Kick-off
Sun, 4 October 2015 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 40 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ole240599

It's knee reaction when he at least led us to qualification for the UCL and got us to second despite not looking great.

Fools like you would have him sacked despite there being progress.It's not the progress you want. You expect a magic wand to be waved and we win everything
    Why call me a fool? I have followed Utd for many years and I cannot stand the football that LVG espouses ie. Pass, stop, walk.....etc. Now I have not yet insulted you yet and I ask that you stick to comments about my post and not about me personally - OK?

DevilRed

I swear that we will do them in when they come to OT.

Not a special gooner team at all. We just capitulated in the first 15 minutes. Naïve.

I think LVG needs to shake things up against everton and make us less predictable in our lineup. Fellaini maybe?

90 min

Injury Time

Two minutes added on.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    I think we made the right choice in the second half to not do anything stupid...keep it at 3...take it on the chin and move on. We now know we are top 4 at best - we need to set up with that in mind when we play everton and man city.
    Problem is City are better than Arsenal, while Everton do attack with more conviction than us

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
    Fellaini is the most stupid footballer to have played for United this decade. He genuinely believes he can get away with fouling players so super obviously. Also fouls them when there's no point in fouling them.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
    Quoting that is ridiculous. It's not the result here but the way we lost and how we all saw it coming.

Van Gaal is not a big upgrade on Moyes. If anything, I'd take Moyes (an average manager) with a hundred million pounds than Van Gaal who wants to implement some weird philosophy that just isn't working.

This whole philosophy talk is BS. It's constantly us giving him money to spend and get the players he wants eventually we might get "fixed" and it will be because we spent all that money not some crap philosophy of his.
    Who is it when you refer to "we all saw it coming" we have loads predicting we will lose every single game. Youse are bound to be right from time to time

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Hate international breaks. Even worse when we go into them on a loss, like last time.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I can't remember the last time we lost to Arsenal in the league and all these years, for some reason, I never bet on us whenever we face Arsenal so the day I finally decide to bet £500 on us not to lose, we are losing 0-3 now. Well done!
    I can, them beating us changes nothing in the league, they are still not going to win the league, or do feck all in Europe.

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
    Yes, it is

We were top of the league a little over 24 hrs ago
    We'll just forget about last season, PSV, Newcastle and Swansea then. Not to mention the Southampton game which could quite easily have gone the same way today did after they twatted us for the first 25 minutes.

It's not all been bad and we've looked decent at times, but to try and pretend today is just an anomaly is daft.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
    So you calling other supporters on here "idiots" is not a meltdown but me saying LVG should do better is.

It's not this result and stop acting like it is. We all know this had been coming for some time. Every game we've capitalized on a mistake or scraped through to a win. It's a deep underlying problem that we just aren't threatning the opposition.

Who is this 'all' you speak of? Is it the same as 'them' and 'they'?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
    Scout
    We really are rather toothless. Much better second half, but in reality we haven't created a whole lot or put any real fear into the Arsenal team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    It's nice from Arsenal to not try to humiliate us.

steffyr2

Fair play to Rooney, he was awful in the first half, but he's been one of the best players 2nd half.
    Really? We gave up 3 goals in half #1 and have scored nothing in half #2. What exactly has Rooney done -- maintained that 3 goal deficit expertly?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
    Quoting that is ridiculous. It's not the result here but the way we lost and how we all saw it coming.

Van Gaal is not a big upgrade on Moyes. If anything, I'd take Moyes (an average manager) with a hundred million pounds than Van Gaal who wants to implement some weird philosophy that just isn't working.

This whole philosophy talk is BS. It's constantly us giving him money to spend and get the players he wants eventually we might get "fixed" and it will be because we spent all that money not some crap philosophy of his.
    You did see 3-0 loss at Arsenal coming despite the fact we had the best record in the big games of all Premier League teams last season? Should have put serious money on that.

Van Gaal is not a big upgrade on Moyes :lol: I assume you are one of mental Moyes fans who refuse to see how average a manager he is, prefering to hand Moyes hundred of millions is just completely insane but I guess some people will forever buy into chosen one thing.

LvG has done a fine job here. He took over a side in complete disarray, devoid of any ideas and incapable of playing at any decent level. We've progressed a lot since the early days and we've changed nearly entire team, it will take time but this side will come good. We still need a few additions but I trust that we will do well.

Comparing van Gaal who has won trophies in three leagues and was successful at international level with someone like Moyes whose CV is empty of any sort of trophy is just pure idiocy.

90+2 min

Nearly the cherry on top for Arsenal. Rooney loses the ball in midfield and Arsenal burst forward with Oxlade-Chamberlain. He's free in the box and chips De Gea but clips the bar.

90+2 min

Full-time

United's brief flirtation with top spot is over after a thumping at The Emirates.

Arsenal were rampant in the first-half, tearing United apart in midfield and defence, scoring three goals in the opening 20 minutes.

A reshuffle at half-time saw United dominate possession but Arsenal were happy to absorb the pressure and look for further goals on the counter-attack. United tested Cech a few times but struggled to create many clear goalscoring opportunities. In the end, it was too easy for Arsenal to contain them and a comeback was never on the cards.

A lot to digest over the international break. This was United's first real big test in the league this season and they failed miserably. Where does this leave United now?

Louis Van Gaal post match interview:

Louis Van Gaal post match press conference:

SinghofSteel

2 things really stand out for me

1. It's the same pattern every week in terms of weaknesses, regardless of whether we win or lose the same problems always surface

2. How we lost this game in 20 mins has really really pissed me off.

The latter is just pride over losing to a rival and I will probably be over it after the international break. The first however is a real issue that isn't being addressed.

peridigm

Thought we could get 8-10 points in October. Hoping for 1-2 at most now.

El Zoido

Guarantee LVG will say we controlled the game in his post match interview.
    Yep. You almost want them to play worse if they're going to lose so they get the proper kick up the backside they need.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    So when fergie retired we started to accept defeat after 20 minutes.

This has been another dog shit performance
    Well, clearly.

It's what you get with having a pragmatic manager.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 715 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw