both of the oil clubs are battered. Despite the rivalry I have great respect for United, and this forum as I have been coming here since 2008 and also as mostly as my best friends are all Mancs, 2 of them live across OT. Utd fans like you however make it very difficult, as the labels you cast out at Arsenal or even Liverpool almost all of them apply to you.

We can go back into our Top 4 box, much like you.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't watch the game, eh?
I was at the game, Saka missed utter sitters.

Garnacho's goal standing (or not) doesn't mean you deserved the win or played better. You didn't play better, the numbers alone tell that. I don't remember us whining about Odegaard being wrongly disallowed at OT last year for months and months. Had Garnacho goal stood it would have been a decent away performance at a rival's place considering your form.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
It's funny how if we say arsenal's performance have been underwhelming or call out any of their player or manager , some people are like "hey but United are crap". What has that even got to do with arsenal or this thread. If you want to talk about United, there are plenty of threads critiquing our performances. Join there.
Because calling Arsenal fans delusional is really poor stuff. Especially when so many of you were predicting title wins or runner ups for United pre-season. I can show you the predictions thread.

I mean what do we call that? You've let in 16 goals, almost halfway to the entire goals conceded for us last season and its not even November. The reason we bring YOUR performance up is when we read 'we have been so bad how are we only 6 pts behind Arsenal'. The point is in comparison we have scored the second most goals and second best defence, so considering your performances, your defence the gap of 6 pts isn't going to reduce. No offence. This is why people bring it up.

I am actually amazed at the level of hatred towards Arsenal. I was watching City United and they introduced the game as 'two sides who've won the treble, two sides who've won 3 in a row'. How on earth can any Utd fan be okay with that? In 20 years noone will give a shitte how City won the titles and one day they will overhaul your number, while United fans celebrate Arsenal screwing up.

I personally United rather than City or Newcastle or Chelsea every day of the week. I am amazed its not the same the other way around. But carry on.

AshRK

Because calling Arsenal fans delusional is really poor stuff. Especially when so many of you were predicting title wins or runner ups for United pre-season. I can show you the predictions thread.

I mean what do we call that? You've let in 16 goals, almost halfway to the entire goals conceded for us last season and its not even November. The reason we bring YOUR performance up is when we read 'we have been so bad how are we only 6 pts behind Arsenal'. The point is in comparison we have scored the second most goals and second best defence, so considering your performances, your defence the gap of 6 pts isn't going to reduce. No offence. This is why people bring it up.

I am actually amazed at the level of hatred towards Arsenal. I was watching City United and they introduced the game as 'two sides who've won the treble, two sides who've won 3 in a row'. How on earth can any Utd fan be okay with that? In 20 years noone will give a shitte how City won the titles and one day they will overhaul your number, while United fans celebrate Arsenal screwing up.

I personally United rather than City or Newcastle or Chelsea every day of the week. I am amazed its not the same the other way around. But carry on.
Again this has nothing to do with the thread but carry on. As I said if you want to talk about United's shortcoming there are plenty of threads, join in there.

Also, I am not sure about others but I rather Arsenal than City.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Club statements about Var decisions seem strange.

gajender

I actually welcome this more and more teams even those who have benefited from officiating blunders including Var and on field ones needs to Support the need for higher level and more consistent refereeing standard because it's matter of time before they are at the wrong end of it .

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The FA should reply by saying they are going to have a good look at the refs performance in that game.

Then announce that their investigation is complete, Havertz has a 3 match ban for the missed red card and apologise to Newcastle.

Zen

What do they mean by "after yet more" ... and then proceed not to name any occasions that they are actually questioning?

sugar_kane

We may laugh but this will work in their favour over the course of the season, whereas we’ll continue to take a dignified silence and keep getting screwed over.

rajds89

The only team ever to feel hard done by by a VAR decision. We should be releasing statements every week.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What do they mean by "after yet more" ... and then proceed not to name any occasions that they are actually questioning?
I mean pick a gameweek and you'll have a bunch to choose from.

PGMOL urgently needs to address the standard of officiating and focus on action which moves us all on from retrospective analysis, attempted explanations and apologies.
Nicely put :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The FA should reply by saying they are going to have a good look at the refs performance in that game.

Then announce that their investigation is complete, Havertz has a 3 match ban for the missed red card and apologise to Newcastle.
Plot twist: this was goal of the rant yesterday and the club statement today. Arteta too full of himself to admit he made a mistake so he’s trying to get him suspended.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
Wow, the toys are out of the pram and the sad Arses are reduced to stooping to a liverpoolesque level of feral delusion.
At the next salute it’ll be a tearful candle lit vigil for the dead chicken, a petition raised and cries ringing out for a republic of Woolwich.

Now there’s a club that’s desperate to get points docked eh?

Redstain

More team's need to get onto this. Especially United with the horrendous decisions. The people at VAR aren't volunteers they are paid employees to do their job that they are woefully bad at. There was less controversial decisions throughout a season before all the technology was implemented, that enough should tell you how much of a farce this stuff has been.

cafecillos

Liverpool and Arse's tantrums in the last couple of weeks have been glorious, tbf.

