Arsenal are a shambles

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Painful to watch? Feel sorry for them?

The lot of you are soft. Dont remember anyone saying that about us during moyes era, or for chelsea the season they fecked it.

Long may it continue.

0161_UNITED

I watched the match, and from the moment the Arsenal team sheet came out, I had a weird feeling that it could be like that time we absolutely took them to pieces and Wenger went into panic buying, I think they went and bought Mertesacker, etc.

Home&Away

Not a single player of the ruthlessness of adams, Vieira, cambell and seaman. Arsenal used to have an abundance of captains all across the pitch - absolutely nothing now.

It's really not that complicated

AkaAkuma

Last week Wenger said Chamberlain should show some form of loyalty to the club and sign his new contract - his rationale being that they'd invested time and money in him.

Yet he's barely played in 6 seasons and has no fixed position.

It stood out as an example of how out of touch Wenger is.

Eddy_JukeZ

Feck pitying them.

A lot of Arsenal fans on the internet took the piss out of us during the Moyes season.

I hope they have a horrible season and I'm enjoying their abject performances. Long may it continue indeed.

Lan

The lot of you are soft. Dont remember anyone saying that about us during moyes era, or for chelsea the season they fecked it.

Long may it continue.
This. These are the same bunch of cnuts who celebrated Fletcher missing the CL final. Hope things get alot worse for them.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Long may it continue.
Yep. Be great to see them crash and burn.

Comet49

Wenger's Arsenal have always played good football and haven't spent like Chelsea, us and City, I hope they do ok, not ahead of us though which looks unlikely anyway at the moment.

AgentP

I have seen Arsenal get thrashed plenty of times before. But this game was different. The players simply gave up 15 mins into the game. The number of times they gave away the ball in dangerous areas is absolutely shocking. They showed more fight in the 8-2 loss to us than in this game.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I have seen Arsenal get thrashed plenty of times before. But this game was different. The players simply gave up 15 mins into the game. The number of times they gave away the ball in dangerous areas is absolutely shocking. They showed more fight in the 8-2 loss to us than in this game.
Yes, and were not so depleted today. Very worrying for arse fans.

OneUnited24

I think it’s proof that Wenger has lost the dressing room. Players aren’t stupid and when they see people wanting to leave the club, lack of transfers and rivals strengthening they’re going to question the direction of the club.

RedRover

They looked awful today. No discipline and tactically, completely inept. They made a decent Liverpool side look like Real Madrid.

Wenger has made the same mistakes over and over again, failing to address obvious issues and buying the same players, with the same flaws repeatedly. Average is seen as success and the board have supported it.

They should have replaced him in the summer. The game has moved on. What's bizzarre is that the things his team lack they had in abundance in his early years.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
I really tried to like Arsenal. They are one of the sides that never turn their play into a borefest in order to kill a game, and they had their moments of brilliance, but... They've turned to shit, sorry but that's true.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the 'Liverpool almighty, it's our year' fan, we're not an ideal club either. In fact, we have a lot of common with Arsenal - good attack and poor defence/organization. There's one thing that differs though. Liverpool looses occasionally, but never stops fighting. There's been ups and downs in multiple big clubs like us or MU, but I've not seen us or MU getting embarassed and looking so hopeless and lost recenly. Arsenal gets completely destroyed regularly, each year, and everybody at the club acts like it's OK. Even the fans got used to it, they expect this to happen ffs...
There's an old joke we have, that I will try my best to translate: 'You know one thing you can't cook a soup without? Some say water, some say bowl, I say determination. You can't cook a soup without determination'. At this point their issue is not the manager or players, it's lack of determination across them all. No one or two new signings will change that. Something huge needs to happen for them to change their mindset.
Also, the fact that there's a whole YT channel that's supposed to be about the club news and fanbase and all that, but in fact is a place for rival fans to go and have a laugh and throw puns is utterly disgraceful for a club.

United22

Long may it continue.
Damn right I will revel in it. Anyone who thinks its sad to see clearly hasn't seen enough Arsenal fans giving it the big talk when we were in our slump with Moyes...

Some of their fans are on par with City/Pool

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I decided to do a bit of research to find out quite how prone Arsenal are to a drubbing. As it turns out, since 2008/09, only Spurs from last season's Top 6 have lost more games by 3 or more goals. Details below.

