Arsenal Crowd: The most self-entitled?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It seems like every time I watch Arsenal I notice this, their fans must be the worst for crying out for decisions at every turn?

If one of their players does down they're jeering at the ref demanding a freekick regardless of what's happened.

If an opposition player is down they'll jeer him as if he's faking it, again regardless of what's happened.

I know all crowds do this shit, but they seem to get on the refs case much more frequently than most, over even the most innocuous of decisions.

Anyone else noticed this? Or am I forgetting a worse offender?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was thinking this during the first half :lol: They appeal and moan for everything.

Bogart-er

Supports
Arsenal
All fans are guilty of this when their team is playing. Especially in such a high profile and high stakes match...

acnumber9

Everton fans are comfortably the worst at this. A contested throw in is enough to send them into a rage as if they've been denied a blatant penalty in the last minute of a Champions League final.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe it's because I hate this referee but I actually thought it's the kind of referee performance you see when a bias dad is reffing his son's u11 match.

CM

I was thinking the same, audible moans from the crowd about every 50-50. They were terrible for it against Leicester.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe it's because I hate this referee but I actually thought it's the kind of referee performance you see when a bias dad is reffing his son's u11 match.
The ref has been good.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Everton fans are comfortably the worst at this. A contested throw in is enough to send them into a rage as if they've been denied a blatant penalty in the last minute of a Champions League final.
Agreed. Everton are the worst by a country mile.

Boycott

Their fans are insufferable for that reason and more. Pseudo-intellectuals

Minimalist

Not disagreeing totally but it is a massive CL match against the reigning champions. Not exactly hard to understand why they want to put the ref under as much pressure as possible.

...I mean of course that nonsense would never happen at Old Trafford.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
It's pure anxiety and driven through self-defeatism. It's like every fan came into that stadium expecting a whopping. Haven't seen it yet. Try to suppress the hope it might not come. Then let it all out at every decision the ref gives irrespective of correctness.

Suarez has had about 7 calls wrongly against him that half too and it's still not enough though.

JohnnyKills

Yeah I can't stand Arsenal fans in general. A lot of them had nothing to do with Arsenal, or football in general, before Thierry Henry yet they talk as if they are football connoisseurs and view every other club as thuggish troglodytes. The smugness is nauseating, although I am sure lots of fans would say the same about us

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Preciousness. It's like their mandate.

cyberman

Theyre not supporting their team tonight at all. They're just watching.
Its an awful atmosphere.

prarek

They moan a lot but look at their ticket prices and they win very little, cobwebs in their trophy cabinet. Hard to blame them.

El Zoido

I was thinking the same thing. They booed every decision in the first half even though he ref got them right. At one point they even booed two great tackles by Barca where it wasn't even debatable that they were good. The atmosphere is shocking too. Those boos are the loudest they've been all night.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Arsenal fans always seem very aware when the cameras are on them.

Vidicious

Flop
Insufferable bastards. Most self entitled fans yet apart from 2 FA Cups they've won piss all recently.

Imagine what they'd be like if they actually won the league this year.

Irrational.

What more do you expect from the fans whose best chant is "Aaaarrsseeeeenal, Aaaarrsenal FC, are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen". How the feck do you fit that many syllables into a simple chant? Cnuts.

pacifictheme

It seems like every time I watch Arsenal I notice this, their fans must be the worst for crying out for decisions at every turn?

If one of their players does down they're jeering at the ref demanding a freekick regardless of what's happened.

If an opposition player is down they'll jeer him as if he's faking it, again regardless of what's happened.

I know all crowds do this shit, but they seem to get on the refs case much more frequently than most, over even the most innocuous of decisions.

Anyone else noticed this? Or am I forgetting a worse offender?
In fairness to the arsenal fans today barca have behaved like a bunch of see you next tuesdays for most of the game. Alba should have been sent off.

Sylar

What more do you expect from the fans whose best chant is "Aaaarrsseeeeenal, Aaaarrsenal FC, are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen". How the feck do you fit that many syllables into a simple chant? Cnuts.
My favourite is when they chant that the same game they end up booing their own team.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
At least they turn up though. City fans etc.

Vidicious

Flop
Imagine going to see your team play the best team in the world, to watch the best player of all time, and half the stadium leaves at 80 mins because you're down 2-0.

Arsenal fans are shocking!

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Speaking of crying out, anyone else remember that annoying lady who'd always scream when the opposition had a chance at Highbury?
I'm SO glad somebody else noticed this. I once mentioned it to an Arsenal fan who thought I'd gone insane. He probably thought the sound was his subconscience.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Every crowd does what the OP says.

However I do believe our home crowd are among the most spoilt bunch in the league. Fairweather chanters and singers. Away fans are by all accounts probably among the best.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I'm SO glad somebody else noticed this. I once mentioned it to an Arsenal fan who thought I'd gone insane. He probably thought the sound was his subconscience.
I met her once in 2005. Surprised to see she was around 90 years old.

justboy68

This is definitely true of Arsenal. I notice it every time I watch a game at the Emirates, much more than games at most other grounds.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I agree. I am happy we do it though as I think it puts pressure on the referees. No point in having home advantage if you are not going to use it I say.