Kick-off
Sat, 22 November 2014 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 57 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jaimoe

Top post. That midfield 4 is a no brainer IMO. That said I'd like to see Wilson over RVP as he'd be a much more natural partner for Rooney. That 3-5-2 line up fills me with little confidence.
    When I was filling out my lineup I had Wilson in for RVP but I think he starts the match on the bench. One of the little issues i have with LVG is how long he leaves RVP on the pitch; sometimes he has no choice but other times RVP is sucking wind and still he plays.

Xaviesta

Supports
    Barcelona
    If you guys play 3 at the back, I can't see it working. What will be different from when you last played that formation?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    The only reason we played 3-5-2 at he start of the season and are considering it now is because all our fullbacks are injured... Can't play a 4 man defence without fullbacks, can you?

Anyways, I hope Shaw is fit, and hopefully herrera plays, though I have my doubts if he will.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    If you guys play 3 at the back, I can't see it working. What will be different from when you last played that formation?
    Players like Carrick, di Maria, herrera. Instead of cleverley, Fletcher and whoever else... The 3-5-2 is only a possibility if the fullbacks are all injured anyways, it was never meant to be the main formation.

felipe

:lol: :rolleyes:

I doubt you are leaving the newbies anytime soon, laddie.
    If we lose tonight, we will have 16p after 12 games. simply not good enough. We had more points at this stage with Moyes and he didn't have 150 odd millions to spend on the likes of Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera and Falcao etc. and yet we play dull football only Stoke would've been proud off. People were asking for Moyes head when we used a different tactic against Fulham. But yet no one's criticizing Van haal. simply not good enough.

Maccaa

If we lose tonight, we will have 16p after 12 games. simply not good enough. We had more points at this stage with Moyes and he didn't have 150 odd millions to spend on the likes of Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera and Falcao etc. and yet we play dull football only Stoke would've been proud off. People were asking for Moyes head when we used a different tactic against Fulham. But yet no one's criticizing Van haal. simply not good enough.
    Dull football? We might not be winning as much as we should be but if you think this football style if worse than Moyesy's then you might as well as stop watching us.

Taher Shah

Supports
    FC Cunning Stunts
    How come the predictions only go up to 5. What if another 8-2 scorline happens today?

Blue always red

Dull football? We might not be winning as much as we should be but if you think this football style if worse than Moyesy's then you might as well as stop watching us.
    The question is, are we playing better because we have a better midfield than Clev - Carrick or because LVG has worked his magic already? I personally think it's a bit of both, but I'd be very surprised if we were playing the same way we are now if we still had a mediocre mid.

SirAF

Ageist
    van Gaal.

jaimoe

van Gaal.
    New system and multiple injuries have crippled Utd. I couldn't agree more that the current play is unacceptable but Moyes did feck all with pretty much the same squad that won the title.
    With Moyesey I had no reason to be patient but with LVG I do. I would, however, grant that Moyesey was fecked from minute one given his late hire, no transfers etc. LVG has had a much easier road to start with. We shall see.

hbgreg

The question is, are we playing better because we have a better midfield than Clev - Carrick or because LVG has worked his magic already? I personally think it's a bit of both, but I'd be very surprised if we were playing the same way we are now if we still had a mediocre mid.
    We still play with Carrick and Fellaini in the midfield.

Walters_19_MuFc

God, I hope we don't revert back to a back three. If Shaw's out, just go with Blackett at left back.

Valencia - McNair - Smalling - Blackett

Maccaa

Doesn't really matter. LVG brought the players in so either way its his work.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    Firstly, it's Van Gaal.
    Secondly, We're actually playing better than last season. I don't think we play dull footbal, it's just that Van Gaal is still trying different formations and the injuries make it harder for him.
    Thirdly, Van Gaal is not David Moyes, He has proven himself as one of the greatest manager in the game. He is good enough.
    People did criticizeVan Gaal in other threads, but this is a matchday thread so... wrong room buddy.

Jacob

I think our preseason set unrealistic expectations on van Gaal. Although, when you hire a world class manager you expect to get results from the go, it should have to take a season to implement his philosophy.

SirAF

Ageist
    New system and multiple injuries have crippled Utd. I couldn't agree more that the current play is unacceptable but Moyes did feck all with pretty much the same squad that won the title.
    With Moyesey I had no reason to be patient but with LVG I do. I would, however, grant that Moyesey was fecked from minute one given his late hire, no transfers etc. LVG has had a much easier road to start with. We shall see.
    Exactly. This discussion is really ancient, but it was clear as daylight that Moyes was not our man. Yes, van Gaal has spent money but he also has had to deal with an even bigger clusterfeck of injuries than we normally endure. And that's not even mentioning how Moyes arsefecked us down to 7th, depleting any confidence in the team.

Mali_Zeus

Game hasnt even started and ridiculous posts are already here. I can only imagine how will it be when the game starts.

Oh yeah and it's Van Gaal.

felipe

Oh, yeah, we played fantastic against the likes of Sunderland, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leicester, West Brom, etc. The times we've played decent football is when Di Maria was unplayable in the midfield and due to his brilliance won us some games. Since the formation change tho we're only hoofing the ball to Fellaini, a tactic people were slagging Moyes off when he used it in some games (Fulham). The truth is that we're playing dull and we had 21 points after 12 games last season. That would equal being third this season.

Raoul

Admin
    Staff
    Each of the players you listed have been intermittently injured this year, so its pointless to draw a link between how much we've spent and how many points we have this year. Our goal this year should be to make the CL, which we likely will.

SirAF

Ageist
    Whose idea was it to open ut the matchthread to newbies again? :p

Mali_Zeus

Oh, yeah, we played fantastic against the likes of Sunderland, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leicester, West Brom, etc. The times we've played decent football is when Di Maria was unplayable in the midfield and due to his brilliance won us some games. Since the formation change tho we're only hoofing the ball to Fellaini, a tactic people were slagging Moyes off when he used it in some games (Fulham). The truth is that we're playing dull and we had 21 points after 12 games last season. That would equal being third this season.
    That's wrong.

In the Fulham game I thinK Fellaini didnt even play and the problem is we made 250 crosses.
    Right now we're not hoofing the ball to Fellaini but it seems you already made your mind..
    And we had a lot of injuries this season but what do you care, right?

redevil2

How's everybody's mood here today? I am sorry I haven't read yet. I have been writing some harsh words about LvG in another thread... hmmm... mainly about what he said at press conference. But I still voted a prediction of 2-1 win.

Will we still win with the current devastating injury situation? I hope so. And I hope the manager gives his players the confidence they need. He can do it and so are the players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    How's everybody's mood here today? I am sorry I haven't read yet. I have been writing some harsh words about LvG in another thread... hmmm... mainly about what he said at press conference. But I still voted a prediction of 2-1 win.

Will we still win with the current devastating injury situation? I hope so. And I hope the manager gives his players the confidence they need. He can do it and so are the players.
    Felipe is not a happy little bunny.

Ainu

It's worth remembering that at this point last season, people weren't actually asking for Moyes head at all. Maybe some, like some are also criticizing Van Gaal now, but the general feeling was still extremely supportive. Rest assured if we're still not doing better come March, the reaction on here won't be a whole lot better than last season.

Mali_Zeus

My mood is I'm nervous as hell and probably wont even watch the game. :D

Barthez

I really do think today maybe the turning point in our season

redevil2

My mood is I'm nervous as hell and probably wont even watch the game. :D
    I have tried to learn to control my mood these days .... but have not much success. But then since I am not expecting too much, I am also learning to accept reality. I don't like myself much in that regard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 81% of 839 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 543 ratings.

Score Predictions