Defeats by 3 or more goals since 2008/09:

Tottenham Hotspur = 24 defeats by 3+ goals. Biggest defeat = 6 goals (6-0 vs Manchester City).
2017/18: -
2016/17: -
2015/16: 5-1 vs Newcastle United away (PL), 3-0 vs Borussia Dortmund away (EL)
2014/15: 3-0 vs Liverpool home (PL), 4-1 vs Manchester City away (PL), 3-0 vs Chelsea away (PL), 3-0 vs Manchester United away (PL), 3-0 vs Stoke City away (PL)
2013/14: 3-0 vs West Ham United home (PL), 6-0 vs Manchester City away (PL), 5-0 vs Liverpool home (PL), 5-1 vs Manchester City home (PL), 4-0 vs Chelsea away (PL), 4-0 vs Liverpool away (PL)
2012/13: 5-2 vs Arsenal away (PL), 4-1 vs Inter Milan away (EL)
2011/12: 3-0 vs Manchester United away (PL), 5-1 vs Manchester City home (PL), 5-2 vs Arsenal away (PL), 5-1 vs Chelsea neutral (FA)
2010/11: 4-0 vs Real Madrid away (CL), 4-0 vs Fulham away (FA)
2009/10: 3-0 vs Chelsea away (PL), 3-0 vs Arsenal away (PL)
2008/09: 5-2 vs Manchester United away (PL)

Arsenal = 18 defeats by 3+ goals. Biggest defeat = 6 goals (6-0 vs Chelsea, 8-2 vs Manchester United).
2017/18: 4-0 vs Liverpool away (PL)
2016/17: 3-0 vs Crystal Palace away (PL), 5-1 vs Bayern Munich away (CL), 5-1 vs Bayern Munich home (CL)
2015/16: 4-0 vs Southampton away (PL), 3-0 vs Sheffield Wednesday away (LC), 5-1 vs Bayern Munich away (CL)
2014/15: -
2013/14: 6-3 vs Manchester City away (PL), 5-1 vs Liverpool away (PL), 6-0 vs Chelsea away (PL), 3-0 vs Everton away (PL)
2012/13: -
2011/12: 8-2 vs Manchester United away (PL), 4-0 vs AC Milan away (CL)
2010/11: -
2009/10: 3-0 vs Chelsea away (PL), 3-0 vs Manchester City away (LC), 4-1 vs Barcelona away (CL)
2008/09: 3-0 vs Manchester City away (PL), 4-1 vs Chelsea home (PL)

Manchester United = 13 defeats by 3+ goals. Biggest defeat = 5 goals (6-1 vs Manchester City).
2016/17: 4-0 vs Chelsea away (PL)
2015/16: 3-0 vs Arsenal away (PL), 3-0 vs Tottenham Hotspur away (PL)
2014/15: 3-0 vs Everton away (PL), 4-0 vs MK Dons away (LC)
2013/14: 4-1 vs Manchester City away (PL), 3-0 vs Liverpool away (PL), 3-0 vs Manchester City home (PL)
2011/12: 6-1 vs Manchester City home (PL), 3-0 vs Newcastle United away (PL)
2010/11: 4-0 vs West Ham away (LC)
2009/10: 3-0 vs Fulham away (PL)
2008/09: 4-1 vs Liverpool home (PL)

Manchester City = 11 defeats by 3+goals. Biggest defeat = 4 goals (4-0 vs Everton, 4-0 vs Barcelona, 5-1 vs Chelsea)
2016/17: 4-0 vs Everton away (PL), 4-0 vs Barcelona away (CL)
2015/16: 4-1 vs Tottenham Hotspur away (PL), 4-1 vs Liverpool home (PL), 3-0 vs Liverpool away (PL), 5-1 vs Chelsea away (FA)
2014/15: 3-0 vs Arsenal neutral (CS)
2013/14: -
2011/12: -
2010/11: 3-0 vs Arsenal home (PL), 3-0 vs Liverpool away (PL)
2009/10: 3-0 vs Tottenham Hotspur away (PL)
2008/09: 3-0 vs Nottingham Forest home (FA)

Liverpool = 10 defeats by 3+ goals. Biggest defeat = 5 goals (6-1 vs Stoke City)
2016/17: -
2015/16: 3-0 vs West Ham United home (PL), 3-0 vs Watford away (PL)
2014/15: 3-0 vs Manchester United away (PL), 4-1 vs Arsenal away (PL), 6-1 vs Stoke City away (PL), 3-0 vs Real Madrid home (CL)
2012/13: 3-0 vs West Bromwich Albion away (PL)
2011/12: 4-0 vs Tottenham Hotspur away (PL), 3-0 vs Manchester City away (PL)
2010/11: 3-0 vs Manchester City away (PL)
2009/10: -
2008/09: -

