g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently no other team has beaten Brentford by 3 goals at their ground since they've been promoted to the PL.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wow, how many extra points do you get for that?
5 + 10 for having the youngest ever PL player + the usual triple bonus combo for fielding the 3 Gabriels. We could officially be champions next week against Spurs.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
5 + 10 for having the youngest ever PL player + the usual triple bonus combo for fielding the 3 Gabriels. We could officially be champions next week against Spurs.
:lol: Smashed it.

AshRK

The revisionism is hilarious, they’re making out like they’ve been playing champagne football since Arteta walked through the door and not the tumescent, shite they literally served up the first few seasons he was in charge.
Yes it is funny. Even now they act like they play some scintillating football. I will say they are better now but let us wait nefore giving lectures on how other teams should play.

Dominos

The talk after the loss to United that they had failed "their first real test" was a bit stupid wasn't it?

All top 6 teams are going to lose some games against the rest of the top 6. They're also going to win some. Spurs lost both games against United last season and still finished top 4.

All Arsenal need to do is to get the ~75 points over the course of the season to get 3rd or 4th. It does not matter who they accumulate the points against. If their competition is United/Chelsea, United have already lost to Brighton/Brentford, Chelsea have already lost to Leeds/Southampton. So you can't take any wins for granted, if you don't perform you can drop points in near enough any game.

One thing Arsenal (and Spurs) have in their favour is logical progress. They got 69 points last season, have got their signings in before the season started, made some obviously good signings, they have a settled team and manager, and they've made a much better start to this season than they did last. On paper that should result in an increase in points from last season which should probably see them finish top 4. The caveat to that is they they have European football this season (unlike last year) which should test their squad depth like never before, and injuries could derail their season (though I suppose that applies to everyone).

SAFMUTD

They're playing great, obviously they won't hold up for the title race but strong candidates for top 4.

Specially with Liverpool and Chelsea not performing as last year.

Top 4 race for this season will be special. Hopefully we can do it, arsenal and spurs seem to be in a really good moment and we know it's just a matter of time before Liverpool and Chelsea get their shit together.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
We lost 13 games last season, which was obviously just way too much.

So it's nice that we've already won 2 away games where we got beat last season.
Obviously couldn't quite do the same against Utd mind you.

Zen

I just see Arsenal so far as playing FM, beat the bottom 12-14 fairly comfortably, feel you are untouchable, get a top 6 team and struggle/lose despite smashing your keyboard since you clearly 'dominate' (no spamsave in real life Mikel) and casually drop your youth regens on for 2 minutes for no reason other than to break a record. :wenger:

mav_9me

:lol: Bigger test than away at Old Trafford
I didn't elaborate. Any big 6 clash is a bigger test. But all the teams are up for it.

It's harder to be up for it against Brentford away in the same way. That's what I meant, I wasn't clear. Bigger test of their mentality.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Good to pick up 3 points. In Oct Arsenal will play against Spurs, Liverpool and City, and probably will lose many points. It is very important to get the 3 points against the "easy" teams.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Good to pick up 3 points. In Oct Arsenal will play against Spurs, Liverpool and City, and probably will lose many points. It is very important to get the 3 points against the "easy" teams.
The City game is postponed is it not, to allow the postponed PSV game to go ahead?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If the obvious reason wasnt enough to get rid of Partey, his inability to stay fit is killing us and will contnue to hold us back. Definitely need a new starter and a backup in that position.

TheArse

Supports
Arsenal
The same story. Different year.

Let's be honest until we've achieved top 4 and cameo in the CL again we are simply 'Arsenal'.

I love my team and I'm excited about this season but our roster is still thin as the fur on moss covered dogshit.

Arteta has shown his system. We seem to be playing as a team. Our midfield is thin as though. 1 injury and what?

I will admit the fight is back finally, the players are fighting for the team. But I want to see how we do when the chips are down, backs against the wall to determine quality.

TheArse

Supports
Arsenal
Dare they dream?
No. Absolutely not.

The line is now being trotted out - Can they win the league. Because we are top after a relatively easy start.

This is the exact same shit United fans have had to endure when a string of wins are put together. The media love to pump a team up, and then absolutely destroy them when the less favourable results inevitably come in.

City have Haaland. It's done. That player alone will win them the league. Their absolutely cherry of a player.

Top 4 is on the cards, with solid reinforcements we MAY have a chance in the coming years. But holy shit, city look unstoppable.

I really feel like the media pick on United and Arsenal as easy targets after a few decent results, I hate it.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I'd prefer to imagine a world where we don't link to the Daily Mail.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Fair play. Great title win.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
No. Absolutely not.

The line is now being trotted out - Can they win the league. Because we are top after a relatively easy start.
This is correct. The media need stories and will want to create the narrative there is a title race. City have it sown up unless they happen to lose Haaland and De Bruyne for a large chunk of the season. Don't paint all Arsenal supporters as delusional. Every large fan base has immature fans. Most Arsenal supporters are just enjoying this winning run and want to see a successful campaign and the signs of possible title contention in the years ahead.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
Mikel Arteta 'plans stunning £103m DOUBLE RAID on Juventus for both Dusan Vlahovic and youngster Fabio Miretti'... as the Gunners boss 'reignites his interest in the Serbian striker' after January rejection

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ID-Juventus-Dusan-Vlahovic-Fabio-Miretti.html

Imagine!
Just clickbait. I don't see it happening. Italians and Italian adjacent players rarely want to move to England. I'm still amazed that Scamacca made the move to West Ham.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I thought Michael Oliver bottled it today. The handball was 50/50 but no way was that a penalty on Gabby Jesus. Arsenal lucky to get all 3 points.