Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
50 points at half way. Probably only need another 35 to clinch it. They would have to really feck up not to get this over the line now.

Siorac

Is there a worse football song than Arsenal's 'we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'?

What's the opposite of catchy? Escape-y? It's so fecking tuneless it basically defies any effort to sing it yet the feckers belt it out every game.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Their squad is as thin as ours so I have no idea how they don’t look anywhere near as exhausted as we do.

The Hilton

Is there a worse football song than Arsenal's 'we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'?

What's the opposite of catchy? Escape-y? It's so fecking tuneless it basically defies any effort to sing it yet the feckers belt it out every game.
It's a bad enough chant as it is, given how generic it is and loads of clubs use it, but on top of that they have to add an extra syllable to "Arsenal" to make it work, surely they could have come up with something better by now.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It's a bad enough chant as it is, given how generic it is and loads of clubs use it, but on top of that they have to add an extra syllable to "Arsenal" to make it work, surely they could have come up with something better by now.
We sing it, without a hint of irony, at Ipswich.

Siorac

Their squad is as thin as ours so I have no idea how they don’t look anywhere near as exhausted as we do.
They rotated better, had fewer players go far at the World Cup, and got knocked out of the League Cup earlier. Their team is also a bit younger and more energetic to begin with.

Dan_F

You’d think it would be an obvious one to prefer Arsenal winning the league this year, and I do, but feck me their fans make it difficult.

Josh 76

The title race starts when there are 10 games to go. Let’s see how Arsenal cope with that added pressure. If that gap is around 5 or 6 points by then, i fancy City.

Siorac

How did it ever catch on? It sounds like the sort of song-ish thing you make up on the spot at the same time as singing it so it comes out a mishmash of ill-fitting lines.

twitter thread suggester
Arse better not feck this up now. Cannot stomach another city win.
I prefer City to win.
Their trophies are hollow in my eyes, and I can handle us not being able to compete with a club that is funded by oil.
But for Arsenal, faking Arsenal, to come back from the dead and break City’s dominance, that would be unbearable, as then it might as well have been us.

feck Arsenal.

djembatheking

They have still got to play City twice and if anyone can feck it up it is Arsenal. They have had a fantastic first half of the season and were the better team today but it took them until the last minute to find a winner against a very leggy United with a couple of key players missing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They're not messing this up, they are league above City currently. Compare the way they dealt with you guys today to how City did against you a week ago.
Arsenal had a full 2 extra xg on United. United had a full 1 xg on City. They're a different level to everyone in the PL this season and they won't feck this up.

City will need 50 points from 54 to stop them.

Siorac

They're not messing this up, they are league above City currently. Compare the way they dealt with you guys today to how City did against you a week ago.
Arsenal had a full 2 extra xg on United. United had a full 1 xg on City. They're a different level to everyone in the PL this season and they won't feck this up.

You still have to play them twice. Beat them home and away and it's wide open.

slored1

Truly an incredible team, they remind me of Liverpool in the early Klopp years with better midfield. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli is a brilliant trio and their midfield partnership is superb as well.

By far the best team we have come across this season. An unexpected rise but well done to Arteta and Edu, they know what they are doing.

Wayne's World

Remind me of United in 06/07. I actually think this is their only shot to win the title for the next few seasons so If they don't take it now they will badly regret it in the future since I can see everyone being much stronger again next season (Chelsea & Liverpool back challenging, Newcastle spending €€€ on new signings over CL, City being City and us getting new orders and allowing us to spend and improve the squad further)

DownRiver

No malicious intent, but how is Arsenal not having any bad luck with injuries considering how thin their squad is? They would be out of the title race if they had >1 player injured from today’s team. They are really lucky to have an alternative for Jesus, but I can’t see any other position with quality. Arteta was wise to not try ride on this luck by trying to sign quality back ups in the January transfer window.

We have Dalot, Sancho, Martial and Casemiro who would have all started in today’s match, and are absent for one reason or another. Yet people still talk about Arsenal’s prowess in today’s game. It’s all good to think positive and try to say we had a plan for this game and there is no excuses at such a high level, but missing those players really makes a big difference.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Remind me of United in 06/07. I actually think this is their only shot to win the title for the next few seasons so If they don't take it now they will badly regret it in the future since I can see everyone being much stronger again next season (Chelsea & Liverpool back challenging, Newcastle spending €€€ on new signings over CL, City being City and us getting new orders and allowing us to spend and improve the squad further)
I remember people last season saying that was our best chance at top 4 as well.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
No malicious intent, but how is Arsenal not having any bad luck with injuries considering how thin their squad is? They would be out of the title race if they had >1 player injured from today’s team. They are really lucky to have an alternative for Jesus, but I can’t see any other position with quality. Arteta was wise to not try ride on this luck by trying to sign quality back ups in the January transfer window.

