g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They are good value for the money. But I think City will eventually get there. Arsenal would comfortably finish second and that would be a brilliant season for them.
Yeah for sure. I think that too. City have shown it's almost impossible to keep up with their consistency over 38 games. They do have a chance though, and if they build up a decently sized lead, they'll at least be able to navigate the rest of the season without the pressure of having to win every single game. They're in a very good place.

Ludens the Red

Every fan base has arrogant tossers don't they?

What you're saying reeks of jealousy.

The largest majority of arsenal fans I speak to are shit scared we're going to capitulate at any given moment, and be made a meme again.

I'd say stop associating yourself with the current group of fans you're with, sounds toxic as.
To be fair I work in North London :lol: so surrounded by gooners and whilst all sound human beings, when it comes to arsenal they’re tossers. I know a lot of Liverpool fans too and the Arsenal fans definitely trump them when it comes to levels of tosserness.

There’s also this….

I’d say again, I watch a lot of fan online content from all clubs and Arsenal fans always seem to be the top dogs when it comes to being tossers.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair I work in North London :lol: so surrounded by gooners and whilst all sound human beings, when it comes to arsenal they’re tossers. I know a lot of Liverpool fans too and the Arsenal fans definitely trump them when it comes to levels of tosserness.
Very, very true :lol:

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal

There’s also this….

I’d say again, I watch a lot of fan online content from all clubs and Arsenal fans always seem to be the top dogs when it comes to being tossers.
Very, very true :lol:
It's true, most of the locals are absolute tossers when they've got their Arsenal heads on, they do turn into fecking animals, certainly can't compare with the prawn sandwich luvvies at Chelsea. :)

redcucumber

They haven't played City yet, and City have a game in hand. So it's a potential 2 point lead, isn't it?

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
They haven't played City yet, and City have a game in hand. So it's a potential 2 point lead, isn't it?
We have a game in hand.

edit. sorry, see what you are saying but it's from the same grouping of games and after tonight they'll be on 15 games, same as Arsenal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's true, most of the locals are absolute tossers when they've got their Arsenal heads on, they do turn into fecking animals, certainly can't compare with the prawn sandwich luvvies at Chelsea. :)
Growing up amongst Arsenal fans with a friends circle that is almost exclusively gooners, I can confirm you Arsenal fans are unrivalled when it comes to tossers :D

In fairness, much as I dislike Arsenal if it comes to a choice between Arsenal and City for the title I hope Arsenal win it. I am sick of all the simpering over Pep.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Growing up amongst Arsenal fans with a friends circle that is almost exclusively gooners, I can confirm you Arsenal fans are unrivalled when it comes to tossers :D
I thought I just confirmed it too. They take pride in it, being absolute wankers, it's their Culchar.

They put their branded T-Shirts and white trainers on and their accents change, the bigger the belly, the more they think you want to see it. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I thought I just confirmed it too. They take pride in it, being absolute wankers, it's their Culchar.

They put their branded T-Shirts and white trainers on and their accents change, the bigger the belly, the more they think you want to see it. :lol:
:lol: all true.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
:lol: all true.
Not saying it's a way of life to admire but what can you do about it? You've got all the locals and the wannabes from Herts yukking it up all you can do is laugh at your own supporters. It's our cross to bear. :)

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
In Melbourne it's the Yanited fans that are the biggest flogs. Amazing how it's never your own fanbase.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
In Melbourne it's the Yanited fans that are the biggest flogs. Amazing how it's never your own fanbase.
There's always a few thousand that let a club down :lol:

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Not saying it's a way of life to admire but what can you do about it? You've got all the locals and the wannabes from Herts yukking it up all you can do is laugh at your own supporters. It's our cross to bear. :)
to be fair , they keep it about football as embarrassing as they are. They’re not chanting about football tragedies or throwing things at opposition fans. They pay a lot of money to watch their team and social media is part of it now even if it’s cringey. There isn’t the nasty vile element you can clearly hear even watching other teams on tv.
its only a small section of the fan base too, but they get the most coverage.
as for the title race. It’s great to be in one, got sick of these top 4 races, while city and Liverpool playing in the big games, that we used to against United.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Whilst this is a fair idea, as long as they stay in i the FA Cup and the EL, time will start to catch up on them.

city will stay in their coattails and IF Arsenal resist them in the games against them, then we’ll make them favourites.

I would predict that Arsenal will lose at least 4 games before the end of the season. Two of those will be against city and will ultimately mean they finish 2nd or 3rd.