Chelsea = 9 defeats by 3+ goals. Biggest defeat = 3 goals.
2016/17: 3-0 vs Arsenal away (PL)
2015/16: 3-0 vs Manchester City away (PL), 3-0 vs Manchester City home (PL)
2014/15: 3-0 vs West Bromwich Albion away (PL)
2012/13: 4-1 vs Atletico Madrid neutral (SC), 3-0 vs Juventus away (CL)
2011/12: 4-1 vs Liverpool away (PL)
2010/11: 3-0 vs Sunderland home (PL)
2009/10: -
2008/09: 3-0 vs Manchester United away (PL)

However, 10 seasons (including this season) is quite a long time frame, and covers Spurs and Liverpool being a bit shite, City finding their feet, multiple Chelsea managerial merry-go-rounds, as well as United under Moyes and van Gaal. If we dial it up to 5 seasons (so from 2013/14, post-Fergie) the results are as follows:

Tottenham Hotspur = 13 defeats
Arsenal = 11 defeats
Manchester United = 8 defeats
Manchester City = 7 defeats
Liverpool = 6 defeats
Chelsea = 4 defeats

Had Spurs not conspired to lose 11 games by 3+ goals in two seasons between 2013 and 2015, Arsenal would be clear "winners" of the getting twatted league table.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Sick of this nonsense and sick of Wenger. Why doesn't he just feck off? I went to today's game after years and out of all the games I have ever seen in person in my life this was the worst garbage I had the misfortune to witness (and I was there at 8-2). Playing a RB at left wingback, playing a leftback near the center, a 5'6 striker playing through the middle against big massive units, Ramsey I don't know what he does when he's not killing celebrities, Welbeck did his swan impressions all game. And our manager sitting in the dugout silent, his only contribution in the game sending his biggest signing after the game was done and dusted. This fraud of three at the back was going to exposed sooner or later and I am very glad it was sooner. He has no idea how to set up his teams or how to counter the opposition. Everytime they got the ball there an instant counter, everytime we got the ball it was the usual sideways bollocks.

Sick of this nonsense now, its sapped out my excitement for my club. I used to barely sleep in excitement for Arsenal games the night before, no matter the opposition, now I couldn't care less unless its these few times where I have misfortune to witness a thrashing.

Why are people criticising Sanchez etc? I'd not want to play in this now diseased club under Wenger and I am an Arsenal supporter. I feel awful saying it but this man is now responsible for tarnishing his own legacy, the day he leaves the entire club will breathe a sigh of relief. Meanwhile he can stay happy on £8 million quid a year and the rest of us will suffer this nonsense week in week out.

Reactions: SteveJ

parkthebuslads

It's a horrible situation really and I feel for Arsenal fans. It's one thing to be struggling but to see your club refusing to take the necessary action to start improving is a tough watch.

I also have some sympathy for AW. He looks miserable but seemingly just can't find it in himself to walk away after so many years.

Hopefully the club will see sense soon and put him out of his misery. Maybe then some life can be injected back into the club as a strong Arsenal is good for the league. It probably wouldn't hurt to stop spending 50 million on players to sit on the bench too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else notice where Lacazette was playing when he came on?

You pay all that money for a striker who scored 30+ goals last season, then decide to bench him for the first big game of the season. Then when he does come on (at a time when the game is already lost) you play him out wide, where he spends the rest of the game hugging the left wing nowhere near the oppositions goal.

Wengerball.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Sick of this nonsense and sick of Wenger. Why doesn't he just feck off? I went to today's game after years and out of all the games I have ever seen in person in my life this was the worst garbage I had the misfortune to witness (and I was there at 8-2). Playing a RB at left wingback, playing a leftback near the center, a 5'6 striker playing through the middle against big massive units, Ramsey I don't know what he does when he's not killing celebrities, Welbeck did his swan impressions all game. And our manager sitting in the dugout silent, his only contribution in the game sending his biggest signing after the game was done and dusted. This fraud of three at the back was going to exposed sooner or later and I am very glad it was sooner. He has no idea how to set up his teams or how to counter the opposition. Everytime they got the ball there an instant counter, everytime we got the ball it was the usual sideways bollocks.

Sick of this nonsense now, its sapped out my excitement for my club. I used to barely sleep in excitement for Arsenal games the night before, no matter the opposition, now I couldn't care less unless its these few times where I have misfortune to witness a thrashing.

Why are people criticising Sanchez etc? I'd not want to play in this now diseased club under Wenger and I am an Arsenal supporter. I feel awful saying it but this man is now responsible for tarnishing his own legacy, the day he leaves the entire club will breathe a sigh of relief. Meanwhile he can stay happy on £8 million quid a year and the rest of us will suffer this nonsense week in week out.
Considering how weak we are at the back and how poor Karius is, its criminal that Arsenal couldn't manage one shot on target.