We have Dalot, Sancho, Martial and Casemiro who would have all started in today’s match, and are absent for one reason or another. Yet people still talk about Arsenal’s prowess in today’s game. It’s all good to think positive and try to say we had a plan for this game and there is no excuses at such a high level, but missing those players really makes a big difference.
People said we'd be screwed without Jesus, so it's not really luck. Quite easy to downplay that now.

White injured, Tomi comes in.
Zinchenko injured, Tierney comes in.

CB injured, Tomi would come in, but now we have a 25m CB.

The biggest issue was Saka and Partey. Saka how has Trossard.

Partey is a big issue though.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The title race starts when there are 10 games to go. Let’s see how Arsenal cope with that added pressure. If that gap is around 5 or 6 points by then, i fancy City.
I would say last 5 games. It is only half way in to the season now.

Josh 76

Truly an incredible team, they remind me of Liverpool in the early Klopp years with better midfield. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli is a brilliant trio and their midfield partnership is superb as well.

By far the best team we have come across this season. An unexpected rise but well done to Arteta and Edu, they know what they are doing.
Partey is another gem.

RedorDead21

Course we are way behind them because of our start to the season caused by slow summer transfer business. It’s good when you act poorly it comes back to bite. Pretty simple things to put right when the motivation to do so is there.

nainaisson

They have still got to play City twice and if anyone can feck it up it is Arsenal. They have had a fantastic first half of the season and were the better team today but it took them until the last minute to find a winner against a very leggy United with a couple of key players missing.
Ramsdale is an awful keeper. The epic end-season bottling that will lead to City winning the league will start with him. I foresee Liverpool levels of slip ahead.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Edu and Arteta are well aware of the issue but it has been hard to add the right quality into the team this window. Mudryk was a big miss but it is what it is.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Ramsdale is an awful keeper. The epic end-season bottling that will lead to City winning the league will start with him. I foresee Liverpool levels of slip ahead.
Man of the match last game at Spurs. A bit nervy today though.
All in all we were good today but by no means at our best. I expected the entire game to be like the last 20 minutes, but I always felt we ll score because United were dropping so deep. Still it was an excellent game and a bit of a throw back to the old battles.
Will be interesting what we do in the cup now at city, I’d rotate massively.
could meet United again in EL,

Sparky Rhiwabon

I honestly didn’t think that Arsenal would be winning a Title before us in the post-Ferguson era, but here we are.

Guy Incognito

Thought they looked the real deal (ie: creditable title challengers) when they beat Wolves and Chelsea a few months ago.

I do think they can be susceptible on the counter but they create so many chances to score.

If Arsenal go deep in the Europa League then they will be playing catch-up to City and have to navigate the Thursday-Sunday routine. Having a gap as wide as possible before March will be crucial.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I honestly didn’t think that Arsenal would be winning a Title before us in the post-Ferguson era, but here we are.
Actually sickening. If we hadn’t spent so long ducking around with Ole we’d be further along in the process but here we are.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Actually sickening. If we hadn’t spent so long ducking around with Ole we’d be further along in the process but here we are.
We’ve thrown plenty of money at players, but our manager choices have been poor until Ten Hag. Moyes was obviously never going to make it at a big club. Van Gaal and Mourinho were both good in their day but their best days had gone by the time they got to us, and couldn’t or wouldn’t adapt. And Ole had no business managing United. That, plus the behind the scenes stuff seems to have been a mess.

Mike Smalling

They almost have to collapse to not win the title at this point. Arsenal are the team that look the best and they also get those big/late wins that you usually link to title winners. Meanwhile City look a bit off.

Vapor trail

I would say last 5 games. It is only half way in to the season now.
There is no way Arsenal lose the league this season outside of a collapse in their performance levels. It's just wishful thinking.

City are blowing hot and cold, the post match interview after their game with Tottenham with Pep tells you all you need to know about his feeling towards the players. Arsenal have played the best football this season, they have the most prominent attack which is not necessarily running through individual players but a cohesive team. You can still have key injuries but still maintain a high performance level. It's if that level drops off but I can't see it happening.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was impressed, I think arsenal are guaranteed to win it if they manage at least one win against city in their two conformations.

They play beutiful football you've got to admit.

BlueHaze

They almost have to collapse to not win the title at this point. Arsenal are the team that look the best and they also get those big/late wins that you usually link to title winners. Meanwhile City look a bit off.
I think they will win. Feel fairly certain of it, but I do also remember us being 8 points clear with 5 games to go under Sir Alex and ended up losing out on the title!!!

So anything can happen but Arsenal are honestly very likely to win.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

To be fair we're in a bit of a rough patch as of now and without our midfield heart.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
City will beat them home and away.
The game vs City at home in the league in a few weeks will tell us lots. If Arsenal can maintain the points gap and win that game that's a potentially double points cushion they could have. If City win you could easily see them reeling Arsenal in quite quickly.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
If we don’t take at least 3 points from city we won’t win the title. I’m not convinced yet and it’s still far too early.

padr81

Supports
Man City
To be fair we're in a bit of a rough patch as of now and without our midfield heart.
I think Cas would have made the game more competitive than it was today, you guys don't normally give up so many chances for sure.