Which will be an achievement in itself but they will not win the title and won’t be favourites until the end of April when they are 7 points clear
My test for them is actually away to Newcastle which is a very hard game. Fortunately for them, they don't have that game till April. I think they can beat City at home and draw away. Also, looking at their fixture list, it's hard to see where they would drop points given their form. I remember Utd winning the title only on home form as their away games they either drew or lost most of them.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
In Scotland its defo Liverpool fans that are most annoying around me. They are just overly obsessive, much more so than any other fans of English teams. Running commentaries on Social Media if they are doing well, constant Liverpool references, ending every post with YAWN or some other shit like that. Just generally need to to be seen and heard at all times.

K Stand Knut

My test for them is actually away to Newcastle which is a very hard game. Fortunately for them, they don't have that game till April. I think they can beat City at home and draw away. Also, looking at their fixture list, it's hard to see where they would drop points given their form. I remember Utd winning the title only on home form as their away games they either drew or lost most of them.
I’m surprised you think their biggest test will be Newcastle away.

city home and away are still anybody’s biggest test and they still have to face us, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool at least once each.

I don’t think they are much better than us or any of the other listed clubs. Could easily draw, lose or win all those games.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I was also dreading the Newcastle away game. But ironically the home draw has given me a lot of hope for the away match. Newcastle were comprehensively outplayed, and if we had someone better to come off the bench, like ESR or some new signing(Felix/Mudryk) we would've won that one. Hell, even if had GJ available, we would've come out of that match with all 3 points.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Will be weird not seeing the previous artwork with all past players but these look good ! Apparently there is a last one that hasn't been revealed yet.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I wonder if it is possible to loan Raphinha from Barcelona for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Ole'sattheWheel

They just keep on winning don't they? Spurs away is always hard for them and they made it look easy.
I think I heard the last time they won at Spurs in the league was in 2014?

BlueHaze

Everytime I watch a game of theirs the fans always singing "by far the greatest team" chant or screaming Ahhhhsenoh AhhHhhsenoh.. Is that genuinely all they chant!?

croadyman

Everytime I watch a game of theirs the fans always singing "by far the greatest team" chant or screaming Ahhhhsenao AhhHhhsenao.. Is that genuinely all they chant!?
Not everyone is creative as us,looking forward to the game next Sunday

Irwin99

I'd rather them win it than City but things change quickly. In 07-08 they had a fantastic first half of the season, almost everything was going for them, and then things took a horrible turn for them when we thrashed them 4-0 at OT in the FA cup and they had that infamous 2-2 draw with Birmingham.

croadyman

I'd rather them win it than City but things change quickly. In 07-08 they had a fantastic first half of the season, almost everything was going for them, and then things took a horrible turn for them when we thrashed them 4-0 at OT in the FA cup and they had that infamous 2-2 draw with Birmingham.
This team looks mentally stronger though

Eddy_JukeZ

I find it amazing they've secured 47 points from 18 games.

They're a good side, but not that good.

mav_9me

I find it amazing they've secured 47 points from 18 games.

They're a good side, but not that good.
People keep saying that but it's not like they fluked a few of those results. They are putting in dominant performances. They beat Brighton 4-2 and Brentford 3-0 away. How many other teams are doing that?

Eddy_JukeZ

People keep saying that but it's not like they fluked a few of those results. They are putting in dominant performances. They beat Brighton 4-2 and Brentford 3-0 away. How many other teams are doing that?
They've overperformed their xPTS by 8.

You really think this Arsenal side is good enough to be on pace for 100 points?

They've had a perfect storm of a season(barring the Jesus injury).

KetilOwren88

They've overperformed their xPTS by 8.

You really think this Arsenal side is good enough to be on pace for 100 points?

They've had a perfect storm of a season(barring the Jesus injury).
And are yet to play City in the league this season, which is great for United

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Curious to see what he will do with the EL rotation if we go through next round. If we don't get at least 2 importants incomings in January, he will probably leave it to the B team and assure the fight for the league. There is so many strong teams left in the EL this year that i don't think we should be that bothered about it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Curious to see what he will do with the EL rotation if we go through next round. If we don't get at least 2 importants incomings in January, he will probably leave it to the B team and assure the fight for the league. There is so many strong teams left in the EL this year that i don't think we should be that bothered about it.
Nothing has changed even ESR is back. We still need cover in the wing. I agreed Arteta probably will give up the EL if he has to.