I understand your frustration.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Just seen the highlights on MotD2, and by golly were Arsenal woeful. Their midfield were all over the place and gave no protection to the defenders. And the poor defenders didn't help matters with some absolutely stupid individual errors.

No shots on target either apparently.

I enjoyed Keown describing Gabriel as the best 'pound-for-pound' defender at the club. Whatever that means. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Considering how weak we are at the back and how poor Karius is, its criminal that Arsenal couldn't manage one shot on target.

I understand your frustration.
The frustrating thing is none of the solutions are rocket science. Everyone knew Liverpool would manhandle us with their fast, quick counter attacking football so the best way would be to forget this 3 at the back garbage and put up a decent formation to try and counter it. Put your LB at LB and your RB at right back where both of them have proven to be extremely solid and play your £35 million central defender in central defence instead of an unproven youngster in Holding. Instead of the dross combination of Xhaka and Ramsey, either of whom can't run properly, he could have added Coq in there to try and shore the midfield up and removed Ramsey or Drop Ozil as well, who's just shambles in any big game and play one of them if he must. Put Walcott on the wing and Sanchez on the other and have Lacazette or Giroud in the center. Welbeck has no business in a team aspiring for the top spots. A team of:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kosc Monreal/Kolesinac
Coq Xhaka
Ramsey/Ozil
Walcott Sanchez
Giroud/Lacazette

How is this team any bad than the nonsense he put out. I mean this team would or may still lose but even basic tweaking would have garnered some better result than the thrashing we got. Instead he play two in the midfield, he played an RB as a left wingback, a LB as a center defender, and two midfielders alone in midfield who cannot run. He left our big signing out and played Welbeck, who's biggest feat every game is staying on two feet, its no surprise we got this thrashing.

@Red Dreams everything is rotten now. Fans are sick of Wenger, the players can't be arsed, Wenger is utterly clueless as to how to arrest this downward slope, the board do NOT care one bit as long as they have the profits coming in. Liverpool got their inept owners changed through protests, you won't see that here. Instead you'll see them prancing about on Arsenal TV with their club headphones and fam and blud nonsense for YouTube and Facebook likes. Even today all the Arsenal fans could chant about was ''we pay your benefits!''. This is the level of your average Arsenal fan, for any board wanting to milk money off a club then this club and its 'fans'...well its Christmas come early.

Reactions: Carolina Red

Seij

When Danny Welbeck is your regular starter, you know Arsene's given up on trying to be competitive.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
@Wengerscoat

Think you are spot on about the board. I don't understand the boards decision about players who don't want to be here.
Wenger. He obviously has gone down in abaility over the years. The fact Arsenal cannot compete with clubs that have big money is a factor too.

If new owners come they will turn things around I'm sure.

Seriously. Too bad for you. I have some Gooner mates and am sure they are hurting.
Mind I don't feel too bad for some Gooner relatives of mine ;)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We need to look at it holistically.

Business side -- how the feck can you let four major players' contracts run down in the next twelve months? He has too much on his plate that he cant handle everything? And its not the first time his players have left under such a situation.
Footballing side -- Wenger refuses to play anyway but his own way. Great for a song title but clearly the Arsenal job isnt results based.
He is trying to play football like he still has the Invincibles is either deluded or pure arrogance.
Jose last year knew he didnt have a team to go toe to toe with Klopp's system. So he parked the bus and get a result out of the visit to Anfield but was heavily criticised for it.

Wenger, on the other hand, was stupid to do so and played right into Klopp's hands. Teams that do well at Anfield needs to choke off the oxygen off Klopp's teams. Bank up then, counter. Space is their oxygen.

He is confused and blind.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
This has been a yearly thing for the last 6 years or so. The problem is evident the club is just satisfied with mediocrity plain and simple. Should've fired Wenger a long time ago and the fact that even with the players changing the problems they've had the last couple of years are the same

Reactions: SteveJ

Not a single player of the ruthlessness of adams, Vieira, cambell and seaman. Arsenal used to have an abundance of captains all across the pitch - absolutely nothing now.

It's really not that complicated
Wenger only signed one of them. The rest were already present when he arrived. That's always been his problem I think, he knows intricate technical players but he can't identify the winning mentality. After 20 years will he be able to change? I doubt it.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Long may it continue.
For real, man. I'm quite enjoying their turmoil.

sglowrider

Why did Wenger move away from finding a mix of imposing physical leaders and top attacking talent to this bunch of ballerinas?
Aging.

When he was younger, he was all about the testosterones. Now, nearly 70, it's all estrogens talking.

sglowrider

Be careful what you wish for. We had a year of Moyes and that was enuf to make anyone suicidal.