Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

Those of us old enough to remember Arsenal challenging us in the 90s will know the traditional Easter collapse is almost as reliable as the Scouse boom bust cycle.

Siorac

Hopefully the wheels will fall off now. This felt like one of those season-defining games.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Was coming here to tag you anyway.

Just shows how stupid Arteta’s tactics were in the FA cup game. A few Arsenal fans were bleating saying the opposite but since then they’ve lost to Everton and City (again) and dropped points to Brentford. They’ve scored 1 open goal in 4 games.

Edwards6

It's a good job they already won the league in January...
But seriously it's so funny seeing that weasel Arteta bottle it

Mike Smalling

Two goals scored in the last four games, including the dodgy penalty from tonight. Not exactly firing on all cylinders like they used to. Nketiah is a hindrance.

A couple of tricky away games coming up.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Was coming here to tag you anyway.

Just shows how stupid Arteta’s tactics were in the FA cup game. A few Arsenal fans were bleating saying the opposite but since then they’ve lost to Everton and City (again) and dropped points to Brentford. They’ve scored 1 open goal in 4 games.
Tbf we should have gotten all 3 points against Brentford but what can you do. I'll just cry about it a bit longer. :(

MUFC OK

Good to see them get a humbling tonight. Hope that’s the done now with 1pt from 9 available and confidence broken.

If they had won tonight and their other game in hand we would have been 11 adrift so pretty pleased with that result.

I think we are bang in this title race.

Josep Dowling

Momentum is huge at this point now. City are gaining it whilst Arsenal aren’t. This is City’s title now, expect them to win the league by quite a few points.

Baneofthegame

Thought they were by far the better team in the first half, should of been leading if not for Tomiyasus error.

RedorDead21

Good to see them get a humbling tonight. Hope that’s the done now with 1pt from 9 available and confidence broken.

If they had won tonight and their other game in hand we would have been 11 adrift so pretty pleased with that result.

I think we are bang in this title race.
Yep if we win every game left but we won’t..a top striker in Jan would have made all the difference.

Bebe

As much as I enjoy an Arsenal collapse, lets all keep in mind that a) they've a game in hand, b) they don't have as crowded a fixture list as City, and c) they've played the best football in the country all season until the last couple weeks.

Flexdegea

As much as I enjoy an Arsenal collapse, lets all keep in mind that a) they've a game in hand, b) they don't have as crowded a fixture list as City, and c) they've played the best football in the country all season until the last couple weeks.

D) they snowballing points......ie bottling it

el3mel

They are starting to implode. City just need to keep the pressure and the league is theirs.

Arsenal did well to keep it going as far as this in the season though.

Hopefully the implosion keeps going on and we laugh at their insufferable fans at the end of the season.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Do they get the “ Played the best football till January trophy ?

wangyu

We are still in the thick of it. We're just 5 points adrift, that game in hand for arsenal at this point doesn't matter much.

MUFC OK

Yep if we win every game left but we won’t..a top striker in Jan would have made all the difference.
Why is that an absolute requirement? We're only 5 pts off city, who still have arsenal to play again. We have to better than the other two but if you look at the league table both post our awful start and the restart after the WC, we are pretty much the form team in the league.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Tbf we should have gotten all 3 points against Brentford but what can you do. I'll just cry about it a bit longer. :(
Tbh - there's nothing to be upset about. Ball's still in your court (as your game in hand is v Everton I believe), I just think Arteta's decision making in the FA Cup game were counter-productive and have unnecessarily destabilised your team in the last few games.

Edwards6

No I'd rather just keep laughing at the weasel Arteta bottling under the pressure, we all knew the collapse would come it was just a matter of time

Castia

How do you count 3 games to our 1?
You’re only playing league games currently right? No cups games to play and you even have a game in hand in the league

Think United have been averaging 2-3 games a week solid for over a month straight

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You’re only playing league games currently right? No cups games to play and you even have a game in hand in the league

Think United have been averaging 2-3 games a week solid for over a month straight
But surely if your counting say Weekend, Midweek, Weekend as 3 games, then we would count weekend to weekend as 2 games?

Fridge chutney

I did say I don’t know why Arteta messed around with the team for the cup game. That performance was really poor.

I know different managers do different things but when you’re playing one game a week you surely want to build momentum and keep a psychological advantage.
You were right about the FA Cup game in the end.

I don't think it is helpful to build a winning mentality by identifying scenarios where you are ok to lose. You could argue that Sir Alex did that with the FA Cup, but by then he had already developed a trophy-winning mentality in his team. Arteta and Arsenal are not there yet.

Dansk

I never expected Arsenal to go the distance. They've punched way above their weight and have no business being in the position they were in with that team. It was a result of Chelsea and Liverpool collapsing, United being in transition, and City having a sub-par season. Feels a lot like the year Leicester won the title. Arsenal simply don't have enough of the kinds of players that belong at the top.