Arsenal Mania: Brace Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
This debate feels like it's been happening for about a decade. Arsenal are crap for a bit, everyone wants Wenger to leave, then they hit a bit of good form towards the end of the season when they have no chance of actually winning the league but still manage to get top four and everyone is happy with Wenger again. The only thing that's changed is that the debate used to always centre around the youth prospects and how they just needed more time, etc. That can't really be said now because their best players aren't young any more (Gabriel and Bellerin aside).

I think he'll retire at the end of the season though. Maybe take an international job (Belgium would be a good fit).

RedorDead21

This debate feels like it's been happening for about a decade. Arsenal are crap for a bit, everyone wants Wenger to leave, then they hit a bit of good form towards the end of the season when they have no chance of actually winning the league but still manage to get top four and everyone is happy with Wenger again. The only thing that's changed is that the debate used to always centre around the youth prospects and how they just needed more time, etc. That can't really be said now because their best players aren't young any more (Gabriel and Bellerin aside).

I think he'll retire at the end of the season though. Maybe take an international job (Belgium would be a good fit).
Yeah but abit like Benitez in his Liverpool days he's a master of sailing close to disaster and then winning that next game to starve it off for awhile. Thats the only thing that worries me about the weekends game. Unless we suffer injuries tomorrow night we should not lose at the Emirates but inevitably they will play much better then.

Born2Lose

It's why I don't understand people who moan here, imagine if we had Wenger as manager! A manager with seemingly no culpability, who spends deadline days dicking around Paris and refereeing charity matches.

izec

Arsenal we love you :D how true, i love them. Never fail to entertain and reach a lower point than the low point before. Getting spanked at the weekened will be even better :lol:

Iron Stove

Good thread. We all laugh at RAWK and Bluemoon, but I find Arsenal Mania to be just as bad if not worse when it comes to delusions of grandeur.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I think it has already been mentioned, but the lack of responsibility might be the ultimate problem through the club. We can crash out from cups against teams like Monaco or a 2nd Division club in the FA cup, we can lose 2-8 or 0-6 against rivals and nothing happens.

So why even bother, if nobody has to take responsibility.
(Arsenal Mania)

Triple.Threat

so the only player Wenger sings this year to make sure he finishes in CL spots he decides to drop for a MUST WIN CL game.

Kakeru

Skip to 1:36, someone needs to get Claude on suicide watch.
Where are the censors on that channel? The only time I heard someone swearing uncensored on FullTimeDEVILS was when Shayne Ward said after the United/Southampton match under Moyes that "it was fecking shite".

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Wenger won't lose his job because the biggest fear of every one of the big clubs (presently United, Chelsea, City Arsenal) is not failure to win trophies, it's dropping out of the top 4. From a financial standpoint, Wenger has gone a sterling job and getting rid of him will be very risky. It might pay off in the long term (as far as silverware is concerned) but why take the risk when the potential monetary cost is so high?

He will keep his job until they finish outside the top 4. As soon as that happens, he's gone.

Boycott

The presenter on AFTV must feel bitter-sweet on nights like this. Arsenal losing...but all of those views. The YouTube money :D

Born2Lose

The problem with this thread is that Arsenal fans deserve to go into meltdown. I genuinely don't know how they can put up with it year in, year out.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Can see them beating us Sunday and Wenger being hailed a genius again. The Sanchez hat trick last weekend has helped him out a little.
Win tomorrow, injury-free, and our confidence will be sky high while theirs rock-bottom. Maybe we don't win but I have trouble seeing us losing. Arsenal don't play the type of football that we struggle to break down plus we have Memphis and Martial to hit on the counter.

Boycott

The problem with this thread is that Arsenal fans deserve to go into meltdown. I genuinely don't know how they can put up with it year in, year out.
They're full of outcome-bias. Every time they lose it's Wenger out. Wenger can't hold his players' hands out there. No middle ground or perspective. I feel a fair proportion of their fans take pleasure from finding negatives.

redmeister

Good thread. We all laugh at RAWK and Bluemoon, but I find Arsenal Mania to be just as bad if not worse when it comes to delusions of grandeur.
Are they being delusional though? Given the money they have to spend and the very decent squad they already have, isn't it fairly reasonable of them to think that by spending some of their vast resources (about £200 million in cash), they could be doing better? It's not as if they are broke or the board wont sanction deals. It's Wenger that seems to think they can't improve on what they have.

clarkydaz

I find it hilarious they have a man in charge who genuinely isn't bothered about winning the league

FromTheBench

Win tomorrow, injury-free, and our confidence will be sky high while theirs rock-bottom. Maybe we don't win but I have trouble seeing us losing. Arsenal don't play the type of football that we struggle to break down plus we have Memphis and Martial to hit on the counter.
I am concerned LVG won't play on the counter tomorrow though. He'll go to dominate the game.

We have a great record vs Le Arse when we play on the counter.

colinhaigh

Don't be silly, it will defiantly be France, he signed most of their (fringe) players, except for Martial (the best one yet)

Trizy

If we lose our 4th CL spot then Arsenal might never make it back and do a Liverpool. It would be a sad day for football when the 2nd and 3rd biggest clubs in England are replaced by small clubs who cheated their way to the top with money that wasn't theres.

FromTheBench

If we lose our 4th CL spot then Arsenal might never make it back and do a Liverpool. It would be a sad day for football when the 2nd and 3rd biggest clubs in England are replaced by small clubs who cheated their way to the top with money that wasn't theres.
Probably need the Europa league teams to give a shit.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I don't mind Arsenal fans in the slightest, A-M is a very good forum as it happens.

Piers Morgan is a prize douchebag though.

Status
Not open for further replies.