Arsenal Crowd: The most self-entitled?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Always thought Everton were the worst for this. Always get the impressiion their fans seem to think the world owes them a massive favour. They react angrily to everything. Freekicks not being given to them, freekicks being given but no one being booked, players being booked but not sent off, freekicks being given against them, throw ins being given against them, the ref daring to talk to one of their players, the opposition having the ball withoout the ref putting aa stop to it, half/full time being blown for too soon, half/fulll time not beiing bllown for sooon enough, their own players for taking a freekick short to try and play along the floor...despite slagging off their previously manager for not having his players do this sort of thing enough. They come across as a bunch of complete feckwits.

Arsenal fans just seem to be delusional drama queens. Loads of them (not all, but plenty) seemed to react to losing to Barcelona as if they were genuinely surprised that Arsenal would lose to Barcelona. Yet now they'll think they're completely shite and act shocked if they manage to pick up a result on Sunday

Robbie Boy

I used to think that Arsenal fans were ok, to be honest. Maybe it's because here in Ireland, there aren't that many. My brother is an Arsenal fan and he is fairly level-headed about them, as are the few other Arsenal fans that I've encountered. My views in general on Arsenal fans changed when I joined this place, they appear quite an insufferable bunch really.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What utter rubbish this thread is.

Lazy stereotyping passing for perceptive comment.

All generalisations about the supposed characteristics of opposing fans are wrong.

All football fans are pretty much the same. All clubs have their idiots following them.

I see no difference between for example Man Utd fans criticising LVG or Arsenal fans doing the same to Wenger, though at the moment there is more of the former than the latter.

The most deluded fans are those who believe that because they support a particular club, take Man Utd, for example, that makes them somehow a far superior type of fan to others.

Arrant nonsense.
Nah...there's certain traits all fans have, and they all seem to think they're special somehow, but different sets of fans can be very different. I mean for example, have you ever been to a West Ham game?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal fans just seem to be delusional drama queens. Loads of them (not all, but plenty) seemed to react to losing to Barcelona as if they were genuinely surprised that Arsenal would lose to Barcelona. Yet now they'll think they're completely shite and act shocked if they manage to pick up a result on Sunday
Is that in the real world or noodle's make believe world?

montpelier

I thought the reaction to the (completely obvious) Vardy penalty was astonishing. Only very few admissions even along the lines of ''we'd have probably wanted a pen if that had happened at the other end''

tbf, Utd reaction to that Nani red card is quite similar, only a few will admit to seeing what the referee was maybe thinking about?

the most damning evidence supporting the notion that average Gooner is a deluded nincompoop for me is this ''RVN dived to get Vieira sent off'' cobblers - which is widely believed it would seem, :wenger:

Moston_Lad

What utter rubbish this thread is.

Lazy stereotyping passing for perceptive comment.

All generalisations about the supposed characteristics of opposing fans are wrong.

All football fans are pretty much the same. All clubs have their idiots following them.

I see no difference between for example Man Utd fans criticising LVG or Arsenal fans doing the same to Wenger, though at the moment there is more of the former than the latter.

The most deluded fans are those who believe that because they support a particular club, take Man Utd, for example, that makes them somehow a far superior type of fan to others.

Arrant nonsense.
Lighten up a bit.

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Nah...there's certain traits all fans have, and they all seem to think they're special somehow, but different sets of fans can be very different. I mean for example, have you ever been to a West Ham game?
I have been a few times. I rather enjoy the atmosphere at the Boleyn ground. Maybe you Man Utd fans provoke a different reaction?

Not the mote in my eye maybe but the beam in yours?

Needham

This seems to be the reaction to a proper response to every shit thread on here nowadays.
I think he meant stylistically. No need for words like "arrant".

Can't remember who it was but an ex Spurs player tried to subtly criticize Tottenham fans. Said their heads went down quickly and although raucous and appreciative when doing well he implied they didn't provide much lift when they were behind. There is a right whiny groan audible when one of their players fails at something. That could be because of where the cameras are situated at White Hart Lane, something which might be a factor in more perceptions of stadium atmospheres than we appreciate.

Cait Sith

I was surprised to see their fans leave early against Barca. Especially considering that they weren't even that bad and the team did its best against heavy favourites. I mean, what did they actually expect?

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
I was surprised to see their fans leave early against Barca. Especially considering that they weren't even that bad and the team did its best against heavy favourites. I mean, what did they actually expect?
Was thinking this myself.

Arsenal fans are known for leaving early at every game, and will blame it on transport etc, but still, First leg Quarter Final at home against Barcelona, 2-0 down but having created some decent chances throughout the game and having Welbeck doing a decent job of getting at the Barca back line..... surely if there was ever a game to stay till the end it was this one, instead with 5 minutes left to go the stands were all but bare.

Cant be good for the players, thinking maybe we can nick one before the end, give ourselves something to work with atleast once we get to Camp Nou, glance up and see 80% of the crowd has already fecked off......why bother, might aswell just give Barca the ball for the last 5 minutes, drop off and no even try pressing anymore...which is pretty much how Arsenal finished the game.

montpelier

This is maybe better if we drop the word 'entitled' from this.

If you call it, ''particularly partisan & passionate'' atm, possibly more so than previously.

I would think all fanbases would be the same on this one. They are understandably miffed at being on the brink of 'real' success but not quite doing it. They want to get behind the team. And some people might think they are getting a little bit carried away, occasionally. Is that fairer?

(It's a shame 'real' doesn't include FA Cup winning - but it doesn't does it)

SirBobbysCombover

Squirming around on a dusty barber shop floor
This is maybe better if we drop the word 'entitled' from this.

If you call it, ''particularly partisan & passionate'' atm, possibly more so than previously.

I would think all fanbases would be the same on this one. They are understandably miffed at being on the brink of 'real' success but not quite doing it. They want to get behind the team. And some people might think they are getting a little bit carried away, occasionally. Is that fairer?

(It's a shame 'real' doesn't include FA Cup winning - but it doesn't does it)
Oh stop being so sensitive, i've been to Highbury and the emirates a few times and the crowd are indeed 'entitiled' , ever much more since the move from highbury to islington.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
They might be just as self-entitled as everyone else, but one thing we should all agree on, is that Arsenal fans have comfortably the weakest, least imaginative repertoire of chants.

Pretty much consists of and is limited to the following:

All the usual seal-clapping Soccer AM repertoire of things like "WHO ARE YA, WHO ARE YA", usually sung to about 17 fans of some poor team like Lille when Arsenal have gone 3-0 up at home.

50 different variations of the 7 Nation Army tune with their players' name shoe-horned in. Ooooooh, Santi Cazorla, rinse repeat.

And it's Ars-en-al, Arsenal FC, we're the team with the shittest chants, the world has ever seen.

It's actually a blessing that their fans are so quiet when it would just be this dirge on repeat.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I still remember the crying when Lehman was sent off vs Barcelona, as if the referee should've ignored the rules for the sake of the spectacle.

Yes, Arsenal fans are twats.