Zen

I mean pick a gameweek and you'll have a bunch to choose from.
How about, given you are seemingly claiming you've been had every game week... naming them? Also, don't be afraid of the decisions which weren't clear themselves you clearly celebrated while you are at it.

lysglimt

Scout
Arsenal are a f..joke with their statement. We have had almost equally bad decisions going against us all season - but once it happens to Arsenal, it's an official statement from the club. GROW UP.

After less than 1/3 of this season played we are 1 goal away from matching the team with the most overturned goals from last season - not a single one was a decision that was unquestionably correct.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
How about, given you are seemingly claiming you've been had every game week... naming them? Also, don't be afraid of the decisions which weren't clear themselves you clearly celebrated while you are at it.
I haven't claimed bad decisions only targeted Arsenal, you created this all by yourself. It's about improving it for everyone, i know it's hard to comprehend when your only point is to sh*t on Arteta/Arsenal but please try.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Arsenal are a f..joke with their statement. We have had almost equally bad decisions going against us all season - but once it happens to Arsenal, it's an official statement from the club. GROW UP.

After less than 1/3 of this season played we are 1 goal away from matching the team with the most overturned goals from last season - not a single one was a decision that was unquestionably correct.
Sort of wish our club did it though. It undoubtedly pressures referees to look after the club complaining in future games.

Taribo's Gap

I haven't claimed bad decisions only targeted Arsenal, you created this all by yourself. It's about improving it for everyone, i know it's hard to comprehend when your only point is to sh*t on Arteta/Arsenal but please try.
This would have more credibility if Arteta wasn't waffling when asked about this very issue earlier this season after a decision which everyone agreed was incorrectly decided.

Instead, it just looks like sour grapes when a decision went against his team. Trying to paint Arteta as magnanimous and other-regarding here is laughable.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
This would have more credibility if Arteta wasn't waffling when asked about this very issue earlier this season after a decision which everyone agreed was incorrectly decided.

Instead, it just looks like sour grapes when a decision went against his team. Trying to paint Arteta as magnanimous and other-regarding here is laughable.
Of course it's opportunistic but i'd rather he did that and get mocked to maybe improve things (for everyone)than getting cheated every week like United and keep smiling.
There's 200 posts complaining about the refs in your games every weekend but when someone say something you call them "a fking joke" :lol: So weird...

gajender

It might be Sour Grapes Arsenal and Arteta might be doing this for all the wrong reasons or they are plain Hypocrites but I am glad they are doing this because this Kind of Substandard officiating and make the rules as you go along thing can't continue period more it comes under scrutiny better it might be for the Game in the long run .

Zen

False. You quoted me when I WAS singling out Arsenal as they are only doing this because they think they've been hard done by(unless I've missed an occasion where they've come out for others, who actually had howlers against them?), therefor you created this, not me.

Arsenal aren't doing this for the betterment of everyone else and you know it. Arteta's having a meltdown cos a minor decision went against him, VAR has mostly swung in Arsenal's favour this season on questionable calls, but football has a short memory.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Let's do nothing then, i'm fine with onside goals ruled out, Rice scoring last minute winner and Gabriel avoiding penalties. :drool:
False. You quoted me when I WAS singling out Arsenal as they are only doing this because they think they've been hard done by(unless I've missed an occasion where they've come out for others, who actually had howlers against them?), therefor you created this, not me.

Arsenal aren't doing this for the betterment of everyone else and you know it. Arteta's having a meltdown cos a minor decision went against him, VAR has mostly swung in Arsenal's favour this season on questionable calls, but football has a short memory.
The official statement doesn't say those errors only affected us and probably rely heavily on the Spurs-Liverpool debacle but you can read it the way you want it. Doesn't make any difference about the long term goal. If this provokes any positive change; as in comprehensive rules rewriting/interpretation and protocols, it will then only apply to Arsenal ? Is that what you think ?
So loud when complaining on useless platforms, but not a peep when it's time to make it official.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That we end up with an even more broken system and ultimately trying to pass the buck on why we don't win.
No I think clubs openly pressuring the referees to do a better job is a good thing. These feckers are inept, and flying out to Saudi to line their pockets at the expense of being focused on the PL games.

They need to be put in check and held accountable. They can't just write new laws with sterner yellow cards for questioning them whilst also being atrocious at their job.

eire-red

Of course it's opportunistic but i'd rather he did that and get mocked to maybe improve things (for everyone)than getting cheated every week like United and keep smiling.
There's 200 posts complaining about the refs in your games every weekend but when someone say something you call them "a fking joke" :lol: So weird...
Think people are more having a laugh about the club statement, because that is so cringe worthy and I've never seen that from a club to be fair over a decision like that.

Actually, think Liverpool may have after the Diaz goal, but that one was understandable and everyone wanted to have an explanation there. But I don't actually think Arsenal can point to a specific grievance yesterday, apart from playing poor.