Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

Loon

:lol:
It’s not the end for Arsenal by any means, but a few of the gobby Jonny come lately gooners are conspicuous by their absence...

Chief123

I burst out laughing when the commentator said that these two teams were at the start of a great league rivalry between the two clubs making out they would be challenging each other for the next few years. Will they feck. :lol:

Arsenal will be back to normal next season trying to clinch 4th while City might be heading for league 1! A great rivalry which now sees Arsenal losing to them 11 times in a row. Brilliant.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Are Arsenal fans seriously using the fatigue excuse?
Tbh most have gone into hiding, not sure what happened as they were posting in copious amounts in Oct, Dec, Jan. Internet must be down in N London.

Chief123

Tbh most have gone into hiding, not sure what happened as they were posting in copious amounts in Oct, Dec, Jan. Internet must be down in N London.
Back when Gabriel was better than Martinez and no Utd player could get into Arsenals team! :wenger:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don’t see Arsenal winning the league. They had a very favourable run of fixtures at the start of the season but April for them is horrendous

SAFMUTD

The nerves have creeped in. 3 bad results, 1 point from their last 9 they're still in the fight but right now I see it 50-50 between them and City. I can see them melting easily, if they dont win against Villa they're going in a bad spiral all their game is based on form and belief if they lose it we'll see same old arsenal.

ShinjiNinja26

Where’s all the resident gooners tonight then? Nowhere to be seen. Where’s that same energy they’ve had on here all season? Also seems to have deserted them.

Rojofiam

I burst out laughing when the commentator said that these two teams were at the start of a great league rivalry between the two clubs making out they would be challenging each other for the next few years. Will they feck. :lol:

Arsenal will be back to normal next season trying to clinch 4th while City might be heading for league 1! A great rivalry which now sees Arsenal losing to them 11 times in a row. Brilliant.
Arsenal are here to stay.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Where’s all the resident gooners tonight then? Nowhere to be seen. Where’s that same energy they’ve had on here all season? Also seems to have deserted them.
All drowning their sorrows at the pub I presume. I would be too but it's 10am here in Sydney and I have to go to work. Was very tempted to call in sick :lol:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
We're scared of the Internet Ninjas. We wait for sunrise.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve seen some Arsenal fans on twitter saying they were the better team tonight, similar to how they were the better team when we beat them at Old Trafford.
I think if they can convert these performances into not conceding six goals in the two matches they’ll really be onto something.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Just come out from North London, there are a lot of disappointed gooners,
They look massively deflated. This looks to be the death of a dream for most.

ShinjiNinja26

All drowning their sorrows at the pub I presume. I would be too but it's 10am here in Sydney and I have to go to work. Was very tempted to call in sick :lol:
Fair play for fronting up and continuing to post after the game. Which is far more than can be said about your fellow gooners on here who have went into hiding. Funnily enough it’s the ones who are usually the loudest that are nowhere to be seen.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Classic Winter champions. About the 4th time it’s happened since they last actually won the league. The great title victories Arsenal enjoyed in 98 and 02 were all down to incredible consistency in the run in. The narrative nowadays is always so strong about your final position even at the halfway stage of the season, makes no sense.

Tarrou

I think they've blown it

was a real chance to take the momentum especially with Pep and City in meltdown about the charges

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Fair play for fronting up and continuing to post after the game. Which is far more than can be said about your fellow gooners on here who have went into hiding. Funnily enough it’s the ones who are usually the loudest that are nowhere to be seen.
Have we heard from GoonerinPeace yet? :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don’t see Arsenal winning the league. They had a very favourable run of fixtures at the start of the season but April for them is horrendous
I still think it's ridiculous that this was the first time they've faced City in the league this season and it's already February.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No for real the Europa league hasn't been there for a while, they are out of all mickey mouse cups and barely have any fixtures rescheduled for midweek and they are using fatigue as an excuse? Didn't they also sign a couple of players in January to add to their depth?

jm99

The nerves have creeped in. 3 bad results, 1 point from their last 9 they're still in the fight but right now I see it 50-50 between them and City. I can see them melting easily, if they dont win against Villa they're going in a bad spiral all their game is based on form and belief if they lose it we'll see same old arsenal.
I'd be surprised if they finish ahead of us now tbh, their bottle is gone, they'll get demolished at the etihad, they've lost all the momentum they had after beating us, after winning that was the first time the bookies had them as favourites, and in typical arsenal fashion they can't handle the pressure

Vapor trail

Can't stand City. I know Arsenal fans are annoying but atleast the club has some integrity. I think this is what happens when you've got a group of young players it's hard to remain consistent because of how high City / Liverpool have set the bar over the last few seasons.

It's hard to judge who will win the league, I still think Arsenal will do it if they maintain their performance levels but when you look at the league it is definitely a weak campaign this year. Look at how poor Spurs performances have been for example yet they are still strongly in contention for top 4.

The demise of Liverpool / Chelsea it's been a really weird season. It's very competitive mind you but the top teams have really come up short even the top 8 teams.

Kammy26

This is their best chance at the league probably since 2008 maybe even before that. They are playing 1 game a week and have been doing for a while. In that time City have been off the boil.

If they don’t win it this year I don’t think they will for some time. Next year they are gonna have Europe and surely Liverpool, Chelsea and United come back stronger. City too if they aren’t relegated.

I think charges brought against city was bad for arsenal as it seems to have galvanised city, no doubt pep has pumped them up with an everyone against us agenda. I can see city going on a big run from here.

Djemba-Djemba

I think a big psychological problem for Arsenal going head to head with City for the title is just how pathetic their results have been against them for so long.

It's 11 PL defeats in a row for Arsenal vs City, there will be so many Arsenal players who are just used to losing to them over and over. There has to be an inferiority complex going around, do they truly believe they can compete ?

They're still in a good position, win their game in hand and they're top again, but tonight felt like a huge defeat.