Arsenal Crowd: The most self-entitled?

SqueakyWeasel

I was thinking this during the first half :lol: They appeal and moan for everything.
Wow, you think Arsenal (or their fans) were unsporting :confused: … in the first half (and some of the second half too) all I kept thinking is: why is that talented, super-skilled footballer from Barcelona rolling around on the floor holding his face when the replay shows clearly that there was no contact … then I remebered that the ref has to stop the game for head injuries.

They are so good (fecking unbelievable first touch football that I really love to watch) but because of that side of their game I'll never warm to them … ever!

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Wow, you think Arsenal (or their fans) were unsporting :confused: … in the first half (and some of the second half too) all I kept thinking is: why is that talented, super-skilled footballer from Barcelona rolling around on the floor holding his face when the replay shows clearly that there was no contact … then I remebered that the ref has to stop the game for head injuries.

They are so good (fecking unbelievable first touch football that I really love to watch) but because of that side of their game I'll never warm to them … ever!
Barcelona are an amazing team but I can't understand why they need to cheat so much. Every player is looking to buy free kicks and take a tumble the moment anyone gets near them.

Charlie Foley

Their fans are insufferable for that reason and more. Pseudo-intellectuals
I said this in the 'What do you think of Wenger' thread the other day :lol:

I can't wait to see what that prick Mo on Arsenal fan TV makes of this.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Pfff, champions league was sooooo 2015.

The Thursday cup is where it's at.

Needham

They weren't that bad. Like their team, they just have no idea what to do against Barcelona.

acnumber9

I agree. I am happy we do it though as I think it puts pressure on the referees. No point in having home advantage if you are not going to use it I say.
Oh it definitely helps. It's irritating as hell watching any game at Goodison though.

SER19

Everton

No contest. Absolutely awful, it seems there's no sense of perspective from any of them.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't notice this particularly at Arsenal games. I think they just massively played it up today because they were playing against Barcelona.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Every crowd does what the OP says.

However I do believe our home crowd are among the most spoilt bunch in the league. Fairweather chanters and singers. Away fans are by all accounts probably among the best.
This explains the random (fake?) crying last night. There appeared to be fans in tears last night. What a devastating result, only the exact stage Arsenal always go out of the CL at. As if they were ever going to beat Barcelona over two legs anyway.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
This explains the random (fake?) crying last night. There appeared to be fans in tears last night. What a devastating result, only the exact stage Arsenal always go out of the CL at. As if they were ever going to beat Barcelona over two legs anyway.
It was more anguish than all out bawling I think. Extreme emotion is always going to be part of watching the sport live, don't think thats related to the point I'm making. I'm saying the a decent percentage of our supporters are posh spoilt Londoners who don't really support the club as I feel they should in home games. Again, I feel it's also to do with the demographics of the supporters.

Anyway, OP's rubbish, is my second point.

RedDevil@84

Barcelona are an amazing team but I can't understand why they need to cheat so much. Every player is looking to buy free kicks and take a tumble the moment anyone gets near them.
Thats the Barca DNA everyone talks about.

montpelier

They seem quite prone to hysteria, atm. As opposed to normal footy club supporting bias.

The Wenger In-Out flip-flopping dependent on the latest result.

Every decision against them is a major miscarriage of justice even when it's right (Vardy's pen being the latest).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I noticed it last night too, but my suspicion is it was largely to do with the level of the opposition. The David vs Goliath setting makes everyone more unified, and there's also a sub-conscious realisation that backs are against the wall and Barcelona, ref and anyone else are all against us.

For what it's worth, I think that c*nt of a referee called them all right by and large.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Definitely Liverpool. Biggest gathering of self entitled wankers anywhere on the planet.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This wasn't just from the Barca game, I've noticed it a few times it's just this was the time I thought to make the thread and was generally wondering whether there's worse than them.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
That's the cnut off Storage Wars UK, the one who shouts "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" when he bids. I can't stand him but he constantly winds that horrible fat Scouse bint up who shouts "MINE" when she bids, sounds like one of the seagulls from finding Nemo. She is truly the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

montpelier

The Manager (who has many admirable qualities) doesn't help does he? He phenomenally unsporting about losing. And never sees the misdemeanours of the players on his team, or swears they aint done nuffink when they clearly have.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
That's the cnut off Storage Wars UK, the one who shouts "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" when he bids. I can't stand him but he constantly winds that horrible fat Scouse bint up who shouts "MINE" when she bids, sounds like one of the seagulls from finding Nemo. She is truly the most hideous thing I have ever seen.
Couldn't agree more :lol:

Parry Gallister

Disagree to an extent - in that sort of game the crowd should be putting the ref under pressure. Problem with Arsenal is it's practically the only sound their crowd ever make (not including booing their players).

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
What utter rubbish this thread is.

Lazy stereotyping passing for perceptive comment.

All generalisations about the supposed characteristics of opposing fans are wrong.

All football fans are pretty much the same. All clubs have their idiots following them.

I see no difference between for example Man Utd fans criticising LVG or Arsenal fans doing the same to Wenger, though at the moment there is more of the former than the latter.

The most deluded fans are those who believe that because they support a particular club, take Man Utd, for example, that makes them somehow a far superior type of fan to others.

Arrant nonsense.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
What utter rubbish this thread is.

Lazy stereotyping passing for perceptive comment.

All generalisations about the supposed characteristics of opposing fans are wrong.

All football fans are pretty much the same. All clubs have their idiots following them.

I see no difference between for example Man Utd fans criticising LVG or Arsenal fans doing the same to Wenger, though at the moment there is more of the former than the latter.

The most deluded fans are those who believe that because they support a particular club, take Man Utd, for example, that makes them somehow a far superior type of fan to others.

Arrant nonsense.
Yep.