Arsenal are a shambles

Josep Dowling

On the pitch they look lost. No desire, no hunger, no passion.

A bunch of pretty boys more worried about their next Instagram post.

Their two most valuable players want to leave and will leave on a free next season. The Ox won't sign a mega contract. Mustafi is linked with leaving.

What is going on?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Seems to me Wenger lost the dressing room there about 2 years ago.

MadMike

They've repeatedly rewarded failure at both board and managerial level and now they're paying for it. No shock whatsoever.

Minimalist

Worst I've seen.

And they were pretty shite at times from 2006-present.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
They got thrashed 5-0 by Chelsea at home in the League Cup early in his tenure, but obviously the 6-1 was more significant, as was the 8-2 five years ago. They've also been done over 6-0 by Chelsea under Jose, 5-1 by Liverpool under Brendan, 6-3 by City under Pellegrini, 4-0 by Zlatan's Milan, 5-1 by Bayern, 4-1 by Barca, and even 5-1 by Spurs in a League Cup semi.

Obviously every club gets turned over once in a while (our 6-1 and 5-0 defeats to City and Newcastle still sting) but I can't think of another team of their calibur that get it as often. It's gotta be a mental thing. They just give up.
Another one on the cards today.

Drainy

We all know how Liverpool will play. How can they set up to play into what Liverpool want to do?

The players deserve some blame for not putting their all into what the boss told them to do, but it is fighting against human nature to try and work to a plan that is doomed to fail.

Reminds me a lot of when we played Arsenal away while LVG was in charge.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Shocking. Look just as bad as the infamous 8-2.

The defending is simply amazing.

Castia

Just look at their squad it's piss poor even on paper, add to that at least 4 of them have openly admitted wanting out (Ox, Sanchez, Ozil, Bellarin) and they're in huge trouble.

The problem will be if Sanchez and Ozil do leave how much will it cost to replace them before even adding to the rest of the team, they'll need 6-7 players at that point.

Minimalist

Arsenal have systemic problems. I don't think it's an overreaction at all.

They are a shocking side for the amount of money and huge resources at their disposal.

Arsenal shouldn't be getting outclassed by Liverpool.

MadMike

Awesome response.

Happened with Chelsea also after the Burnley defeat.
I thought you were joking. It'd be better if you were to be fair.

Arsenal have been a shambles for 6-7 years now. Chelsea won the title last year. Not quite the same is it?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Still find it bizarre they didn't get rid of Wenger at the end of last season.

GrandJury

This forum doesn't half overreact. Anything other a perfect start to the season is crisis.
Most of Arsenal's best players wanting to leave and them losing two of their opening 3 games is a crisis.

TehRed

Performances aside, consider that their two biggest stars and best players are running their contracts down and heading towards leaving on a free, they seem to be selling players in the area they are actually weakest (Gabriel gone and Mustafi possibly going?) and they cant keep hold of players like Oxlade-Chamberlain despite a huge contract offer. It's only a matter of time until Bellerin buggers off, Cech retires, and players like Ramsay and Lacazette start getting itchy feet. All of that under a new manager once Wenger finally goes and with the board's historical reluctance to spend too much money, they will probably be left unable to completely overhaul the squad and might even end up as a mid-table team.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
The problem for Arsenal is simple: Arsene Wenger has been awarded contract after contract for mediocre performances. Scraping CL at times and most recently falling out the CL for the first time in 20 years or so?

They should have gotten rid of him seasons ago and he should have stepped down himself saving his legacy with the few recent FA cup wins.

Reactions: SteveJ

RU Devil

Badly managed all the way around. Between Wenger's tactics & hardheadedness in not bringing what the squad lacks, to not working the transfer window, to keeping (& playing) wantaway players, it's no wonder they are looking bereft of ideas & heart.

Heck, look at today's squad that either hasn't signed an extension or were rumored to be on the way out. And four of them are starting (Sanchez, Ozil, Ox, Bellerin) while the most effective striker plus newly bought striker are on the bench.

Rossa

It truly is one of the worst displays I've seen in a very long time. None of their players look like they are PL players at all. Liverpool really should do even better. Terrible by Arsenal.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
They are getting dicked at the moment. That Salah goal was something special, although terrible feck up but Salah was off and looked rapid. UGH! I hated saying that ffs, don't like giving credit to the Dippers for anything. Only got the match on because there's a fecking band on at the pub on the terrace right below my front room window, mind you they are ok so it's not all bad.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
The worst I've ever seen us play I think. And yes Wenger will be gone after this season.

Charlie Foley

They are getting dicked at the moment. That Salah goal was something special, although terrible feck up but Salah was off and looked rapid. UGH! I hated saying that ffs, don't like giving credit to the Dippers for anything. Only got the match on because there's a fecking band on at the pub on the terrace right below my front room window, mind you they are ok so it's not all bad.
:lol: :lol:

Minimalist

A reminder that Liverpool don't have a Suarez anymore and they're romping Arsenal.